• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overkill dev reacts to Payday 2 Crimewave bugs on console "switch to other platform''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Not sure if this is allowed to post? Otherwise please close it. )
Just saw this being posted on Reddit.

Edit: Looks to be really old and not linked to Crimewave Edition. Not sure it suddenly moves up on Reddit. Can be closed if needed.
Still a very bad attitude imo.

wiiZxGk.jpg

Grikker

Banned
Maybe Melanie is jaded about something that is preventing them fixing the console version?

Edit: dude that is super old

Fury451

Banned
I assume this is about the PS3/360 versions given the date? Maybe they couldn't fix it?

Anyways, wow, what a crappy attitude, and a horrible way to respond to a consumer. Kinda off-putting, though I like the game.

I remember being cross the devs didn't update my 360 version, while the PC version got constant patches n updates.
My salt is probably why I'm skipping on the nextgen console version.
"If you don't like how our product is shitty on this platform, perhaps you should invest $ in another platform and buy another copy of our game" Nice.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Which is still a broken mess, and this developer comment is deplorable.

Oh aye I'm not commenting on those versions because I've not played them/read much about them but it wouldn't surprise me if they've abandoned it. Not a great attitude to have. Hell unfortunately even Valve have that attitude with Counterstrike GO on consoles, it didn't even release on PS3 in Europe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not sure if this is allowed to post? Otherwise please close it. )
Just saw this being posted on Reddit.

Edit: Looks to be really old. Not sure it suddenly moves up on Reddit. Can be closed if needed.

http://i.imgur.com/wiiZxGk.jpg

Old or not, it's still relevant. They did PS360 dirty. PC got a shit ton of support while the last-gen consoles lanquished right after launch. I expect more of the same from Overkill with the PS420 versions. Double so when they're busy working Starbreeze's stupid VR platform (YET ANOTHER ONE!) and working on "Overkill's The Walking Dead" with Robert Kirkman AND outsourcing Payday 2 DLC to "Lion, Kill, Lion" to do said work on Starbreeze VR/Walking Dead.

Reset

Didn't the payday devs not support the console version of the original Payday with DLC?
Why would anyone buy their games on consoles, when they don't give a shit about the console version. Reminds me of when PC gamers were complaining about MKX being broken on PC. Like come on, why are you guys supporting devs that don't give a shit about you.

Anyway doesn't matter if that tweet is old, it still shows how they don't give a shit about their fans and are complete assholes. Dunno why anyone would support them.

tbb033

Banned
Old or not, it's a bullshit response. I suppose they're going to let you have the game on the other platform without paying for it all over again? Of course not. And obviously not everyone has every platform out there. What's the response to that? "Tough shit asshole, you should buy more stuff and not live on a budget."

Hugstable

Banned
date of tweet is from 2014...

Still a crappy response though. Kinda lame for PS3/360 owners if the game was never fixed on there

Walpurgis

Banned
Just because it's old doesn't mean we should lock this thread or say "that's that". This is a ridiculous statement from a professional developer and they need to be shamed. This is like the developer counterpart for entitled gamers.

Corpekata

Banned
It's from a level designer, not someone working on bugs and shit, or someone in PR, on their personal account, so who cares really?

It's one thing if it was the support team, or someone high up, or the game or studio's official account.

don't buy a game before researching

in 2015 there is a chance it is broken

people keep buying them so I'm not sure how you get them to stop though

Reset

It's from a level designer, not someone working on bugs and shit, or someone in PR, on their personal account, so who cares really?

It's one thing if it was the support team, or someone high up, or the game or studio's official account.
If it's a person who works for the company. Then even what they say even on their personal account is basically them speaking for the company. Especially when it involves a project that they're involved with.

gdt

It seems like these big multiplayer games always get left behind on consoles (if they attain major success on PC). The devs can't be arsed to keep paying and waiting to make patches and updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom