• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
GreenMan Gaming just tweeted this:

Green Man Gaming @GreenManGaming
Get the LEGO Complete Pack at #GMG for 75% off, and use GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN for extra saving! ow.ly/oM3EB #GMGDeals

But that makes the games $28.97USD ($23.17 with the extra 20% discount)... I feel that the pack had a better price before, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Get the LEGO Complete Pack at #GMG for 75% off, and use GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN for extra saving! ow.ly/oM3EB #GMGDeals

But that makes the games $28.97USD ($23.17 with the extra 20% discount)... I feel that the pack had a better price before, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

The closest it's been was when Amazon had the "Harry Batman Pack" for like $12.49 for Lego Batman 2 and both Harry Potter games. They also had Lego Batman 1 for $4.99. Total for 4/5 from this pack was $17.48.

The big draw from this pack is obviously Lego LotR (the best Lego game ever, IMHO).

It's a decent deal if you don't already have any of them.

Grief.exe

Family Sharing Beta just added to Steam Registry

header.jpg

How is that complete without Star Wars or Indiana Jones?

Tak3n

Banned
Family Sharing Beta just added to Steam Registry

header.jpg

I wonder how they will manage that, as Amazon do something similar with their Prime service here in the UK...

you can effectively share your prime membership with 5 people inc yourself, but the family members don't have to be under the same roof (that would make no sense anyway)

Or have the same name, so Amazon UK has this problem where people pay for Prime then just sell the other 4 places, to non family members....

If steam say you don't have to be under the same address, I can see it getting the same sort of abuse

MRORANGE

It was a nice game but I do think it's overrated on here. .

Yeah, agreed. I don't understand why it gets so much love around here. I thought it was a decent open world action game but nothing particularly noteworthy.

Yes, it's ridiculous how much love Sleeping Dogs gets. I just couldn't get into it because of that.

Several major reasons why Sleeping Dogs gets the attention it deserves from NeoGAF:

This game was put down by Activision, out of all the publishers we like to hate on this one is the most despised on Gaf for various reasons. When people picked up the game after SE launched it they couldn't understand why Activition wanted to let this game die. It was pretty much a rock solid B game with a interesting main mission with some jank here and there at most.

Another factor is the major disappoint modern sandbox games, GTAIV didn't really sit well with GAF. (I liked it :s). Sleeping Dogs is completely different it's actually set in a location that isn't in America and not about chasing the 'american dream' or some frivolous mission story. People appreciated that the game location did something different, something you would never see in a main GTA title.

The whole game is a love letter to Hng Kong cinema, if you've ever watched Hard Boiled, Elections, Infernal Affairs, Game of Death you will realize the intricate similarities to the game and what it tries to replicate. I think it's one of the few games that has truly matched what HK should be from the radio stations, the street alleys and the market sellers who offer you food.

The PC version was one of the best ports of their the year, HD textures on day of release, benchmark tools, heavily optimized and a demo to boot. the game got fantastic appraisals from the PC crowd and even had TF2 items. The developers encouraged modding of the game and created custom misc content for the PC. Probably one the most committed developers in recent times to the PC version of their game.

Oh and one more thing the game was FUN, the game managed to bring a balance back to sandbox games where it wasn't as serious as GTAIV but not as stupid as Saints Row, it somehow managed to fit in the middle with it's gritty story and a side cast of memorable characters and events that struck a balance between most sandbox games,

Oh yeah, Sleeping Dogs GIF:

i59XSBatTdC0B.gif

Li Kao

From Steam news section -

Steam Announces Family Sharing
Press Release - Valve
Coming Soon: Players who share computers can also share their Steam games

September 11, 2013 – Steam Family Sharing, a new service feature that allows close friends and family members to share their libraries of Steam games, is coming to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC, Mac, and Linux games and software. The feature will become available next week, in limited beta on Steam.

Steam Family Sharing is designed for close friends and family members to play one another's Steam games while each earning their own Steam achievements and storing their own saves and application data to the Steam cloud. It's all enabled by authorizing a shared computer.

“Our customers have expressed a desire to share their digital games among friends and family members, just as current retail games, books, DVDs, and other physical media can be shared,” explained Anna Sweet of Valve. “Family Sharing was created in direct response to these user requests.”

Once a device is authorized, the lender's library of Steam games becomes available for others on the machine to access, download, and play. Though simultaneous usage of an account’s library is not allowed, the lender may always access and play his games at any time. If he decides to start playing when a friend is borrowing one of his games, the friend will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

For more information about Steam Family Sharing and the beta program, please visit store.steampowered.com/sharing.

Doesn't seem too restrictive at first glance. There must be a catch.

Lint21

Neo Member
With the likelihood of the Family Sharing feature being exploited, I'm kind of glad that they placed the following restriction on it:

Can a friend and I share a library and both play at the same time?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

Grief.exe

New Spire screenshot, nothing too interesting.

Just love the concept of the game. Roguelike-FPS with Quake 3 style movement and shooting? Count me in.

tumblr_msj5h3YOf41s3b9x9o1_1280.png

Lint21

Neo Member
Has to be some wrinkles.

Like when the lender wants to play a game and it's taken from the other person... they get it back right? What's the time frame there? You already can't play it at the same time, so why would it get taken away?

The link to the page btw: http://store.steampowered.com/sharing

That seems pretty well-covered in the FAQ on that page. You're basically giving someone access to your entire account (games only). When you start a game that is being used by someone else, they are given a few minutes to purchase the game or quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom