• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Greenlight: 1000 games and counting, more Greenlit every few weeks

wwm0nkey

Still no Murder Miners... ugh.

Before this they dropped to 98% after being in the top 100 not too long before. So they should be approved soon hopefully though they would have today if they could have just hung onto that 98 spot.

They really need to be a bit more proactive with the community, great game and everything but its just so....silent.

Hell look at M.A.V guy started getting active and running contests and got 2,500 facebook followers in a month. 1000 would probably help push MurderMiners to near the top but again, silent. :(

Dizzy-4U

- EF-12
- Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

fASQ45M.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As per the IGBW, the following games have been in bundles:

3089 -- An Action RPG
- The Sigma Bundle (Indie Royale)
- IndieGameStand

99 Levels to Hell
- Bloodbath (Bundle Stars)
- Build a Bundle 3 (Groupees)
- Indie Bundle (Groupees)
- IndieGameStand

Arcane Worlds
- Spotlight 1 (Groupees)

Beware Planet Earth
- Build a Greenlight Bundle (Groupees)
- Green Light Bundle 3
- IndieGameStand
- The Debut 4 Bundle (Indie Royale)

BlackSoul
- Bundle of the Damned 2 (Groupees)

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
- Indie Adventure Bundle (Bundle Stars)

Driftmoon
- Build a Greenlight Bundle (Groupees)

Edit: "Exclusive demo" only. Thanks to LiquidSolid for bringing this to my attention.

Enola
- Alpha Funding Groupee

EvilQuest
- Indie Gala Weekly 2
- The Halloween Bundle (Indie Royale)
- The Indie Gamer Chick Bundle (Indie Royale)

FootLOL: Epic Fail League
- The Debut 6 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Frogatto & Friends
- Build a Bundle 7 (Groupees)
- IndieGameStand

Full Bore
- IndieGameStand
- IndieMeadow Greenlight Bundle

Guerilla Bob
- Green Light Bundle

Ichi
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 (Groupees)
- Green Light Bundle
- Green Light Bundle 4
- Indie Gala Mobile 2
- Indie Underdog Pack 2
- The Graduation Bundle (Indie Royale)

Major Mayhem
- Green Light Bundle
- Be Mine Anniversary (Groupees)

Masterspace
- The Hasty Yet Heroic Majeyal Space Operator Bundle (IndieFort/GamersGate)

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
- The Debut 7 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Mobiloid
- IndieGameStand

Mr. Bree+
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 4 (Groupees)

Muffin Knight
- Green Light Bundle

One Finger Death Punch
- Be Mine X (Groupees)

Out There Somewhere
- Super BR Jam
- The Debut 2 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Pitiri 1977
- Indie Gala Mobile

Potatoman Seeks the Troof
- Build a Green Light Bundle 3
- The Hammerhead Bundle (Indie Royale)
- The Pixeljam Octology (Bundle Dragon)

Residue
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 3 (Groupees)

Rooks Keep
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 3 (Groupees)

Saturday Morning RPG
- The Debut 6 Bundle (Indie Royale)

War of the Human Tanks
- Eclectic Delights (Bundle In A Box)
- IndieFort Countdown Bundle (IndieFort/GamersGate)
- Let's Build a Doujin Bundle! (Groupees)
- The Mighty Bundle (Indie Royale)

Wyv and Keep
- IndieGameStand
- The Alpha Collection #1 (Indie Royale)

While CDF Ghostship was greenlit, the sequel Ghostship: Aftermath was not and only the latter has been in a bundle, but it may hit Steam at a later date now that the developer has a presence on the service proper.

Edit: Removed "currently available" label; bundle has expired.

Lain

About War of the Human Tanks, people that bought it from GMG (I got it from there) should receive a Steam Key as well.

As a sales incentive, we will be running a promotion with Fruitbat Factory, whereby if you purchase a copy of War of the Human Tanks, all customers will receive a free Steam key if the game is successfully accepted through the Steam Greenlight process.

Excuse my ignorance, but I bought the Debut Bundle 7 on Indie Royale and have added the games to my Desura collection. Where can I find a Steam key for the game, now that it's been accepted to Greenlight? Or did I have to register the games on Desura BEFORE the game was Greenlit to get a key? :(

Every time an update with more games Greenlit happens I always anxiously look for The Sea Will Claim Everything and am always disappointed, lol. Oh well, maybe one day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Excuse my ignorance, but I bought the Debut Bundle 7 on Indie Royale and have added the games to my Desura collection. Where can I find a Steam key for the game, now that it's been accepted to Greenlight? Or did I have to register the games on Desura BEFORE the game was Greenlit to get a key? :(

It depends on the game. Generally Steam keys are added -- after some time, it's not instant -- to the bundle page, but as Indie Royale is run by Desura and each included game can be registered on the service, some developers instead opt to have the keys distributed via Desura's user library page. Your best bet is to keep an eye on this page -- any keys that require specific steps to be obtained will be marked.

It depends on the game. Generally Steam keys are added -- after some time, it's not instant -- to the bundle page, but as Indie Royale is run by Desura and each included game can be registered on the service, some developers instead opt to have the keys distributed via Desura's user library page. Your best bet is to keep an eye on this page -- any keys that require specific steps to be obtained will be marked.

Many thanks, brother.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow, I must be slipping. Only game I have from that list was Tower Climb, which I actually thought had been Greenlit already.

Joe Molotov

You also have to realize that just because a game has been greenlit doesn't mean it's been released on Steam. There are some games that were greenlit months ago and still haven't made it to store (and some that never will, for a variety of reasons).

You also have to realize that just because a game has been greenlit doesn't mean it's been released on Steam. There are some games that were greenlit months ago and still haven't made it to store (and some that never will, for a variety of reasons).

Thanks for reminding me of the difference :)

Momentary

Banned
Still no Danmaku Unlimited 2 :(

But there's a solid list of games that got Greenlit. I'm happy that I already own most of the ones I want. :)

Seriously though. Anyone who complains about the greenlight process now just needs to get a slap in the face.

Eternic

Neo Member
Very happy to see Probably Archery, the Surgeon Sim of archery games, greenlit.[/url]

Me too! :)

We'd been sitting at ~#12 on Greenlight for a week or so just waiting for them to greenlight batch. Now we're motivated to work ever harder and get it finished soon. Looking at the moment at releasing in mid January. We'll sleep when it's done :).

Platy

That is probably my favorite batch so far.
Lots of titles in my favorite list.

And I am not happy only because 2 brazilian games got greenlight (Out There and Mr Bree) ... but because awesome things got greelit like Froggato, Ichi and Saturday Morning RPG

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Me too! :)

We'd been sitting at ~#12 on Greenlight for a week or so just waiting for them to greenlight batch. Now we're motivated to work ever harder and get it finished soon. Looking at the moment at releasing in mid January. We'll sleep when it's done :).

Nice to have you here. Best of luck finishing the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
- EF-12
- Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

fASQ45M.gif

The absolute perfect post. I woke up this morning to congratulatory tweets. That's how I found out we were greenlit. The best part? I thought only Mitsurugi got through. Then I saw a tweet that said "Congrats on the double greenlit!"

I was like "wait...double?"

So glad EF-12 is in. The workshop integration is going to turn it into a god damn monster.

I call that a win for GAF :)

One Way Heroics is on its second day on Greenlight, and it's doing great. We're 38% of the way to the Top 100 in just one day. The last batch of greenlit titles just cleared the way for it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198746495

Hopefully when OWH gets greenlit, this will be message enough that we're worth taking seriously, and we don't need to go through Greenlight anymore.

Congrats Thetrin and BudokaiMK2 for EF-12 and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae being Greenlit!

Thanks for the congratulations. Hopefully the speed we went through this time helps us to skip this process more often. ^_^

One Way Heroics is already trending VERY well.

Considering my primary responsibility is picking content to take abroad I have had a big smile on my face today. ;)

FrozenXcalibur

Neo Member

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Its super mediocre. The combat is fun but it all takes place in a small circle. Its literally Devil May Cry's Bloody Palace turned into a game except you don't move floors.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it. We've been relaying feedback to the developers on what they can improve in the future.

(you do actually move floors once you beat the boss of the section you're in)

Durante

Yay! I like this batch.

CONSORTIUM (finally, still just in time for launch), Deathfire, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Paper Sorcerer and War of the Human Tanks are the ones I voted for.

_machine

A friend of mine and his company Team Jolly Roger just released their first greenlight campaign for their turn based strategy game Interplantery.

Link to the Greenlight, I'm sure the guys would appreciate any votes and feedback on the game and the greenlight campaign. They're also running an alpha test so if you want to try to the game they've got more info on twitter and their greenlight page. I can relay any of your thoughts or questions to the team.

RPS Article

Feel free to spread the word aswell if you like the game :)

A friend of mine and his company Team Jolly Roger just released their first greenlight campaign for their turn based strategy game Interplantery.

Link to the Greenlight, I'm sure the guys would appreciate any votes and feedback on the game and the greenlight campaign. They're also running an alpha test so if you want to try to the game they've got more info on twitter and their greenlight page. I can relay any of your thoughts or questions to the team.

RPS Article

Feel free to spread the word aswell if you like the game :)

Looks interesting, I'll post it in the Indie thread.

I'm really excited now, my game (Love) just jumped up to #67. I really hope it gets greenlit, because I'll continue to make levels and content for it after release, and Steam would be perfect for that.

szaromir

Banned
what it takes to get greenlit? top 100?
You need to get as high a number of 'yes' votes as you possibly can. If you're already top 100, you can count that you will get greenlight (unless no one votes for your game anymore...), probably not in the next batch over the next 2 or 3 almost certainly.

I really like that Valve has increased the amount of greenlit games over the last few months. Steam has such a massive marketshare that not being there essentially locks you out of the PC platform, and the fear of not getting there (and the necessity of fighting the greenlight process) was scaring developers away. If Valve sustains the rate of 500+ games a year it means any serious developer will easily get their game through Greenlight and as a result the PC scene will be even livelier.

_machine

I'm really excited now, my game (Love) just jumped up to #67. I really hope it gets greenlit, because I'll continue to make levels and content for it after release, and Steam would be perfect for that.
Can you post (or pm) the Greenlight stats? I've been trying to gather a bit of data for the devs of Interplanetary on where the need to aim and what sort of stats the games that have gotten through have had.

thetrin

You guys have been a huge support to us on Greenlight. We got EF-12 and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae through Greenlight because of you guys!

Now we're in the Top 10 on Greenlight with One Way Heroics, so we want to thank all of you with 100 coupons for free copies of One Way Heroics! Simply use the coupons on Playism, and a free copy of the game is yours!

(coupons expire on Jan 5th)

You guys have been a huge support to us on Greenlight. We got EF-12 and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae through Greenlight because of you guys!

Now we're in the Top 10 on Greenlight with One Way Heroics, so we want to thank all of you with 100 coupons for free copies of One Way Heroics! Simply use the coupons on Playism, and a free copy of the game is yours!

Congratulations! Thanks a lot!

gabbo

Congrats on the Greenlights and that's incredibly generous of you.

Thanks

Lain

Nice to read that One Way Heroics is doing so well on Greenlight, and thanks for the coupons.

Deques

I tried many codes, but none of them worked. So I ended buying it instead :)

batteryLeakage

Neo Member

I redeemed one of the coupons. Thanks, that was very cool of you guys!

I voted for it a few days ago. There is a real dearth of Japanese games on Steam right now. Its good to see you guys are doing well on it

Top Bottom