• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 1 mod that unlocks 30fps physics cap

This is awesome! Totally gonna do another playthrough soon.

Now if only someone could definitively fix the bug with the sound channels in the PC version. On 3 different computers with 3 different onboard soundcards I get sound effects cutting out when too many play at once.

ShutterMunster

This is the one game from last gen that I wish got a PS4/XboxOne remaster (GOW Ultimate style). Bioshock 1 is one of my all time favorite games. Some of the best art direction I've ever seen in a video game.

You know, it would be super amazing if someone could do the same thing for the animations in halo ce PC.

That shit is beyond jarring.

-BLITZ-

Awesome. Thank you for posting this. Clearly 144fps is better. The flames at 30 cap were never good in the game at all. In the video is so much better.

Bookmarked.

Red Hood

Banned
I knew something felt a little off when I recently replayed it first time on PC. I'll be downloading this for damn sure, thanks!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lol wtf was this

c1xUev0.gif
hahahaha. it even had some warez-style music to go along with it.

Anteater

Got great news, everybody!

Turtle answered my question about a Bioshock 2 fix and he said he's going to do a mod when the game is on sale.
So if somebody wants to get him the game feel free to contact him (or me, I will send the key over steam).
Otherwise we have to wait until the game is on sale.

surprised there's someone who plays bioshock and doesn't own 2, it's been pretty cheap for a while lol

Red Hood

Banned
I only ever see this on GAF lol.

Bioshock 2 is the worst Bioshock game. It's still good though.

In my opinion BioShock 2's only flaw is being too similar to the first one without adding something crucial, fresh and/or new, but other than that I think it's better on every aspect. Further refined gameplay and I felt the story was much more personal.

If anything, I'd say Infinite is the worst BioShock (but still a good game on its own). It only had a great art style as far as I'm concerned, everything else was several steps below both Rapture games, especially gameplay wise.

Didn't even know there was a physics problem at 60 fps or higehr but I never played it on pc... will keep this in mind for the inevitable replay later.

I vastly prefer the 30fps cap on the console version, the fluctuating framerate and physics perfectly mirrored the instability in Rapture and the players mind as they treversed the engaging cinematic city. The p c version looks like a starile robotic version and does not look natural at all it wasn't how Mr. Levine imagined this fantastic game.

I downloaded it a few nights ago and it works great lol :)

Sky Saw

Banned
In my opinion BioShock 2's only flaw is being too similar to the first one without adding something crucial, fresh and/or new, but other than that I think it's better on every aspect. Further refined gameplay and I felt the story was much more personal.

If anything, I'd say Infinite is the worst BioShock (but still a good game on its own). It only had a great art style as far as I'm concerned, everything else was several steps below both Rapture games, especially gameplay wise.

They made the worst part of Bioshock 1 (becoming a big daddy) into a full game. Lamb was nowhere near the antagonist Ryan was, the Big Sisters were lame, making the little sisters all cutesy wtf 2k, and the endings were even worse than the originals and like you said it never really introduced anything new except a few new enemies which aren't all that memorable. I still enjoyed it though as I LOVE rapture but as a game I really can't understand how people prefer it over the first one.

Minerva's Den on the other hand is awesome.

TheMoon

Nope I loved the game just like everyone did at first, I didn't hop on the hate train just after :p

I was on that train right away since the game pulled me off of the love train when I started playing :(

Didn't even know there was a physics problem at 60 fps or higehr but I never played it on pc... will keep this in mind for the inevitable replay later.

They gotta announce that newgen remaster sooner or later lol ... maybe the physics cap is the holdup :p

"oh no, actual work!" :D

Tried a bit of this - really changes the game, takes away a good amount of the jank you associate with bioshock.

It's funny, I would have never been able to say "the physics run at a low framerate and that feels off" but as soon as I read it was a problem I knew exactly what it meant. Very cool, much needed mod.

Nzyme32

Perfect timing. I'll be replaying system shock 2 and this and then finally getting round to Bioshock 2 and Infinite

Top Bottom