• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I assume it would be anything that would come up in the DLC tab. So in League's case, since you can't buy something in-game through Steam in some way (unlike other F2P games I've played on Steam), you're still SOL for that.

Aw so you couldn't add 'LoL cash' through Steam? For example, Planetside 2.

Is that true though? If you have bought an item through a F2P game, does it permanently add it to your library now?

Copons

I don't know what this means because Proteus didn't have gameplay.

Well I consider exploration a gameplay feature.
If you wander around in Proteus eventually you'll eventually find something that actually happens (like the light whirlwind or what was it, I don't remember it very well). They were subtle things, but still there was something going on.

In MirrorMoon, when you're on a planet, you actually have a purpose, as "feeble" as it is, and there are puzzles to achieve it. But still, the core of the game is exploration for exploration sake.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Does MirrorMoon feature Mass Effect 1-like planet exploration? Because I loved that, and wouldn't mind a whole game of just that whenever I want to relax.

Also, I can't be the only one for whom the title of this game reminds him of Superbrothers blabla EP, right? Please tell me I'm not (too) crazy...

Nillansan

Does MirrorMoon feature Mass Effect 1-like planet exploration? Because I loved that, and wouldn't mind a whole game of just that whenever I want to relax.

Also, I can't be the only one for whom the title of this game reminds him of Superbrothers blabla EP, right? Please tell me I'm not (too) crazy...

I believe that EP is just used as indicator of the length of the game. I am wondering if they will make an LP.

jediyoshi

X2Dc833.png

The power of crafting updates

enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Alien Shooter 2 Conscription -- MB-A3420DA0C9C54645 - Taken by Lord British

Copons

Sorry for the late answer.

I think comparing MMEP navigation to ME1 one doesn't do any good to both games. :D

In ME you have a super user friendly interface, where you just pick a planet and you're instantly there. Then you can either land on it or just read a description.

in MMEP you firstly have to find out HOW to target a planet, then how to move the ship and finally how to get to a planet.
Then you have to "physically" go there, like, you have to literally wait while traveling, and the more far you go, the more you have to wait. Then you can either land on the planet and explore it and solve its puzzles, or keep travelling to another planet.

It seems intricate, but when you learn what ship console buttons do, it become straightforward (but never user friendly).

Ah...ok.

EDIT
Shit...first post on a new page!!

Here's Saoirse Ronan feet;
cRZY06Y.jpg

She's got funky feet, I say that you shouldn't trust people with feet where the second toe is longer than the big one. Just my honest opinion, sorry JaseC. the woman you're into is about as trustworthy as a nigerian scammer. Trust me I know from my extensive research into the correlation between feet and trustworthyness.

Jawmuncher

So I looked at my badges by rarity and apparently my rarest badge is Super Sanctum TD....which isn't even a level 5 badge. Gotta say that's pretty sad both for me and the game itself.

Nillansan

Here is an interesting excerpt from an interview with J. J. Abrams.

Despite his dismay at the end-product, Abrams hasn’t gone sour on the idea of video game movie adaptations entirely, as he’s currently working on some projects for Valve. He continued, “I think that, we all know is that anyone who loves video games and loves movies… very, very rarely does a movie based on a game, or a game based on a movie, really work. It usually ends up being something that everyone that goes to play feels like this was a marketing decision made by a room full of people that wanted to capitalise on a title. That’s no way to make a game and no way to make a movie.

“The dream is – we’re working with Valve right now on a couple of projects – is to say okay, despite its existence as a game, despite its existence as a movie, what makes this great? And starting from scratch, let’s make this from the ground up great, regardless of what’s come before. And that’s me, whether it’s a video game or a book or a movie or a song. Anything that is based on something else, it needs to exist on its own terms. And a lot of times these seem to exist as an ancillary product, in which case it will suck.”

Source.

I know that a J. J. Abrams and Valve collaboration has been hinted at a while ago, but I believe that both parties have been silent on the matter until this interview surfaced.

JustinBB7

So I looked at my badges by rarity and apparently my rarest badge is Super Sanctum TD....which isn't even a level 5 badge. Gotta say that's pretty sad both for me and the game itself.

My rarest is Day Of Defeat: Source level 2.

Followed by:

Saints Row IV level 2
Costume Quest level 1
Brutal Legend level 1

I can understand the last one, since Brutal Legend has fucking 15 cards or something.

Jawmuncher

Here is an interesting excerpt from an interview with J. J. Abrams.

Source.

I know that a J. J. Abrams and Valve collaboration has been hinted at a while ago, but I believe that both parties have been silent on the matter until this interview surfaced.

I forgot about that. But with JJ on Star Wars and still wanting to do Star Trek. I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing anything for quite some time.

Jawmuncher

Followed by:

Saints Row IV level 2
Costume Quest level 1
Brutal Legend level 1

I can understand the last one, since Brutal Legend has fucking 15 cards or something.

Those are the worst. Resident Evil Revelations has like 14 cards. Which makes it a pain when going for other badge levels. Especially when each card is about 30-40 cents. I say the sweet spot is 8 cards. More than that and you're just asking a bit to much personally.

i gain my first booster pack...finally!

Just got my second....and it was for freaking Saint's Row 3. Threw that up for sale at 40 cents. Want it to disappear asap.

Deques

Trying again, with no restrictions

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-920EAE59B611C0B2 - Taken by Spawn
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-583AF64FF1F59995 - Taken by v0rtikal

Jawmuncher

Believe that will suit Valve just perfectly. They do work in Valve Time after all.

EDIT: Beaten.

But of course. It wouldn't be a Valve-approved production if it wasn't made in Valve Time!

Valve Time has to be the worst possible thing for fans.

skullgirls, but i use it cause im stupid

That's a nice booster pack. That's the first pack I got as well so high five.
I did the same thing though and opened it as well. Though I still ended up selling all 3 cards. Actually made more than a booster if i recall doing that.

Arthea

Followed by:

Saints Row IV level 2
Costume Quest level 1
Brutal Legend level 1

you got me interested, so I checked too.
My rarest are
Ether Vapor Remaster
Sol Survivor
Eador. Masters of the Broken World

That could be expected ... probably, but I thought McPixel would be rarest though.

JustinBB7

Those are the worst. Resident Evil Revelations has like 14 cards. Which makes it a pain when going for other badge levels. Especially when each card is about 30-40 cents. I say the sweet spot is 8 cards. More than that and you're just asking a bit to much personally.

Just got my second....and it was for freaking Saint's Row 3. Threw that up for sale at 40 cents. Want it to disappear asap.

Yea I really love Brutal Legend and would love to get a level 5 badge, but buying all those cards SEPARATELY (which is the most annoying part of the market) is such a pain in the ass. And they add up too when they are priced a bit higher :/

Jawmuncher

Yea I really love Brutal Legend and would love to get a level 5 badge, but buying all those cards SEPARATELY (which is the most annoying part of the market) is such a pain in the ass. And they add up too when they are priced a bit higher :/

It's definitely the biggest flaw in the card market.
I know as a whole you're supposed to trade cards and the like but there's gotta be a better way. Personally I think you should be able to get card drops from every level.

Damn, really really enjoying Hard Reset. Love the tight intricate level design that loops back on its self in layers. Gunplay is really tight, I only have the shotgun upgrade so far, but yea, so good. Id should just task these guys with Doom 4.

duppolo

Valve Time has to be the worst possible thing for fans.

That's a nice booster pack. That's the first pack I got as well so high five.
I did the same thing though and opened it as well. Though I still ended up selling all 3 cards. Actually made more than a booster if i recall doing that.

im trying to make the most medal i can cause i want to be at a lever where i unlock more booster packs, so for now i dont sell many cards, but i sell all of the foil cards.

Jawmuncher

im trying to make the most medal i can cause i want to be at a lever where i unlock more booster packs, so for now i dont sell many cards, but i sell all of the foil cards.

I still haven't gotten a foil. I've been making plenty of badges though.
Though i've just been limiting myself to level 1 badges mostly.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I've been waiting what seems like FOREVER for the original Call Of Duty game to go down to 14.99. Damn, thanks Activision!

Jawmuncher

me too, but i think this is the bad strategy. im only level 16 :(

I'm at level 19. I guess it just all depends.
Since I know someone confirmed that each level of a badge is still only 100XP. Even though it says more it's just showing a total of what that badge is worth. Which is why i've only been going for level 1s for games I like. I might go for some higher levels, but it'll be for games with low card counts.

duppolo

Since I know someone confirmed that each level of a badge is still only 100XP. Even though it says more it's just showing a total of what that badge is worth. Which is why i've only been going for level 1s for games I like. I might go for some higher levels, but it'll be for games with low card counts.

oh i didnt know that, i also believe it was 100 more per level...interesting...

Arthea

yes, each level badge is 100XP, doesn't seem very fair though, as no drops past lvl 1 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom