• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll reiterate my central thesis:

Rouge Legacy could show up in any bundle at any time.

Volgarr will probably have to wait for some kind of Adult Swim-specific bundle.

Edit: Which is to say that you should only buy what you think you'll play right away anyway. The practice of deal hunting is counterproductive if you aren't also frugal.

derExperte

If I were the RL devs I would wait and first do a 66% sale, it's still selling too good to throw it in a bundle.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey, some last year sale or something, we got Huntsman Orphanage Online for free on Amazon as long as we bought something (I don't know what), and used the code to buy the game for free.

Well, the game was released, keys are available on Amazon's Digital Game section and they redeem on Steam.

Edit: Which is to say that you should only buy what you think you'll play right away anyway. The practice of deal hunting is counterproductive if you aren't also frugal.

That being said...i Wouldn't be totally suprised if Rogue Legacy showed up as the bonus in HIB9.

Could still be to soon though.

morningbus

If I were the RL devs I would wait and first do a 66% sale, it's still selling too good to throw it in a bundle.

Yeah, I always suggest something similar when I'm talking about my fantasy indie game sales ideas.

Some indies are desperate for attention and commit to low-tier bundles too quickly or undercut their own sales by joining in a bundle before aggressively discounting their game.

derExperte

Some indies are desperate for attention and commit to low-tier bundles too quickly or undercut their own sales by joining in a bundle before aggressively discounting their game.

I feel FEZ dropped too fast for example and now it's already almost worthless while RL is doing it right by slowly raising the discount. Imo there's zero chance it'll be a bonus in HB9. Next stop 50/66% during Halloween sale.

r3n4ud

I feel FEZ dropped too fast for example and now it's already almost worthless while RL is doing it right by slowly raising the discount. Imo there's zero chance it'll be a bonus in HB9.
I totally agree with you. There was no reason for Fez to join a bundle. Indie devs have to slow down and not devalue their top tier games until they've already been heavily discounted.

morningbus

I feel FEZ dropped too fast for example and now it's already almost worthless while RL is doing it right by slowly raising the discount. Imo there's zero chance it'll be a bonus in HB9. Next stop 50/66% during Halloween sale.

Yeah, I agree. I would bet against RL being added next week.

Though HB9's policy change of needing to beat the average before new games are added could potentially mean we get something greater than usual.

We'll have to see. Mainline Humble Indie Bundles always find a way to impress.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I agree - we'll probably see either 50/66% off for Halloween and either 66/75% off for the winter sale.

I got it on the last sale when it was $11.99 but I don't even feel bad - I've put about 25 hours into it and getting 100% on the achievements felt really good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
darn :/ which were they?

When Amazon launched their "Indie Store" back in June they were giving away 3 free indie games for every indie purchase. Rather than getting the games for free, you actually got a promotional credit that reduced their price to $0.00. Huntsman: The Orphanage was one of those games.

The rub was that (for several hours, until they fixed it) buying the "free" game also counted as a game purchase, and they sent promotional credits for those same three free games. So purchasing one indie game from their store basically meant unlimited copies of Huntsman for a few hours last June.

chronomac

For reference, here are the games added as bonuses in past indie bundles:

Indie Bundle 3
Steel Storm, Atom Zombie Smasher

Indie Bundle 4
Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet it Moves (games from Bundle 3)

Indie Bundle V
Braid, Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor

Indie Bundle 6
Bit.Trip Runner, Gratuitious Space Battles, Jamestown, Wizorb (all from Bundle 4 except Wizorb)

Indie Bundle 7
The Basement Collection, Cave Story+ (Bundle 4), Offspring Fling

Indie Bundle 8
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers, Intrusion 2, English Country Tune, Oil Rush

Jawmuncher

For reference, here are the games added as bonuses in past indie bundles:

Indie Bundle 3
Steel Storm, Atom Zombie Smasher

Indie Bundle 4
Five original games from Indie Bundle 3

Indie Bundle V
Braid, Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor

Indie Bundle 6
Bit.Trip Runner, Gratuitious Space Battles, Jamestown, Wizorb

Indie Bundle 7
The Basement Collection, Cave Story+, Offspring Fling

Indie Bundle 8
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers, Intrusion 2, English Country Tune and Oil Rush

Definitely the best one

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, I agree. I would bet against RL being added next week.

Though HB9's policy change of needing to beat the average before new games are added could potentially mean we get something greater than usual.

We'll have to see. Mainline Humble Indie Bundles always find a way to impress.

Past BTA games (just because I was curious and thought other people might be interested)

1 - Samorost 2
2 - HIB #1
3 - HIB #2
4 - HIB #3, Gratuitous Space Battles, Cave Story+
5 - Bastion, Lone Survivor, Braid, Super Meat Boy
6 - Bit.Trip Runner, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, Wizorb
7 - Dungeon Defenders, Legend of Grimrock, The Basement Collection, Offspring Fling!, Cave Story+
8 - Hotline Miami, Proteus, Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers, Intrusion 2, English Country Tune, Oil Rush

So yeah, lots of great games get added in the second week. Also this reminds me again of how incredible a deal the Humble Indie Bundle V was.

Edit: Gah, beaten! Also mine includes the BTA games in the first week, not just the second week. Never mind.

Does the humble weekly get extra items? I'm asking because I'm about to purchase but already own the two extra games so since I'm broke I figure I might as well save the extra 5$ if no extra games get added.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm having a steam cloud issue with Divinity 2:

When I play at home and then load it at work, Steam asks me if I want to sync to the newer data on the cloud or overwrite the newer cloud data with that on the local machine. I tell it to take the cloud data and overrwrite the local data. This works fine.

However, when I'm at home, I don't see any of the new save games I've made at work. It just has my latest local save... like it isn't even syncing to the cloud.

None of my other steam cloud games have this problem. It seems like something in the steam cloud for this particular game got out of sync or something.

Is there some way to "reset" the steam cloud, or fix this particular problem?

PriitV

I love when game titles yell at me.
hXbwpcF.png

chronomac

It's worth noting that when Braid was added to Indie Bundle V it had been out for almost 4 years (August 2008 on XBLA and the bundle was in May 2012).

Here are the rest of the bonus games and the time between release and their addition as bonus games to an Indie Bundle:

Steel Storm: 1 year
Crayon Physics Deluxe: Almost 2 years
Cogs: 2 years
VVVVVV: Almost 2 years
Hammerfight: Over 2 years
And Yet It Moves: 1 1/2 years
Super Meat Boy: Almost 2 years
Lone Survivor: 2 months (easily the smallest window)
Bit.Trip Runner: 2 years
Gratuitous Space Battles: Almost 3 years
Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony: Over 1 year
Wizorb: 1 year
The Basement Collection: 4 months (second smallest window)
Cave Story+: 1 year
Offspring Fling: 9 months
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers: Almost 1 year
Intrusion 2: Almost 2 years
English Country Tune: Almost 2 years
Oil Rush: 1 1/2 years

I looked up all this information to figure out if Rogue Legacy has a shot (I don't think it does, but only because it's on sale now). RL came out almost 3 months ago, which isn't unheard of, but it is for a game of that stature.

morningbus

Also keep in mind that Braid was part of Humble Bundle 2 (2010, 2 years after initial Xbox release and 1 year after the PC release).

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I have 15cent in my wallet, is there a way to use them while paying with a credit card? Like, the game is 1.75€, pay 1.50 with the card and 0.15 with the credit.

Jawmuncher

I have 15cent in my wallet, is there a way to use them while paying with a credit card? Like, the game is 1.75€, pay 1.50 with the card and 0.15 with the credit.

Last I recall any wallet funds will automatically get added to you cart so you'll see the reduction before you pay with the card.
EDIT: Beaten

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Allright, this time Steam automatically used my wallet too, thanks guys!
Bought Tomb Raider Legends.
I think I'm going to buy Anniversary too later.

chronomac

Also keep in mind that Braid was part of Humble Bundle 2 (2010, 2 years after initial Xbox release and 1 year after the PC release).

Exactly. Forgot to include that.

I think Torchlight II, Hotline Miami, Lu Mulana (released recently but not to much fanfare), Thirty Flights of Loving, Bit.Trip Fate, Iron Brigade, and Stacking are all possibilities. But I'm sure it'll be something I'm not even thinking about.

MRORANGE

What should I select, pay with wallet or credit card? Because I've already bought some games while having the credit in the wallet, and Steam didn't use it.

Credit Card, at the final payment screen it will show that Steam will use your steam funds as well as your credit card to pay for the game.

Kifimbo

Exactly. Forgot to include that.

I think Torchlight II, Hotline Miami, Lu Mulana (released recently but not to much fanfare), Thirty Flights of Loving, Bit.Trip Fate, Iron Brigade, and Stacking are all possibilities. But I'm sure it'll be something I'm not even thinking about.

Maybe Giana Sisters, there is DLC coming out at the end of the month.

Nabs

Yo. SUPERHOT is super official. It's a first person shooter where time only moves when you do. Give it a try here and then vote/favorite/follow this shit on Greenlight. It's fun and has a ton of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom