• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

A lot of people on GAF will suggest you use the STALKER Complete mod, but that changes the gameplay drastically

Can you be more specific? What exactly is changed here?

Haven't played Stalker yet, but I have the Complete mod preinstalled. Would like to know what I'm getting into.

In other news, I beat
around 60% of
Fez yesterday. Lovely game all around, highly recommended if anyone's on the fence about BTA-ing HIB9.

I just wish the game had a better option for decoding the alien language. Something like Final Fantasy X Al Bhed primers would be way more fun than manual decoding... I can handle the pentomino and number ciphers, but the alphabet is simply unfun.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Haven't played Stalker yet, but I have the Complete mod preinstalled. Would like to know what I'm getting into.

In other news, I beat
around 60% of
Fez yesterday. Lovely game all around, highly recommended if anyone's on the fence about BTA-ing HIB9.

I just wish the game had a better option for decoding the alien language. Something like Final Fantasy X Al Bhed primers would be way more fun than manual decoding... I can handle the pentomino and number ciphers, but the alphabet is simply unfun.

I can see what you're saying, but for me part of the fun was in piecing the alphabet together, and having letters getting substituted in bit by bit would have lessened that for me. I did get to the point where I'd start to recognise letters without having to refer to my notes though, haha.

woot

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/ap...er_292x136.jpg http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/ap...er_292x136.jpg http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/ap...er_292x136.jpg
FEZ -- MB-2C84044C0F103BE5 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-7323958DCCA19361 - Taken by chronomac
Eets Munchies -- MB-6201BAC449739489 - Taken by damaph
Trine 2 -- MB-F1043FA11A6EDB96 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
FTL -- MB-272BFD66DC0E376A - Taken by Melted77

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

You should play vanilla S:SoC first so you can have de OG experience, and by that I mean you need to suffer the countless bugs, it will also help you appreciate the complete mod a lot more but if you don't plan to replay it go with complete then.

Great giveaway!

Very easy achievements, but I do not recommend The 39 Steps. Unless you're into the source material. The sound quality and voice acting were great, but just about everything else was a disappointment. I've never played a "game" with less actual gameplay.

4-5 hours long. Took me twice that because it put me to sleep. Also some bugs that forced me to restart chapters from the beginning.

Knurek

Very easy achievements, but I do not recommend The 39 Steps. Unless you're into the source material. The sound quality and voice acting were great, but just about everything else was a disappointment. I've never played a "game" with less actual gameplay.

I don't think it's a game, I was under the impression of it being a visual novel.
They don't usually have any gameplay elements. :)

In other news, I beat
around 60% of

The biggest change in Complete is that enemies' range of vision was shortened severely so that you can flank them or shoot them from a distance really easily. STALKER is a series with an oppressive atmosphere/environment, harsh and unforgiving. Complete takes that deeling away and makes it easier. Playing Vanilla would allow you to experience what the devs originally intended, which is why I recommended visual only mods.

tosu

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-F3D116AE4E2B26CE - Taken by Atraveller
Trine 2 -- MB-A4DA14DEC85E8FF8 - Taken by Tesseract

Enjoy!

I don't think it's a game, I was under the impression of it being a visual novel.
They don't usually have any gameplay elements. :)

It most certainly is a game. If Dear Esther is a game, this is a game.

And that wasn't even my biggest issue with it. Some really strange menu interactions that would sometimes restart a chapter without prompt or explanation. Alt-tab and lose all the textures. Nearly impossible to play in anything but single-monitor mode. No options. Strange gesture "puzzles" to fill in as gameplay. All the characters were rendered as static, white ghostly fogs. Which was a shame, as the rest of the art design was quite good. I also enjoyed reading the newspapers and various other documents. Sound quality and voice acting were phenomenal.

chronomac

Thanks for FTL...

...and Mark of the Ninja...

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to do a test to see if I got it right before this massive key dump. Hopefully someone can get some use out of these keys. Some of these are origin keys, and are marked as such.

...and Burnout.

I already had these games but a friend of mine is building a PC and just signed up for Steam. I figured I'd help him get started and maybe get him in this thread. I went back a few pages to get these. Hope no one minds.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The biggest change in Complete is that enemies' range of vision was shortened severely so that you can flank them or shoot them from a distance really easily. STALKER is a series with an oppressive atmosphere/environment, harsh and unforgiving. Complete takes that deeling away and makes it easier. Playing Vanilla would allow you to experience what the devs originally intended, which is why I recommended visual only mods.
Complete doesn't take that feeling away in the slightest.

Nillansan

I think that some of you might be interested in this.

XuivyAe.jpg

Description said:
Drifters of this world are the collectors of forgotten knowledge, lost technologies and broken histories. Our Drifter is haunted by an insatiable illness, traveling further into the lands of Buried Time, steeped in blood and treasure hoping to discover a way to quiet the vicious disease. Echos of a dark and violent past from the dead eras resonate throughout and he can't help but listen.

Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D Action RPG in the vein of the best 8-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.

Visions for this game have been fluttering in my skull for ages; something dark and fantastic, with giant forests to navigate, huge floating structures to explore, deep crumbling ruins to loot, massive throngs of enemies to rend, and behemoths both flesh and mechanical to overcome. I want it all to be as beautiful as possible, forging color with the dark and eerie wastes and intimidating landscapes. It plays like the best parts of A Link to the Past and Diablo, evolved: lightning fast combat, more mobility, an array of tactical options, more numerous and intelligent enemies, and a larger world with a twisted past to do it all in.

The team consists of Alex Preston (Samurai Gunn), Beau Blyth (Samurai Gunn), Disasterpeace (Fez OST) and Baths (here is a little taste of his fantastic music). Please check out the Announcement Trailer on the Kickstarter page before passing judgement (I did try to find an alternative source, but it seems like they haven't uploaded it elsewhere). The game looks amazing in motion.

They are aiming for a mid 2014 release on Steam. I think they are getting fast-tracked to Steam thanks to the confirmed Steam release of Samurai Gunn.

Screen shots
1mZ3ze7.jpg
O5usHIF.jpg

Press Coverage
IndieStatik
Rock Paper Shotgun
VG247

More information
GAF Thread courtesy of kidko.
Here is the link to the Kickstarter Page, you will find the trailer there as well.

bGOWSYJ.gif

I hope that you guys are okay with this post, if this sort of thing is frowned upon, please let me know. I am not a part of the development team.

Got something new for my collection.

jBcCqE5l.jpg

Really cool packaging. Also comes with a Steam code which apparently redeems Morrowind GotY, Oblivion GotY Deluxe and Skyrim Legendary. Which I already own on Steam, I just bought it for the discs. :lol

Cth

jBcCqE5l.jpg

Really cool packaging. Also comes with a Steam code which apparently redeems Morrowind GotY, Oblivion GotY Deluxe and Skyrim Legendary. Which I already own on Steam, I just bought it for the discs. :lol

Awesome.. my wife would kill for that :D

How much did it set you back and where did you get it?

Cth

Payday can't get here soon enough!

Just got a -75% off coupon for Ultratron and it looks great!

Anyone who's played it have any impressions? Looks like Robotron with graphical upgrades and the ability to boost stats/weapons/etc.

Indie Gala Weekly, pay what you want for :

Zombies (Desura)
Alien Hallway (Steam)
Alien SHooter (Steam)
Alien Shooter 2: Conscripted (Steam)
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded (Steam)
Zombie Shooter (Steam)
Zombie Shooter 2 (Steam)

Sorry if late.

I live in Belgium, and I pre-ordered it in my local Game Mania store. Regular price was €59, but because I traded in a lot of 360 games I only had to pay €15.

I think a lot of places are supposed to have it now, though. Amazon definitely has it for sale.

I'm just a sucker for pretty maps.
Yeah the package looks really nice, and I've never played the first two games so might pick this up, especially for the maps.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Indie Gala Weekly, pay what you want for :

Zombies (Desura)
Alien Hallway (Steam)
Alien SHooter (Steam)
Alien Shooter 2: Conscripted (Steam)
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded (Steam)
Zombie Shooter (Steam)
Zombie Shooter 2 (Steam)

Sorry if late.

I read the email they sent out earlier this morning, and I really don't mean this meanly, but they need to forward their shit to me and I'll do a native-English-speaker proofread for free.

jBcCqE5l.jpg

That's pretty cool. I wish Skyrim would finally drop to around 10 so I could finally start playing it :p

Bought Rogue Legacy in the morning, woot.

Already had this so enjoy.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Alien Shooter 2: Conscripted -- MB-8BFAA6FF7F6F1632 - Taken by Aitor

MNC

I think that some of you might be interested in this.

XuivyAe.jpg

The team consists of Alex Preston (Samurai Gunn), Beau Blyth (Samurai Gunn), Disasterpeace (Fez OST) and Baths (here is a little taste of his fantastic music). Please check out the Announcement Trailer on the Kickstarter page before passing judgement (I did try to find an alternative source, but it seems like they haven't uploaded it elsewhere). The game looks amazing in motion.

They are aiming for a mid 2014 release on Steam. I think they are getting fast-tracked to Steam thanks to the confirmed Steam release of Samurai Gunn.

Screen shots
1mZ3ze7.jpg
O5usHIF.jpg

Press Coverage
IndieStatik
Rock Paper Shotgun
VG247

More information
GAF Thread courtesy of kidko.
Here is the link to the Kickstarter Page, you will find the trailer there as well.

bGOWSYJ.gif

I hope that you guys are okay with this post, if this sort of thing is frowned upon, please let me know. I am not a part of the development team.
That looks great!

Tesseract

Banned
King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition launch trailer went live yesterday, here it is for those of you who missed it.

Launch Trailer

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940/
$29.99, Pre-purchase price $24.99

・NETWORK:
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" now features vastly improved netcode that will provide you with the most comfortable online experience yet! The new netcode features improved communication speeds between you and your opponent, and also tailors your online experience according to your PC environment!

Reset your stats (This weekend only!)

v13+ has been nice and stable, mostly lag free. 130+ matches played here (est), only a handful were bad.

Eternia

Payday can't get here soon enough!

Just got a -75% off coupon for Ultratron and it looks great!

Anyone who's played it have any impressions? Looks like Robotron with graphical upgrades and the ability to boost stats/weapons/etc.
I found it enjoyable during the few hours I played it. You kill robots and you're given a lot of tools such as grenades, smartbombs, and AI companions that follow you and shoot at anything within range. There are also powerups that drop on the field that last quite a while which mixes up the gameplay a bit. It really makes you feel like a badass when you're packing a rapid fire shot or spread gun along with all your little robot companions and tearing up anything that spawns. Considering the roots of the game, it does end up being high score chasers as you'll max out your upgrades relatively quickly and the stages loop on forever (I assume) with the enemies gradually becoming faster and more abundant. They game does give a checkpoint after each world so it's actually very forgiving.

Initially I played with the keyboard and mouse but I found it hard to aim (and see my cursor) where I wanted to while moving and trying to dash into items that move themselves wasn't too great either. Switching over to a controller somewhat alleviated those problems but for whatever reason they mapped smartbombs onto a face button. I never did find out if you could remap controls within the game or through a file. They also don't give descriptions for the upgrades you buy unless you have enough money which seems like another oversight.

It's still a fast, responsive and hectic game with a very slick presentation. And the cards are worth some amount of money that isn't pennies, so there's that too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom