• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller Adapter review - *GAMECHANGER* now with button swapping

Also read; Mayflash is the best Chinese company ever.

First off, I am NOT entirely sure if this is where this needs to go. I'd imagine it is, but if it is not, my apologies. There are plenty of threads on games, and series of game peripherals, but not so many on specific devices, so if it needs locked I understand. Disclaimer over.

I'm a fan of the Wii U Pro controller. I love it. It's beautiful, comfy, lasts EIGHTY (that's 8 times 10) hours, which is just beyond ridiculous, and I actually really like the sticks both being primary. Also has a lovable DPad. That said, I hate those 3+ program setups that require one to bluetooth to a controller, one to hook it as anything, and then another to make it act as a controller. HATE that, especially when the process needs to be redone every time you want to use it. I want something that's up and ready as quick as possible. So what do I do? I buy MayFlash's Wireless Wii U Pro Controller to PC USB adapter. Mouthful. Ordered it last Friday, and it arrived here today. Imagine that! Reasonable shipping from China. We need more of that.
Why is this review important to anyone? Well first off, it's a product that promises to make the usual pain in the ass of getting a WUPC to work on their PC, and second off, Mayflash has a near identical product for the DualShock 3. In other words, for $20, you could be rid of MiJ forever. Maybe. We'll find out inside!

THE REVIEW ITSELF Finally STFU h3x and just give us a review
MruqUcy.jpg
Apologies to any photographers in the thread.
First things first, it comes in one of those plastic front cardboard backing packages. Really simple, really cheap, but never a pain in the ass. Personally I like these for stuff I don't want to spend 10 minutes admiring. Second off, it comes with a way-too-long cable. I'm a cable minimalist, so I like when they are in the range of non-existent for dongles. Oh well, it's a bit bulkier than your run of the mill USB dongles, and it has buttons that would be better to have accessible than not, so I'll give it a pass on that. Construction wise, I'd say it's somewhere in between cheap and good. It certainly doesn't try to look special or premium in any way, but doesn't look immediately cheap, and doesn't feel like it's going to break in an instant. Usability wise, it's got a switch to toggle from Dinput and Xinput (more on that later), and a handy-dandy Sync button (also later). It's got a long enough cable that, if you wanted to keep it near and handy, you could put it on your desk, and wire it to the back of your PC. I just leave it on top of my desktop because it moves from there to my Surface. Physically, there's not much else to say. It is basically a dongle, after all.

SETUP AND FUNCTIONALITY
Here's the important part. Like, the super huge important part. If you plan on playing an Xinput compatible game, to set the device up you first have to download the drivers from Mayflash's website, or use the included Gamecube half-sized DVD. Then, plug in the USB dongle, hit Sync on the dongle, Sync on your controller, and then... Oh wait, you are done. That's it. That easy. The driver itself is literally just that -- a .inf that's enough to get Windows to see and use it. No bulky configuration software, no startup programs, no ads, no nothing. Syncing itself is just as easy as it is on the Wii U itself (actually a tad easier, honestly), and the Sync itself is quick.

As far as using it goes, it literally might as well be a 360 controller. It just -works- in all Xinput games. Buttons are, however, mapped literally. Wii A is Xbox A, so you'll be playing with it like a SNES layout, but if you don't play too many console games/play SNES/whatever, it's not that big of a jog. At least you can look down and read, "A", so there's that I guess. Doesn't bother me too much personally, but I know it'd bother some.
Dinput works just like you'd expect. You'll obviously need to reconfigure it per game, but that's any controller. The fact that you can (very) easily toggle between D/Xinput is godsend for me. Switching between Dinput and Xinput is also very quick, hit switch, wait about 4 seconds for Windows to make some beep boops, and on your way. Don't need to unplug it or hit any other buttons or anything.
The lights on the controller work just as they do on the Wii U. In Dinput mode, you could theoretically sync 4 controllers to the one dongle, and I assume that it would light up P2/3/4 lights accordingly. Xinput mode, however, it has to mimic the 360 controller receiver, so one controller, one light. At least per dongle. Additionally, the Power button on the controller works as well. No, you won't shut your computer down with it, but holding the Power button for a second will shut the controller down nicely.

CROSS DEVICE USAGE REVIEW
Also read as, "I don't want my controller to take 5 minutes to sync to each device I own"
Beautifully, when paired to the dongle, the controller is paired to the dongle. That means that if you plug it into PC A, sync it, then unplug it and switch it to PC B, the sync is still there, no need to do anything but hit a button on the controller. Even then, the device is easy enough to pair to the controller that passing it from a computer to a Wii U is harmless enough -- honestly the slowest part is popping up the Wii U controller pairing menu. There's no better way to have done this, absolutely wonderful.

THE BAD STUFF
Kind of grasping at straws here, but there are two things that I've noticed that are negatives. I've gone into the controller configuration page in Windows, and when spinning the stick around in a full 360, it doesn't quite reach all the corners universally well. Namely, the top right corner is a tiny bit cutoff. For most games, this isn't a problem, but I could see it being an issue in say, BF3, where that hinders a jet's diving ability. But at least you can still pull up just fine though. :x
Secondly, since it is just so easily plug and play, there is no configuration tool. So if you're used to using MiJ, which does have a plethora of keybinding options and pretty ads to distract you, you might come into it a bit disappointed. That said, if you just want to plug and go, wirelessly, MiJ is so far behind in this aspect that it's laughable, and so are the ghetto ass solutions for the Wii U controller.
Thirdly, it has a turbo function. "But H3X! Turbo is awesome! I LURV TURBER!" Well so do I, but not here. To activate Turbo on this, from your Wii U controller, you hold Home and press a button. Why is that such a pain in the ass? Because now whenever I want to take a screenshot in Steam BPM, I take like 5, and then another 5 to turn the Turbo off. That's really the only time it pops up though. :/ I just wish there was a way to disable it, or make it Power/whatever.

Again, this is my experience with the Wii U edition of this product, but there is a PS3 controller version. I would expect that at least 95% of what I've said here to apply to that as well. As a person who moves from PC to an MS Surface frequently and would like a single controller to work between the two, there really is nothing that could be improved that would substantially alter my thoughts on the product. If you are a DualShock 3 owner and hate MiJ, or whatever you do use, or want something a bit more universal, I would strongly recommend this to you.

TL;DR But I put so much work into this!
Want to use your Wii U/PS3 controller on your PC? Lazy? Buy!

8.5/10 (As graded on a not skewed, game site review scale. So 8.5 is damnably good.)

PS: Sorry for my not-stellar photo of the product. If need be, I have more and could post them, but I realized they were mildly redundant and just showing things like the D/Xinput switch and such.

I too really like the Pro Controller but I'm cheap and do very little PC gaming so I'll just stick to the 360 pad I use. Still its cool that such an adapter is sold and you enjoy it.

I ordered it from eBay, and I don't know if it's against any rules to post a specific eBay listing, but that's where I got it from.

Sounds really great. I still need to get a controller to work with my PC games and I don't want to buy a 360 dongle for my 360 controllers. I could consider this with a Wii U Pro so I can play Steam games with it. It says it supports 4 controllers with direct input, but 1 controller with xinput (360 controller?). I'm new to this controller business -- what does that mean?

Also, is your post supposed to have an image? I just see a broken image icon.

Before the 360, there was one meaningful controller standard -- Direct Input. All you had to do was make each button on your controller give off a signal, regardless of what/where that button was, and the PC would eat it and spit it to your game. Major disadvantage of it, though, was that each button was whatever a controller maker wanted it to be -- What you call "A" could be Button_1 on one controller, and Button_8 on another, it was totally random.
360 gets released, and now MS puts out Xinput. The main idea of Xinput is that it's more or less just for the new fangled 360 controllers, although other controllers can also use it. I believe a controller running off of Xinput is what determines if it's possible to use on Xbox (Hrm. Might see if this dongle would apply to 360 too... that'd be interesting!). There were a few disadvantages to this, mainly I believe for more random controller options, but I don't know them off the top of my head. However now controllers more or less had to be 360 style... A button registered as A button, but all Xinput controllers have it as "A", and not "X" or square or 1. Minor nuisance. Most post-360 games utilize Xinput, if they support controllers.
As for 4vs1 D/Xinput on this, I believe that MS only lets one dongle take input from one controller, being their propreitary 360 Wireless dongle, and their 360 controller. I imagine this is a result of that.
At this point, Direct Input is mainly for legacy games, and games where you don't like the normal control options. At least as I understand it. Apparently now it's also for using 4 controllers on the same dongle.

I updated the picture, hopefully it will work now.

On a side note, I actually just tried it on my PS3... It works in Dinput mode, but the buttons are all screwed up! Darn, that would have been absolutely fantastic. At least it works, and will perform well for any full remappable games on PS3.

This is the best controller nintendo has ever made and is part of the reason why I wouldn't mind it being the main controller for the Wii U.

Sophia

why would i want to be rid of Motionin Joy's feature set of Macros' and Turbo?

The MotionInJoy configuration tool has the potential for malware. That said, one can just use BetterDS3 in it's place.

The turbo thing seems like a real dealbreaker to me. I don't want that activating by accident ever. :(

wrowa

I thought Mayflash's adapter for the Wii Classic Controller (Pro) was rather bad. It connected the controller to the PC, but it's compatibility was terrible. Most games I tried didn't even accept the analog sticks of the Classic Controller and the one's that did had still problems with the analog sticks (more precisely, it had dead zones at the outer edges for some reason).

And, the worst part, unplugging the device caused my PC to crash into a blue screen from time to time, which was pretty much the reason why I abandoned the controller.

Really, if you want to play with a controller on the PC, you need either a 360 controller or a 360 compatible controller otherwise it's just not worth the hassle.

linkboy

They also make an adapter that lets you use the GC controller on the Wii U (plugged into a Wiimote).

I'm really considering picking it up to by my Wii N64 VC games on my Wii U's Wii mode.

Tripon

Amazon is selling this through 3rd parties. I'm going to wait until Amazon sells it directly, or a better 3rd party seller comes through.

Double D

So, if I'm playing a game that supports the 360 controller, and it tells my to push the 'A' button, I have to press the 'A' button on the Wii U controller?

scitek

Since you can't remap the ABXY buttons with this, I'll just stick to the x360ce dll files the guy from gbatemp made. Cool for you guys wanting a better solution, though. And the Home button seems to work, which is a plus.

Fou-Lu

Since you can't remap the ABXY buttons with this, I'll just stick to the x360ce dll files the guy from gbatemp made. Cool for you guys wanting a better solution, though. And the Home button seems to work, which is a plus.

Honestly, with where the right analog stick is, I think it's probably better this way, but that's just me.

danielcw

Does the WiiU Pro Controller have clickable Sticks, or do you loose those buttons?

Couldn't you just use regular x360ce together with this adaptor?

Plus, could one open up the controller and swap the plasticbuttons in the controller, or are their postions fixed by hidden hinges?

Does the WiiU Pro Controller have clickable Sticks, or do you loose those buttons?

Plus, could one open up the controller and swap the plasticbuttons in the controller, or are their postions fixed by hidden hinges?

That... wouldn't change anything. At least not in what position you would move your thumb to press a button. You'd always be hitting the button to the right for "A".

There is however switching it to Dinput mode for remapping though.

Yeah, you never mentioned anything like that. Iunno, I guess you could though. I've never tweaked those before so I have no idea.

scitek

Honestly, with where the right analog stick is, I think it's probably better this way, but that's just me.

I've been able to adapt pretty easily to the different positioning despite being really used to an Xbox 360 controller, but in some games - like Metro Last Light, where part of the GUI is mapped up, down, left, or right, based on the positioning of the ABXY buttons - it confuses me. Also, some games display QTEs based on the positioning, as well, and those confuse me, too. Outside of those situations, though, I don't mind it.

You could, I guess, in DInput mode, but then you'd be back to putting dll files into folders on a game by game basis, which is exactly what I'm doing now for free.

Bought. Thanks for the review, I completely forgot about this! I thought my Wii U Pro Controller was going to go to waste once I couldn't get the free hacks to play nice with my Windows 8 Boot Camp partition, so this is a godsend! I really do love the feel of the controller, glad I get to put it to good use.

Bought. Thanks for the review, I completely forgot about this! I thought my Wii U Pro Controller was going to go to waste once I couldn't get the free hacks to play nice with my Windows 8 Boot Camp partition, so this is a godsend! I really do love the feel of the controller, glad I get to put it to good use.

Yeah, I'm using it on Windows 8.1, so you shouldn't have any issues at all. It's absolutely wonderful, and the fact that it works well with Steam BPM is awesome.

Honestly I do wish that BPM wasn't so ingrained in the 360 layout. Can't really use the keyboard well with this. Oh well, not like I really would ever need them.

danielcw

Yeah, you never mentioned anything like that. Iunno, I guess you could though. I've never tweaked those before so I have no idea.

I quoted a psot that mentionend it and followed up from there.

You could, I guess, in DInput mode, but then you'd be back to putting dll files into folders on a game by game basis, which is exactly what I'm doing now for free.

Yeah, that is the beauty and the pain of x360ce :)
Many somebody schould write a managing apllication for that.

Yes the Pro Controller has the click-in L3/R3, but no analog triggers.
Thank you.

Picked up a pro controller from that Best Buy sale from not too long ago and it seems from your review that it would be pretty great to get this.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Out of curiosity, how else can you connect the pro controller to a Mac (or PC)? Is there an easy-ish method or a program that works?

Edit: Found the software with a simple google. It doesn't support true analog, though. (At least not on Mac.) And this Mayflash thing doesn't seem to support Mac, either. Anything that does support Mac?

Not a huge problem, since I can dual boot into windows, but it'd be nice.

Morokh

Does the 360 pad emulation work for every game ?

I'm using the bluetooth program from GBAtemp for the moment but some games won't work even with xinput .dll files.
Even had Bastion crash on startup because of them ...

xJavonta

Banned
The A and B buttons being switched is a giant dealbreaker for me. Can't deal with that, no matter how comfy this controller is.

MCD

I'm thinking of buying the Wii classic adapter because getting an original snes controller is such a hassle for freaking emulators.

Would the mayflash Wii classic adapter work with club Nintendo snes controller? Silly question, I know.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking of buying the Wii classic adapter because getting an original snes controller is such a hassle for freaking emulators.

Would the mayflash Wii classic adapter work with club Nintendo snes controller? Silly question, I know.

I'd guess it would, that controller probably uses the same signals as the classic controller.

Out of curiosity, how else can you connect the pro controller to a Mac (or PC)? Is there an easy-ish method or a program that works?

Edit: Found the software with a simple google. It doesn't support true analog, though. (At least not on Mac.) And this Mayflash thing doesn't seem to support Mac, either. Anything that does support Mac?

Not a huge problem, since I can dual boot into windows, but it'd be nice.

What do you mean with true analog on Mac? It should literally just work, I've found it isn't actually dependent. It actually works on PS3, analog and all (though mappings are fubar), so unless Mac has some really weird requirement for analog to work it should be fine. In fact, I'm wondering if the drivers only affect the Turbo bit, I'm going to experiment a bit later.

The SNES controller is literally just a reshelled Classic Controller, so it should work perfectly fine. I believe they would show up the same ID's and anything else like that, since if it didn't, then it wouldn't work for all Classic Controller games. Which would be stupid.

That being said, I'm far less impressed with their Classic Controller solution, at least the wired one. It's much more... "chinese" than the Wii U adapter, and they made it capable of having 2 controllers plugged in. That sounds nice, but each controller ends up registering differently, so you either have to mark which port you usually use, or just never unplug it. The cable/block bit is also just rather ugly. The wireless one might be better overall though.
A large part of the reason I got this one is because the Wii U controller has a really good Dpad, and identical button layout, so it ends up just feeling like a more ergonomic SNES controller.

MCD

Thanks chaosblade and H3XAntiStyle.

I bought the SNES Wii and the MayFlash adapter. We will see how it goes.

I could always use the Classic Pro or the old Classic if I didn't like it in the long run but other than the stupid register thingy, I doubt it since this is mainly for Mega Man X and some other games.

Anyone try one of these on an Android device yet?

Adapters that use standard USB joystick input tend to work on Android (my Retrobit NES to USB adapter works fine on Android) but the fancier ones don't (my Mayflash 2-port SNES to USB adapter doesn't work on Android).

I'd guess the same result as the PS3 - works but the buttons are screwed up. How screwed up are they? It would be nice to know if this worked on a PS3 for emulation and such.

Anyone try one of these on an Android device yet?

Adapters that use standard USB joystick input tend to work on Android (my Retrobit NES to USB adapter works fine on Android) but the fancier ones don't (my Mayflash 2-port SNES to USB adapter doesn't work on Android).

I'd guess the same result as the PS3 - works but the buttons are screwed up. How screwed up are they? It would be nice to know if this worked on a PS3 for emulation and such.

Most of the face buttons are mapped incorrectly (Wii U X for PS3 X, A and B are wrong, but Square/Y is correct!), but the shoulder buttons are correct. The most egregrious part is that Start/Select and the stick clicks are flopped, so you have to click right stick to pause. :/ The only unlivable part.

Cyryus

I posted this in the other thread so I might as well add my impressions here as well!! But OP did a phenomenal job with their review!

Alright guys, I got my Wii U Pro Controller adapter yesterday and played with it for quite a while last night. Here are my impressions:

1 - First off, it comes with the adapter itself and a mini-CD with the drivers on it or you can download them from Mayflash's website. Installation takes only a few moments and then you are ready to sync.

2 - Hit the sync button on your Wii U Pro Controller of choice and hit the sync button on the adapter and the Player 1 light on the controller will stay light.

3 - Every single button works flawlessly including the home button (see below) and the power button (if held down for 2 secs, it will turn the controller off!) and to wake the controller back up, hit any button and its ready to go again :)

4 - The adapter has a switch on it which allows you to make the PC see it as two different types of controllers: Xinput and Direct

A - The xinput setting tricks the computer making it see the controller as a 360 controller so it seems like most games will immediately switch the controller layout to a 360 flawlessly. Every single button works including the Home button like for an example: On a GFWL game it will bring up the Xbox Live Menu or if you are on Steam, it will switch it over to Big Screen Mode. But be warned, the layout on the controller matches the button letters on a 360 controller. So the A button on the Wii U is the A button on the 360 controller, which if you know anything about each controller, they are in different spots. It happens to work out just fine bc X/A on a 360 controller is near the right joystick and on the Wii U Pro X/A even though in different positions, happens to be right next the joystick as well so it works just fine. Also, you can be using xinput and also be using a 360 controller for the another player and both work perfect (and the player # lights match up correctly)!

B - Direct mode works completely different. When switch to this setting Windows will see the Wii U Pro as a generic controller like something from Logitech or MadCatz. If you go to your Device Manager you can see the controller (labeled under Mayflash Adapter) and it is fully functional but now all the buttons are labeled as Button 1, 2, 3 ect. So anways, With this setting turned on, and once a game is launched, none of the keybinds are bound to the controller so you must use the keyboard and mouse and go to options and set each keybind in game to a button of your choice. I tried this on Skyrim, Tomb Raider, & LEGO Lord of the Rings and it worked but its not as convenient, but it would allow you to modify the controls unlike if you were using a 360 controller. Also apparently, using direct mode would allow you to connect up to 4 Wii U Pro controllers using one adapter but I haven't tried this yet.

So what do I think of it? Its absolutely perfect. Installation is super simple and even faster. Turning the controller on and off works perfect and after playing around for about 2 hours with Tomb Raider, Skyrim, LEGO LotR, and Batman Arkham City, I truly had no problems with it at all with the exception of getting use to a slightly different controller layout. It works exactly as advertise! I personally think Xinput mode is the way to go if you want to make it fast and simple but direct mode is also great if you are into binding your own button layout to your liking.

For around $20, I totally recommend this adapter if you love the Wii U Pro Controller like I do! I got mine from eBay. Ask away if you have any questions!

Cyryus

Do you need this adapter to make it work on a Mac? Or can you just plug the controller in like the dualshock?

I am not sure to be honest, I know the installation wizard won't work because its a .exe BUT I remember seeing on Reddit someone got the controller to work fine with Mac months ago without an adapter but I haven't tried it myself.

Hopefully that helps bud!

I am not sure to be honest, I know the installation wizard won't work because its a .exe BUT I remember seeing on Reddit someone got the controller to work fine with Mac months ago without an adapter but I haven't tried it myself.

Hopefully that helps bud!

Yeah, I couldn't find any clear answer. It seems everyone is focused on bluetooth. I don't see why it shouldn't since the ds3 works automatically on mac.

I posted this in the other thread so I might as well add my impressions here as well!! But OP did a phenomenal job with their review!

Alright guys, I got my Wii U Pro Controller adapter yesterday and played with it for quite a while last night. Here are my impressions:

1 - First off, it comes with the adapter itself and a mini-CD with the drivers on it or you can download them from Mayflash's website. Installation takes only a few moments and then you are ready to sync.

2 - Hit the sync button on your Wii U Pro Controller of choice and hit the sync button on the adapter and the Player 1 light on the controller will stay light.

3 - Every single button works flawlessly including the home button (see below) and the power button (if held down for 2 secs, it will turn the controller off!) and to wake the controller back up, hit any button and its ready to go again :)

4 - The adapter has a switch on it which allows you to make the PC see it as two different types of controllers: Xinput and Direct

A - The xinput setting tricks the computer making it see the controller as a 360 controller so it seems like most games will immediately switch the controller layout to a 360 flawlessly. Every single button works including the Home button like for an example: On a GFWL game it will bring up the Xbox Live Menu or if you are on Steam, it will switch it over to Big Screen Mode. But be warned, the layout on the controller matches the button letters on a 360 controller. So the A button on the Wii U is the A button on the 360 controller, which if you know anything about each controller, they are in different spots. It happens to work out just fine bc X/A on a 360 controller is near the right joystick and on the Wii U Pro X/A even though in different positions, happens to be right next the joystick as well so it works just fine. Also, you can be using xinput and also be using a 360 controller for the another player and both work perfect (and the player # lights match up correctly)!

B - Direct mode works completely different. When switch to this setting Windows will see the Wii U Pro as a generic controller like something from Logitech or MadCatz. If you go to your Device Manager you can see the controller (labeled under Mayflash Adapter) and it is fully functional but now all the buttons are labeled as Button 1, 2, 3 ect. So anways, With this setting turned on, and once a game is launched, none of the keybinds are bound to the controller so you must use the keyboard and mouse and go to options and set each keybind in game to a button of your choice. I tried this on Skyrim, Tomb Raider, & LEGO Lord of the Rings and it worked but its not as convenient, but it would allow you to modify the controls unlike if you were using a 360 controller. Also apparently, using direct mode would allow you to connect up to 4 Wii U Pro controllers using one adapter but I haven't tried this yet.

So what do I think of it? Its absolutely perfect. Installation is super simple and even faster. Turning the controller on and off works perfect and after playing around for about 2 hours with Tomb Raider, Skyrim, LEGO LotR, and Batman Arkham City, I truly had no problems with it at all with the exception of getting use to a slightly different controller layout. It works exactly as advertise! I personally think Xinput mode is the way to go if you want to make it fast and simple but direct mode is also great if you are into binding your own button layout to your liking.

For around $20, I totally recommend this adapter if you love the Wii U Pro Controller like I do! I got mine from eBay. Ask away if you have any questions!

Sold!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, I ended up buying one of these based off of this post. I have to say, you were 100% right dude. This is an outstanding adapter and totally worth it. Absolutely loving it! I'm gonna end up getting some more Wii U Pro Controllers and make them my go-to PC gaming controllers.

I seriously love this so much. I wish you could connect 4 controllers with Xinput mode, but no big deal. The only other thing I wish is that you could also connect regular Wiimotes to this adapter. An all-in-one adapter like that would be phenomenal, but I suppose this is good enough.

MCD

Thanks chaosblade and H3XAntiStyle.

I bought the SNES Wii and the MayFlash adapter. We will see how it goes.

I could always use the Classic Pro or the old Classic if I didn't like it in the long run but other than the stupid register thingy, I doubt it since this is mainly for Mega Man X and some other games.

OK. SNES Wii controller and the adapter arrived.

But I have one problem: Shoulder buttons (R/L) do not work at all. Any clue why?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What have you checked? If you have Windows 7 (and I guess Vista and 8?) you can search on the start menu for "controller" and the first option should be "Set up USB game controllers" or something similar. They should function as buttons 5 and 6 by default.

If you've already checked that I'm not sure.

And geeze, I want to order one of these adapters so bad. Next paycheck I think I am going to cave on it.

MCD

What have you checked? If you have Windows 7 (and I guess Vista and 8?) you can search on the start menu for "controller" and the first option should be "Set up USB game controllers" or something similar. They should function as buttons 5 and 6 by default.

If you've already checked that I'm not sure.

And geeze, I want to order one of these adapters so bad. Next paycheck I think I am going to cave on it.

Not getting any feedback from L/R, sadly.

Using Windows 8.1.

WiiCC2USB

Neo Member
Hello... You might remember me from this other thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384764&page=2

I got two samples from Mayflash, the PS3 and the Wii U adapters. Got the Wii U model hooked
up right now. It works fine and all, I'm not experiencing any problems or BSoDs. However I have to
say that I'm a bit miffed that they don't have either the Home or the Power button available as an
extra button, Back on the old wireless model for the CC Pro and original flat CC, I used home as
my profile switcher button so I never have to get up to change roms or emulators... see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VjLI3rNkzk -- At the 1:27 mark.

I suppose I could just deal with it and set Right stick's clicker as the profile switcher instead.
Did that on the old PS2 controller adapter I had way back in '05. But in all likelihood I'll probably
just stick with my old flatties running off the old wireless adapter. In order to get everything like
how I had it before, I'm going to have to figure out what all has been switched around on the new
adapters and re-configure it in Joy2Key. Here's to hoping if they remake these like they remade
the old wired model (used to be shaped like a CC, then they re-did it to look like a block, lol)
they will bring back Home. Apparently they thought it would be a good idea to make Home a
turbo and not have the Power button be able to take its place... other than that, great adapter.

Wireless_CC2_USB_small.jpg

Joy2_Key_Profs.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rokfas6opnxj6vg/Joy2Key_and_Stuff.zip
(my profiles, if anyone would like to have them to use / modify).

As for the "Xbox" stuff (Xinput), you can get that with x360ce.exe
http://s14.postimg.org/xut7b3yc1/xbox360_CE.png
http://s18.postimg.org/50ogu1x3d/Bastion_In_Game_Key_Settings.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep3szhhjyv5kl32/x360ce.zip

Even if the Mayflash adapter's Xinput mode only lets you have one
controller at a time, you -should- be able to set each DirectInput
controller to be recognized by x360ce.exe and have four of them.

So if you can't remap your buttons (in the Mayflash software) on PC games
that force you to use an Xbox controller, you can always just use x360ce.exe
and go in and change yer stuff around in there. Did this with Bastion just using
the old flatty and wireless CC to USB adapter and it worked fine for me.
Also works well with Steam in general... gunna be doing that when
I get Ducktales Remastered.

Top Bottom