• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do you think Dead Rising 4 is coming to PS4?

AAMARMO

Banned
Sadly I think it's off the books now. After the reputation it got I don't see why they should spend more money to publish it. If it was going to happen probably be in November or December.

Pretty sure a PS4 version is coming but the game is really bad.

The Dead Rising formula feels so dated now, been there done that kinda feel. They need to make it less janky and try to bring new fun ideas the the genre.

Rymuth

It was a critical and sale bomb. Any PS4 version will likely be not worth the resources to port it over. Better let the franchise recover rather than continue poisoning the well.

yyr

Wasn't RotTR for PS4 announced shortly before it came out? Like, less than 3 months?

If they're releasing this year I'd expect an announcement to come soon.

Yeah, I heard it wasn't very good, but they'd be silly not to release it on PS4 once the exclusivity window closes. The costs of doing so can't possibly outweigh the benefits. I mean, it WILL sell at least a few hundred thousand copies, and probably more, over time, right?

Justinh

It would make sense to release another version around Christmas time, considering the theme. I guess they're just waiting to announce it closer to it coming out.

Ridley327

It does seem like Capcom is just taking one big write-off on the game, as we should have heard something about it by now if it was still happening.

salromano

December 12, I guess? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419208&page=6#267

VARiYi1.jpg

itsFizz

I can actually see them canning the PS4 version due to the really bad WoM, the meh reviews and the overall sales. Also DR as a franchise needs some rest and a reboot if they want the IP to ever be anything but a sales disappointment.

Top Bottom