• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 1 mod that unlocks 30fps physics cap

Yudoken

My favorite Bioshock 1 is finally fixed!

Youtuber Turtle Hax finally fixed this big issue of the game.

While the pc version was a really good (those water effects are still amazing!) version it had a really bad 30fps physics cap.
The game can run in higher fps but the physics look awful and I personally really disliked it.

A short video demonstration with links in the description

He even demonstrated it with 144fps, don't forget to watch it in 60fps!

Are you planning to play the game again?
Never understood why people praised Infinite that much and I'm really happy that this long-term issue is finally solved! =)

Edit 2:

Got great news, everybody!
Someone nice gifted a copy for him and he told me he's gonna look into it.
It's not as easy as in BS1 but it doesn't look like it's impossible and just takes time.
Also thank you Facegravy for the BS2 key!
Gonna play one and two and report if ti works fine through the game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So that sofa that falls down the stairs at the beginning will no longer be hilarious?

Not sure how I feel about that.

Pretty cool. That's why I love the PC so much. MODs like this bring a game to life again. Yes, I will play again. I bought a 144hz g-sync monitor a few months ago. Pure God tier.

CHC

Just what I've been waiting for!

Really though never thought I'd see the day, it's just one of those infamous unresolved issues.

tauke

That 30fps physics seems so jarring considering how fluid the player camera moves yet the environment object animation that is driven by physics looks choppy.

Looks like I need to revisit Rapture soon!

pretty neat mod but my favourite part of the video was the wobbly "download in description" bit, funkay

(but seriously, I'd never noticed the cap consciously in Bioshock 1 but upon watching that video I suddenly realized I'd seen the stutter all along and just never thought anything of it.)

CHC

the mod is neat but the best thing in that video was the wiggly text at the end

I think it uses the same algorithm that powers Duane:

efPcwsX.gif

Wow, I didn't even know these games had issues at higher framerates.

Now why can't anybody do this for Bethesda or FromSoftware games?

Tagyhag

Nice, that and the audio being muted were the only technical problems that I had. Audio was an easy fix but you couldn't escape those physics without some sort of mod.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Has anyone ever actually tried something like this for the PC version of Halo? Game always looks wonky with those 30 FPS models.

Tagyhag

...the fuck?

Lol so the problems have to do with the Stereo Mix and incompability issues.

If you have a mic plugged in (I think headphones on the mic jack work as well) the stereo mix will be on before you start the game and all will be well.

You could also do other tweaks to have the Stereo Mix without needing to plug anything in but it was just much easier with the mic.

I did not stay for the text. It looks like the text is fucking. download in description is an ass and the text at the bottom is the penis.

Lijik

The lens flare barrel zoom up/wiggle text ending is too much, it wouldve killed one of the roger rabbit weasels instantly

Top Bottom