• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nintendo Switch vs. PC Comparison Confirms Improved Visuals

Thanks to a new comparison, now we can speculate that it is indeed based on the Special Edition version of the game. This comparison is being done between the Nintendo Switch, PC Special and PC Vanilla version of the game. You can check it out below. (OG = Top – SP = Mid – Switch = Bottom)

skyrim-switch-vs-pc-2.jpg

First we have the Special Edition on PC, which confirms that the vegetation was improved on the new remaster. The trailer showcased by Bethesda for Switch version also similarly shows the improved vegetation and visual effects, but they appear to be toned down a bit, especially visible in the vegetation density. The environment is pretty barebone in the original edition of Skyrim so there is no doubt that the Switch version is indeed the Special Edition.

http://gearnuke.com/elder-scrolls-v...h-vs-pc-comparison-confirms-improved-visuals/

It looked like the special edition in the switch reveal trailer so I'm not sure where the confusion started. The FIFA game based on PS3/360 is unacceptable though.

That's good to see. Really hoping the system is powerful enough for bigger games... I don't see the Switch gaining momentum in America if they can't get Fallout 4 and such working on it

Emu-Fred

Banned
Nice.

Still shock its not a launch title though. I get not interfering with Zelda sales but September seems pretty far.

Caelus

The conference reveal of it was fucking baffling. Did they think people would be impressed by the name "Skyrim" alone? They should've have 'Special Edition' up there in big, clear letters.

Not necessarily sure about it needing to be a launch title though, Zelda sales might eat into it.

LordKano

What ? People thought it was the PS360 version ?

Seriously ? You should look at videos for the PS360 version (and see your eyes scream).

I'd bet money on the "Switch footage" being the PC Version.

Like that infamous WiiU 3rd party reel that many claimed looked worse than their 360 versions, when they were all 360 footage.

This isn't a good comparison at all. The switch video is a blurry screen grab.

Its a decent comparison because before this thread was open evry post I read in gaf about the gane was saying that it was the original game.

Now you can see the lighting and amount of vegetation is the same as in the special edition. Doesnt matter if its blurry or not.

VariantX

Because it's a 3rd party game on a Nintendo system and they have a history of being vastly inferior to to Xbox and Playstation versions.

Yeah, true. The specs this time around clearly put it a decent distance above those platforms, but those old demons still linger on. I'd love to see comparisons to docked vs undocked mode for games soon.

Neoxon

What ? People thought it was the PS360 version ?

Seriously ? You should look at videos for the PS360 version (and see your eyes scream).
Again, the lack of it saying "Special Edition" & FIFA giving the Switch the PS3/360 version caused some concern early on.

LordKano

Again, the lack of it saying "Special Edition" & FIFA giving the Switch the PS3/360 version caused some concern early on.

Pretty sure the EA guy denied that on his twitter. I think Fifa Frostbite could run easily on the Switch (but I don't really know if Fifa is a demanding game at all).

SRTtoZ

Is there anything that tells us that the footage shown is actually running on a Switch? Because I have a hard time believeing they wouldn't call it remastered if it actually was remastered.

Neoxon

Pretty sure the EA guy denied that on his twitter. I think Fifa Frostbite could run easily on the Switch (but I don't really know if Fifa is a demanding game at all).
It's more of an issue of if EA is even gonna bother getting Frostbite to run on the Switch.

Effect

So it didn't get Fifa'd, that's nice to know

That's really what tossed Skyrim into uncertainty. Before that it was being assumed it was the Special Edition version because that made the most sense given what Bethseda pushing. EA bullshit, which is believable because of their past, hurt that. A portable version of the special edition of Skyrim is good straight up. I want that. I imagine a lot of people would as well.

I'd bet money on the "Switch footage" being the PC Version.

Like that infamous WiiU 3rd party reel that many claimed looked worse than their 360 versions, when they were all 360 footage.

If you see the two images the switch version looks worse than the PC one, with a toll taken in the amount of vegetation and drawn distance.
Its clearly the switch version.
When you lie you dont half lie, you lie completely.

EDarkness

Is there anything that tells us that the footage shown is actually running on a Switch? Because I have a hard time believeing they wouldn't call it remastered if it actually was remastered.

Well, naming shouldn't give you pause, because companies add sill titles or take them away for offbeat versions of their games. Like the Wii getting Modern Warfare Reflex Edition and the like. So since it's the first Skyrim on Nintendo systems, maybe they just decided to call it Skyrim. I guess we'll see in a couple of months.

Rodin

Here's also a pic from the 360 version, which is totally on par with Switch tech wise and in fact the Switch version is based on that (or so gaf insisted in the other thread)

Zedark

Nice, hadn't played Skyrim in a year or two, so couldn't say for sure whether it was the Special Edition (and wasn't willing to do the research myself). Good thing they get it, perhaps some people can tone down the whining about Switch not being able to run any 8th gen game in any capacity (although this is just a remaster, still says nothing definitive about true 8th gen exclusive titles), as that has become rather stale by now.

Emu-Fred

Banned
First its the Switch version possibly not being SE.

Then someone provide proof of its improvement, and now its possibly not Switch footage?

What the heck man.

Top Bottom