• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2007 NFL Pre-Season Topic: Special TO "I don't even LIKE Tuna!" Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nategc

Banned
is it me or the nfl.com score board is just tickering points on the packers score :lol :lol

48-13 :lol packers

rams and chargers game isn't better either

30 -13 :lol chargers

nategc

Banned
yea, i was thinking, maybe brady quinn should start for the browns. what the worst that could happen,i mean really, whats the worst that could happen :lol

he did better then fry and anderson combined,PERIOD. i don't care what enron is saying. if anderson was there at the moment quinn was in he would of never showed that type of game.

on top of that, he actually lived up to his hype.....

Enron

Banned
nategc said:
yea, i was thinking, maybe brady quinn should start for the browns. what the worst that could happen,i mean really, whats the worst that could happen :lol

he did better then fry and anderson combined,PERIOD. i don't care what enron is saying. if anderson was there at the moment quinn was in he would of never showed that type of game.

on top of that, he actually lived up to his hype.....

It doesnt matter that he did better than fry and anderson. It doesnt change the fact that it's still preseason. He's had what, one week of camp? Defenses aren't playing with the full playbook. Neither are the offenses. He's a 1. a rookie qb 2. who is waaaaay behind all the other players thanks to signing late 3. who plays for the browns who have zero OL

That is a recipe for regular season disaster.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
seriously... what the hell else are the browns doing this season.... throw quinn in there and get that bitch started

nategc

Banned
Enron said:
It doesnt matter that he did better than fry and anderson. It doesnt change the fact that it's still preseason. He's had what, one week of camp? Defenses aren't playing with the full playbook. Neither are the offenses. He's a 1. a rookie qb 2. who is waaaaay behind all the other players thanks to signing late 3. who plays for the browns who have zero OL

That is a recipe for regular season disaster.

WTF,dude, if he only had one damn week of camp and played like that against third string defense you honestly, wouldn't look at your shitty qbs and say:

"you now what, i think i have something here compared to these fucktards"

lets not forget that anderson and some other qb was playing against that third string defense too.... I mean, you got to be crazy if you want fry and anderson to play in the regular season like they play now, because its 2 weeks to go for the start of the season and they are bringing the suck.

now imagine if he would of came in the game sooner........... :lol

Malleymal said:
seriously... what the hell else are the browns doing this season.... throw quinn in there and get that bitch started

EXACTLY

nategc

Banned
soulja224466 said:
every other nfc west team got blown out, why not go 4-4!

holy shit

cardinals
rams
seahawks

nfc west just got BOOMED :lol :lol

I guess the niners may as well join their divison :lol

nategc

Banned
bionic77 said:
Steelers fans, how did the Steelers look against the Redskins?

both teams was pretty meh... the steelers came back in the last quarter but other then that..the game was pretty damn boring. Redskins was pretty dominate overall i guess.

bluemax

Banned
Meh I'm not that worried about the Seahawks. The first couple drives were the only time the real defense was on the field. I admit they did look a bit poor at stopping Brett Favre from slinging and slanging, but it seemed like special teams and penalties were the real culprits.

The offense was bad, but half the OLine was missing, Hasslebeck wasn't there and Shaun Alexander played two drives. I'm a bit worried about how some of the receivers looked in the rain but that Burleson catch and run was great. There was a play a bit after that where if Wallace had thrown the ball with some air it wouldve been a TD and instead he threw a line drive that got knocked down. The receivers looked good for the most part but Seneca wasn't hitting them.

If we lose Hasslebeck this year we are in big trouble. Honestly I hope this year they draft a QB to replace David Green/Wallace cause neither of those guys has the talent to be an NFL QB.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Holmgrem doesn't do any preseason game prep. He doesn't see the point in it. Seahawks haven't had a winning record in the preseason in a long time, and you know what? It doesn't matter. Look at any other team and there's little relationship to game results in preseason to actual games.

For Carolina, a perfect preseason is actually a dark omen. ;)

Enron

Banned
nategc said:
WTF,dude, if he only had one damn week of camp and played like that against third string defense you honestly, wouldn't look at your shitty qbs and say:

"you now what, i think i have something here compared to these fucktards"

lets not forget that anderson and some other qb was playing against that third string defense too.... I mean, you got to be crazy if you want fry and anderson to play in the regular season like they play now, because its 2 weeks to go for the start of the season and they are bringing the suck.

now imagine if he would of came in the game sooner........... :lol

EXACTLY

I'm going to save this post so when they are peeling Quinn off of the turf and making his funeral arrangements I can come back and say I told you so (if they start quinn, that is. Which im sure they won't). Every now and again rookie QBs come in and don't totally suck balls, but those guys are usually the ones with strong supporting casts. Something they don't have in Cleveland. This was his first game action. In preseason. It means literally nothing. Brady Quinn has no business starting the season. He'll get some starts later on down the road, but the last thing you want to do is stick a rookie qb out there with a shitty supporting cast and put the pressure on him to win football games.

yacobod

Banned
ideally you'd like your team to do well in the preseason, but really it doesnt mean shit, in my opinion a healthy preseason is a successful preseason

the colts went 0-4 last year in the preseaon, i think their season turned out pretty well

nategc

Banned
Enron said:
I'm going to save this post so when they are peeling Quinn off of the turf and making his funeral arrangements I can come back and say I told you so (if they start quinn, that is. Which im sure they won't). Every now and again rookie QBs come in and don't totally suck balls, but those guys are usually the ones with strong supporting casts. Something they don't have in Cleveland. This was his first game action. In preseason. It means literally nothing. Brady Quinn has no business starting the season. He'll get some starts later on down the road, but the last thing you want to do is stick a rookie qb out there with a shitty supporting cast and put the pressure on him to win football games.

ok ok ok, i'm just saying that their current qb roster is utter shit.

and holy hell at the raiders creaming the niners... nfc west complete blow out am complete :lol

i know that preseason games don't mean shit, but the laughing factor,bragging and the betting is lovely :D

EDIT: nevermind, niners came back, 21 to 20 now.

Hitokage said:
Holmgrem doesn't do any preseason game prep. He doesn't see the point in it. Seahawks haven't had a winning record in the preseason in a long time, and you know what? It doesn't matter. Look at any other team and there's little relationship to game results in preseason to actual games.

No coach really does. They might go through the motions as if they were going to prepare for the team but they aren't going to give their opponents anything to see on tape until week 1. This is why week 1 pick 'ems are so fucking hard.

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
nategc, i'm not sure but i get the feeling that 90% of what you say is crap. you're more annoying than I am for christ's sake because you can't joke about your own team and are incredibly close minded. you're a joke and should probably post less.

what?

i'm closed minded and i can't joke about my own team?... i didn't even mentioned the bears for like 5 pages.

just wow.

anyway, i agree with you about me posting alot, its just preseason night and i guess for now on i can just post at a minimum,but i don't think my criticism about brady starting isn't 90% crap.

It just sounds like to me that you wanted to get that off your chest for awhile now. because "you can't joke about your own team and close minded" don't have anything to do with what i posted for the past few days.

MaestroRyan said:
haha, except i am a joke character and proud to admit it!

i'm hitting home on about 20% of my jokes. that's pretty damn fine!

are we still on for the two week tag bet

Absolutely....Dunn and Norwood shall destroy the Vikings provided that Harrington doesn't throw it up for grabs. (Honestly, the INT at Buffalo was in the wind and he tried to force it, a double no-no)

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
oh definitely it has, it's been from a while back because i don't have the internet regularly, and when i do i just read the last page of this thread. maybe lately you haven't been an asshole, but i just want you to know you are an asshole. or were.

thanks.

are you talking about before i got banned and the rex grossman phase... i had learned the error of my ways

FRIENDS

nategc

Banned
Hitokage said:
NFC North. Weakest division in the league. :D

the bears and packers alone can probably wipe out all of the teams in most divisions this year.

but lions and minny make the north look shitty compared to others.

MaestroRyan said:
repeat after me:

The Lions look alright this year.

Minnesota has a good defense.

Rex Grossman is pure shit.

Brett Favre is a fucking joke.

rex grossman and brett favre being garbage doesn't even matter.... the o and d line speaks for their selfs...and nice comparison with the north. :lol

yacobod

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
repeat after me:

The Lions look alright this year.

Minnesota has a good defense.

Rex Grossman is pure shit.

Brett Favre is a fucking joke.

and the bears will still win the NFC North, thank you come again

yacobod

Banned
Hitokage said:
NFC North. Weakest division in the league. :D

meh

nfc south is pretty bad, tampa and atlanta are prolly 5-6 game winners at best

nfc west is mediocre across the board, but at least it will be competitve

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
wtf?! you've GOT to be a joke character, i mean seriously. i thought we were gonna be friends?

bears and packers CAN/MIGHT (which mean probably able)wipe out all of the nfc divisions and probably the afc west if you keep them healthy. i can't see them beating some afc teams in some other divisions though. :D

but to say that the bears and packers can't beat most teams is kinda laughable. I think the packers will win the nfc north :( sorry, but they are looking like a great team and there defensive roster line up looks nice.

yacobod

Banned
nategc said:
bears CAN/MIGHT (which mean probably able)wipe out all of the nfc divisions and probably the afc west if you keep them healthy. i can't see them beating some afc teams in some other divisions though. :D

fixed, the packers suck, the packers d is young and improving, but their offense is a joke, favre is slinging and slanging INTS, and they have no run game

the toughest match up for the bears in the north are the vikings imo, cuz they can stop the run, and they can run the ball

nategc

Banned
yacobod said:
fixed, the packers suck, the packers d is young and improving, but their offense is a joke, favre is slinging and slanging INTS, and they have no run game

the toughest match up for the bears in the north are the vikings imo, cuz they can stop the run, and they can run the ball

you see, i disagree, the packers got alot of weapons now and some of you are looking at last year.... the bears can blow just as bad you now, are schedule is hard as rocks.

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
packers?! wtf?! packers blow, dude.

tell me what's wrong with the vikings

and bears couldn't survive in AFC.

Chargers/Patriots/Jags/Broncos/Steelers/Bengals can beat the Bears.

why can't the bears beat these teams again....are they fucking unstoppable or something?

the vikings defense can't cover field position, they are only good at the run, on top of that you guys just can't beat us. :lol adrian peterson is your only weapon that comes to mind anyway that can effect us.

ToxicAdam

Let's see what Quinn can do against first line players before you start anointing him the job.

Ideally, I would like to see it like this:

Dorsey - opening day starter
Quinn - backup
Frye - 3rd QB

and cut Derrick Anderson.

Let Dorsey play the first month, then get Quinn in there. The Browns really fucked up by not getting a legitimate veteran QB on this team. As it stands .. we look like the '06 Lions, a lot of talent but no way of executing it.

yacobod

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
edit: one rule about being in the NFC North, find a way to hate the fucking packers. just find a way. it's a common hate. even if they are coming off back to back superbowl wins, find a way to hate

QFMFT

i mean i hate the vikings, but no team comes close to my hatred for the packers, watching brett favre losing these past 3 years has been a delight, and you cant really hate the lions, they are so pathetic, i feel bad for their fan base

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
you can't be that great against the pass when teams run the ball 3x a game and you have no pass rush. but guess what? We have a pass rush now, Big Play Ray and B-Rob. If James can get healthy he'll be a beast too.

Chester Taylor is a pretty good RB too, I figure he can put 600/600 this year. And behind our line any RB is a stud.

Plus, our Adrian Peterson > your Adrian Peterson.

And our starting QB is better than your starting QB. Messed up part is that your 2nd string QB is better than all our QBs.

packers >>>>>>> vikings

please put up stats against rex grossman and your entire qb roster list please.

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
packers over vikings? kid you're quickly digging yourself into a hole. i'm in pretty deep, but i can see you're obviously trying to get under me.

tarvaris jackson > rex grossman

i bet you 200 dollars that green bay will beat out the vikings this year in overall wins.

also

rex grossman is better then tarvaris jackson. why is this an argument?

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
i'll take you on that bet.

let's go.

HOLYSHIT, no fair, your schedule is fucking easy as all hell

1 Sun, Sep 9 Atlanta
2 Sun, Sep 16 at Detroit
3 Sun, Sep 23 at Kansas City
4 Sun, Sep 30 Green Bay
5 BYE WEEK
6 Sun, Oct 14 at Chicago
7 Sun, Oct 21 at Dallas
8 Sun, Oct 28 Philadelphia
9 Sun, Nov 4 San Diego
10 Sun, Nov 11 at Green Bay
11 Sun, Nov 18 Oakland
12 Sun, Nov 25 at NY Giants
13 Sun, Dec 2 Detroit
14 Sun, Dec 9 at San Francisco
15 Mon, Dec 17 Chicago
16 Sun, Dec 23 Washington
17 Sun, Dec 30 at Denver

fuck that shit :lol

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
i'm pretty sure it's the same schedule the packers have? shut the fuck up, you just agreed to our bet. don't be a pansy ass bitch. and i absolutely have the money ready, a new CD matures in 8 months. i am so psyched.

packers don't have a easier schedule but, ok, lets go pansy... :D

want to do one with grossman and travisty :D

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
no thanks on grossman vs. jackson. we all know that's a joke, i hope. the poor guy is gonna be benched midseason.

rules of bet

1. the bet is based on end of season record

2. 200 dollars

3. you agree to let me wait until my CD matures to pay you. i originally flaked out on FMT because the smaller sum of money I owed him was based on my income, not cash just sitting around.

deal :D

nategc

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
you do understand that the cds mature in 8 months, that's after the season ends. if you have the patience i will not let you down.

wait wait wait,

you do now this is based on overall team standings, so its at the end of the season anyway right. i'm not talking about head to head wins or loses, just the wins at the end of the season for each team.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
massive lulz at the guy saying packers could beat most teams in the league :lol

wow.

NFC North-
1. Bears (10-6)
2. Lions (6-10)
3. Packers (6-10)
4. Vikings (5-11)

Sorry Maestro-- I only put Vikings down there cuz it's a T-Jack future... not a T-Jack present.

Worst divisions in the league? Probably a 3 way between NFC North, NFC South and AFC South.

edit: by the by, this bet will be like watching two retards fight by week 12. somebody is going to realize that the best weapon green bay has is a mediocre receiver on any other roster (except KC... and probably san diego.... and tampa bay... well, mediocre is a good fit for him). Then they're gonna realize that minny is pretty solid at every position that matters except for QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom