• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 PUBLIC free preview: IMAX screen, Seattle Pacific Science Center, August 21

I'm assuming the lack of updates and leakz is because people are awestruck to the point of soiling themselves, passing out, or just generally being completely incoherent.

I seriously wouldn't expect anything until the show wraps, (in about a half hour), at the very earliest. They gotta get back home, after all. Not that I'm encouraging them to take their sweet time, mind you.

GET ON IT, PEOPLE!

Striker

Buttonbasher said:
It's a Gametrailers video of someone driving the elephant and holding the Grav Hammer. Got leaked from Epsilon I guess. It's floating around the net.
God damnit, where is this!

HaloFans said:
I would imagine the demonstration is at least one hour. Give them 29 more minutes.

Actually, I was hoping someone would have a wifi-enabled laptop, feeding us on-the-fly intel like some kind of embedded wartime journalist. I'm really a "glass-is-half-full" type.

Striker

th_ohnoz8lant1.gif

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
NJ x Falkor said:
Hey, I just got home and popped in. What are we waiting for?
Someone from the event to tell us what happened.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ghaleon hurry up with the videos! Cuz you DID take a camera right... right?

Hey everyone. I know I am not a regular poster here. I am starting to. I am new. But I just got back from the IMAX showing in Seattle.

HOLY CRAP! Any hater, doubters, or just people who think its not going to live up to the hype need to bow down. It looks SPECTACULAR. So epic. Everything looks great. It was an awesome experience being there for something that nobody besides the press has seen. Having Frankie and Luke up there was awesome. listening to them joke around. I spoke with each of them briefly. But I will post a more detailed impression, or you can just ask questions. I'll be happy to answer.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
godhandiscen said:
Ghaleon hurry up with the videos! Cuz you DID take a camera right... right?
We'll hear from a lot of other folks before we do Ghal. He has to drive all the way back home.

This silence is eerie.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Memphis Reigns said:
Hey everyone. I know I am not a regular poster here. I am starting to. I am new. But I just got back from the IMAX showing in Seattle.

HOLY CRAP! Any hater, doubters, or just people who think its not going to live up to the hype need to bow down. It looks SPECTACULAR. So epic. Everything looks great. It was an awesome experience being there for something that nobody besides the press has seen. Having Frankie and Luke up there was awesome. listening to them joke around. I spoke with each of them briefly. But I will post a more detailed impression, or you can just ask questions. I'll be happy to answer.

My Hero!

Voltron64

Memphis Reigns said:

Well there's the first lucky guy. What map/levels did they show?

Voltron64 said:
Well there's the first lucky guy. What map did they show off?

they pulled up a list of the MP maps and they were all ones we know about. They didn't reveal any new ones. But they showed Highground for the Forge presentation, and Sandtrap for the Saved Films.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Memphis Reigns said:

any new information? surprises?

armubaba

Memphis Reigns said:
they pulled up a list of the MP maps and they were all ones we know about. They didn't reveal any new ones. But they showed Highground for the Forge presentation, and Sandtrap for the Saved Films.

Singleplayer impressions?

Yay I'm back! It was very cool to meet Luke and Stinkles! Saw Marty too but he was too far away to say hi. Got there about 7 pm and was about 150th in line. Yah it was about an hour long. They are having another show right now for the people that didn't get in the first show.

Halo 3 on IMAX was frickin incredible! They showed off 3 things primarily. Luke and Stinkles did a co-op part of a mission (bah I forget which one), then they showed off Forge (really neat), and then a saved game film that they had at E3 of Sandtrap (?), which floored me the most. Being able to direct the camera wherever you want it was amazing, made the entire skirmish seem like a cutscene. And the audio is freezeframe too. Stinkles took the camera underwater because he said Marty would have killed him if we didn't get to hear that sound effect lol.

The loading screen is awesome too. Really awesome.

One dude got a prize because he was in the lucky seat... a Legendary helmet signed by Bungie peeps. Lucky guy!

And it just all looks so SOLID. So pretty.

Oh, during the co-op mission they exited a mountain or a tunnel or something, and this GIANT ship comes out of nowhere and buzzes the mountain, and the crowd went nuts... it was totally impressive and amazing looking.

I'm assuming the campaign level shown was Tsavo Highway, right? Can you by any chance let us in on the "one or two surprises" they hinted at?

Also, Frankie said in one of these threads that we might get some videos, but not immediately. Any word at all on when that might happen?

JumpingYoshi said:
what new features were revieled?
what was shown?

Unfortunately nothing new was shown, but it is sooo much better when you see it in person. The screens and info don't do them justice. It needs to be seen in person.

The first thing they did was play through Tsavo Highway. WOW! On a huge IMAX it looked hands down one of the best overall graphical titles coming this Fall. Then they showed off Forge with Highground and Saved Films with Sandtrap. And the first glimpse of the loading screen was seen

armubaba said:
Singleplayer impressions?

It is such a beautiful game, screenshots do not do this game any justice at all. While screens look good, this game looks 100x better in motion. The lighting, framerate, explosions looked amazing. At one point a Covenant Cruiser flys overhead and it "WOWd" me more than GOW ever did. The whole level is played using the Warthog. They played it on an easy setting but the AI was still very well done. Brutes threw down shields and Grunts ran for their lives if you killed a Brute leader. The sky and backdrop/drawdistance is also very awe inspiring. I wish you guys could've seen it. I am sure a vid will be available soon. Oh yah, and they showed off the brute hammer! IT was SICK!

aaaaa0

Sean said:
what is the loading screen like?

The loading screen is a WORK OF ART. It's a halo ring materializing in a cloud of thousands and thousands of particles.

MOST IMPRESSIVE LOADING SCREEN EVER.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Memphis Reigns said:
It is such a beautiful game, screenshots do not do this game any justice at all. While screens look good, this game looks 100x better in motion. The lighting, framerate, explosions looked amazing. At one point a Covenant Cruiser flys overhead and it "WOWd" me more than GOW ever did. The whole level is played using the Warthog. They played it on an easy setting but the AI was still very well done. Brutes threw down shields and Grunts ran for their lives if you killed a Brute leader. The sky and backdrop/drawdistance is also very awe inspiring. I wish you guys could've seen it. I am sure a vid will be available soon. Oh yah, and they showed off the brute hammer! IT was SICK!
They played co-op on easy? wtf?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Memphis Reigns said:
That was a huge screen. Did you notice any jaggies?

Top Bottom