• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Announcement: 75144 UCS Snowspeeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

RP0R4OK.jpg

75144 Snowspeeder™
Ages 14+. 1,703 pieces.
US $199.99 – CA $229.99 – DE 199.99€ – UK £169.99 – DK 1799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build the ultimate LEGO® Snowspeeder!

Collect a true Star Wars classic: the T-47 Snowspeeder. This LEGO® interpretation of the iconic airspeeder that fans will remember from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back has all the details you'd expect, including opening airbrakes, rotating rear gun, and an opening cockpit with space for the included Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot and Rebel Snowspeeder Gunner minifigures. This model also comes with a display stand and fact plaque, so it can take pride of place in any LEGO Star Wars collection.

• Includes 2 minifigures: a Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot and a Rebel Snowspeeder Gunner.
• Features intricate, authentic detailing, opening airbrakes, rotating rear gun and an opening cockpit with space for the 2 included minifigures.
• Attach the Snowspeeder to the stand with fact plaque to display it.
• Includes 2 blaster pistols.
• Accessory elements include electrobinoculars, a Snowspeeder Pilot helmet and a Snowspeeder Gunner helmet.
• Snowspeeder on display stand measures over 8" (21cm) high, 15" (39cm) long and 11" (29cm) wide, and over 4" (11cm) high without stand.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® on April 29 for LEGO VIP early access and on May 4 for the general public for the annual May the 4th promotion, via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone.

Designer Video

(For more LEGO discussion, visit LEGO-GAF in the OT Community forum. Our current thread is here.)

Birbo

That's amazing
ly expensive
! Snowspeeder is my favorite ship and this looks great, but oh dang that's a lotta money.

DJ_Lae

It's neat, but it's not one of those Lego sets that immediately makes my pants tight (like the Disney castle or the Tumbler).

It also seems particularly expensive.

Woorloog

Banned
glad there is a UCS snowspeeder finally, but something about the cockpit seems off somehow

I think it is slightly large, maybe a tad too high, for the overall scale.

Overall, the vehicle looks nice. But i think this won't be the one UCS thing i'll get. I'll keep waiting for a new Star Destroyer of some type.

Hissing Sid

Ugh, do I spy great big stickers for the engine intakes?

Why is it white? Would look better in its proper light grey.

The blasters seem really thin but I'd have to watch the film to double check.

Apart from these minor quibbles I quite like the overall look of the thing and will probably buy it even though the Snowspeeder isn't one of my favourite vehicles.

I'm a sucker for Lego Star Wars UCS.

Edit :

In fact looking a bit closer there seems to be lots of stickers. Stickers! Stickers everywhere!

I mean, I know the sticker battle has pretty much been lost with Lego but fucking hell, for a hundred and seventy quid show some restraint!

I'll still pick it up but it's definitely going to be when it discounts.

I know its stickers galore and it may not be correctly proportionate, but gosh dang it the snowspeeder is one of my absolute favorite ships in the Star Wars Universe. The first being the Imperial Shuttle but my UCS got sold by folks without my permission while I was gone for two years. No chance of getting that one at a decent price ever again.

But I'm for sure getting this one!

Ryuuroden

I know its stickers galore and it may not be correctly proportionate, but gosh dang it the snowspeeder is one of my absolute favorite ships in the Star Wars Universe. The first being the Imperial Shuttle but my UCS got sold by folks without my permission while I was gone for two years. No chance of getting that one at a decent price ever again.

But I'm for sure getting this one!

Oh JESUS, I hope your parents sold it for a decent price. That is one of the most costly aftermarket UCS sets.....

Oh JESUS, I hope your parents sold it for a decent price. That is one of the most costly aftermarket UCS sets.....
I'd....rather not say just how much they sold it for....its not worth the pain.

Looking back on it now, my Bionicles, Star Wars, and the two UCS sets (Imperial Shuttle and B-Wing) were awesome. Yet my folks sold them all. Oh well, it's been a blast trying to find them at good prices haha!

But this snowspeeder WILL be mine.

I honestly can't see how they fit 1700 pieces into something that's only 39cm long. I guess they don't use any big pieces at all? Benny's Spaceship is 51cm long with roughly half the piece count.

golem

Eh.. not feeling it.

Also cant see it selling super well. If it goes on fire sale like the B-wing then its a maybe

Kyrios

I still have the new Y-wing set and the U-wing set to build...but I want this...

Can't believe I have a Lego backlog too lol

Giolon

Oh my god. This is the set I've been waiting for. I have the B-Wing and the redo of the X-Wing, and I've been waiting for them to redo the Snowspeeder.

Those are my ships. All others pale in comparison (ok the Mon Cal Cruisers are pretty cool too).

The problem? I have no room for a 3rd gigantic Lego model :(

Moshio

Neo Member
Does anyone know how the Early Access works? Does this go on the Lego site on the 29th, or is it only in store for VIP members?

ghostmind

Does anyone know how the Early Access works? Does this go on the Lego site on the 29th, or is it only in store for VIP members?

It should be available for VIPs on the Shop @ Home site now, but as usual LEGO is taking their sweet time updating the site.

Moshio

Neo Member
It should be available for VIPs on the Shop @ Home site now, but as usual LEGO is taking their sweet time updating the site.

So as long as your signed up for the VIP program and are signed in, the page should go live sometime today right?

ghostmind

It turns out that the advance VIP availability is only for UK/Europe.

The UCS Snowspeeder will be available in North America on May 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom