• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Games of the Year 2011 - Voting Thread - Voting's Over, Folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1: Dark Souls
2: Skyrim
2: Batman AC
4: Zelda Skyward Sword
5: Rayman Origins
6: Mortal Kombat
7: Portal 2
8: Crysis 2
9: Shadows of the Damned
10: Ms. Splosion Man

Honorable Mentions:

x Outland
x The Binding of Isaac
x Terraria
x L.A. Noire

Acheteedo

So judging from a lot of lists already put in, Minecraft is getting a second run at GOTY this year?

I've voted for it, but what is the stance on including it? It officially came out late this year, but it was playable last year, I note that it's not in the list in the OP.

1. Xenoblade
2. Skyward Sword
3. Shadows of the Damned
4. Skyrim
5. Batman: Arkham City
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Uncharted 3
8. Bastion
9. RAGE
10. L.A. Noire

* Killzone 3
* Catherine

2010: Vanquish

i have said it in the past, but conducting voting right as the new year rolls over is highly questionable. it's safe to say that the vast majority of us don't review games for a living or have the benefit of free early review copies. what is the logical reason then for adhering to the same rigid window as the professional gaming media? gaf is unburdened by the financial incentives that drive those media outlets to go to print with their lists as early as humanly possible.

it doesn't help that new releases always peak in these final months. consider also that those games that aren't fortunate enough to have bloated marketing budgets are less likely to receive as many front-loaded, hype-fueled sales. now factor in the abundance of steep holiday and post-holiday discounts and it should become painfully obvious that things are being rushed. hell, the steam winter sale has yet to even start and will be ending on or around the same day as the current voting deadline.

9. Terraria; This is the 1st indie game to ever make one of my top 10 GOTY list. I normally don't pay much attention to them as they're usually throwaway games or games that have no gameplay and only exist so artwhores can beat off for the 1 hour the "game" lasts. But that is not Terraria. This game is limited only by your imagination and it's easy to spend 50-100 hours or more just building whatever you want and going through the gear and loot progression. Patch 1.1 made it even more of a "game" and only added even more depth and length to the game. They did this magical game with only 2 people too.
how modest. in case there were one or two people out there that hadn't dismissed you yet this little gem should do the trick.

nib95

Banned
1. The Witcher 2
2. Uncharted 3
3. Skyrim
4. Arkham City
5. Killzone 3
6. Little Big Planet 2
7. Crysis 2
8. Gears of War 3
9. Battlefield 3
10. Deus Ex HR

Macstorm

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
3. Super Mario 3D Land
4. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
5. Portal 2
6. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
7. Corpse Party
8. Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles
9. Two Worlds II
10. Dragon Age II

x. Catherine
x. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation

2010. Kirby's Epic Yarn; May be a simple “baby game” to some, but I found it to be one of the most inspiring platformers in some time.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim;
I'm about 35 hours in and have yet to advance the main quest. Only game this year that I would think about playing when I wasn't playing. In my opinion, a game of this scope and ambition deserves the title despite the technical problems (currently playing on PS3).

2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution;
This is the game that came out of left field for me this year. Never played the original and paid no attention to this game pre-release but the GAF thread convinced me. Thanks, GAF.

3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception;
Does what Uncharted does best, but ultimately a little dissapointing after Uncharted 2. Gunplay can be a chore.

4. Batman: Akrham City;
Again, a dissapointing sequel to one of the best games of '09. I like this game better when it does Metroid instead of GTA.

5. Portal 2;
Not a huge fan of puzzle based games but I can respect what this game is. I think it's time to release a new Half-Life game.

6. Dead Space 2;
Sucker for Dead Space games.

7. Gears of War 3;
A nice send-off for a series that is getting a little stale.

8. LA Noire;
Some great ideas and some awful execution.

9. Bulletstorm;
Surprisinlgy not terrible.

10. Killzone 3;
I keep thinking this series is better than it actually is. Don't think I will buy another Killzone game.

E-phonk

Banned
1. Dark Souls. I love this game. A lot.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Tons of charm. Only thing I don't like is the constant handholding. "Da da da daaaaaaaaa! You found a red rupee! It's worth 20 rupees"
3. Catherine Quirky little puzzle/adventure. Story, humor and setting clicked really well with me.
4. Portal 2 Charming, funny, clever. Both single and multiplayer.
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D A true classic, and this is it's best version yet.
6. Plants vs. Zombies Finished it 2 times now. Excellent game mechanics. A bit too easy maybe, but it still felt challenging.
7. Pokemon Black/White Last DS game I played. Goodbye little gaming system, you were amazing.
8. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Skipped the normal version, but couldn't resist the ultimate one. Great coop game.
9. Tiny Tower This small but addictive game got me so obsessed I had to delete it. First game in quite some time that made me make paper notes.
10.Battlefield 3 One of the few shooters I played this year. Couldn't care about single player but the multiplayer is fun. Too bad local coöp always gets overlooked.

There are some other games that would probably score higher, but I haven't played them yet. SoTC HD, Mario land 3D etc are games that should be in my list but it would be unfair/unlogical as I haven't played them yet.

reggie

Banned
01. Saints Row: The Third
02. Battlefield 3
03. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
04. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
05. Gears of War 3
06. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
07. Portal 2
08. DiRT 3
09. Forza Motorsport 4
10. Crysis 2

Spacebar

1. Mortal Kombat
2. Assassins Creed Revelations
3. Uncharted 3
4. The Witcher 2
5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
6. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
7. Dark Souls
8. NBA 2k12
9. King of Fighters 13
10. Resistance 3

Tain

how modest. in case there were one or two people out there that hadn't dismissed you yet this little gem should do the trick.

I think it's pretty disagreeable, too, but only because it's praising Terraria, not because it's making a negative generalization about "indie" games.

Edeuinu

After making a list of games I've played this year, I realized it's only been 10 exactly, so I guess this works out.

1. Skyrim
2. Uncharted 3
3. Portal 2
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. Gears of War 3
6. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
7. Mortal Kombat
8. Killzone 3
9. LittleBigPlanet 2
10. Child of Eden

DaBuddaDa

i have said it in the past, but conducting voting right as the new year rolls over is highly questionable. it's safe to say that the vast majority of us don't review games for a living or have the benefit of free early review copies. what is the logical reason then for adhering to the same rigid window as the professional gaming media? gaf is unburdened by the financial incentives that drive those media outlets to go to print with their lists as early as humanly possible.

The line has to be drawn somewhere and one week into the new year is a solid place. You could argue it should be one month into 2012. Some would bitch and want it to be two months out. Or six months. Hell, why not a whole year! Didn't have enough time to play all of 2011 games a year out? Sorry, lets make it two years!

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
You're really overestimating one game in that list, and totally underestimating another.

It's a clear two horse race now, and in fact one of the horses is starting to pull away. It's not the game everyone expects, either. If it stays like this, I think a lot of people will be surprised. Interestingly, the game that is pulling away has a fairly low points per vote average compared to the other GOTY contenders, but it's winning because it has appeared on about 25% more lists than the game in second place.

ok now I think portal 2 is in first place and Skyrim in second place Dark Souls and Skyward Sword are fighting for 3rd place

Cheech

ok now I think portal 2 is in first place and Skyrim in second place Dark Souls and Skyward Sword are fighting for 3rd place

Zelda is in the back half of the top 10 from what I can tell.

It's not about how many people have it as #1, but as we can see from Portal 2, it's about how many people have it appear on their list.

chifanpoe

1a. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
1b. Xenoblade
1c. Dark Souls
2. Portal 2
3. Batman
4. Skyrim
5. Uncharted 3
6. Gears of War 3
7. Once Upon a Monster (My daughters game of the years x 2)

1. Ms. Splosion Man
2. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation

sadly, I didn't play Zelda or the new 3DS games yet, or else I'm sure they would make it on my list. I also have mostly been playing games released before this year which is why I was only able to put two games in my top ten

Bigfoot

1a. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
1b. Xenoblade
1c. Dark Souls
2. Portal 2
3. Batman
4. Skyrim
5. Uncharted 3

Why do people do this kind of voting? If you read the OP, you would know your #1 votes are invalid now...

Just list them by numbers and add comments to the first 3 saying any of them could be #1 for you. Might want to fix it...

Also, just noticed that Payday: The Heist is not in the games list in post #2. Myself and a couple of others have this in our lists.

1. Deus Ex Human Revolution-I'd say Skyrim, but, DX:HR was too much of a pleasant suprise. Nobody expected a good DX game after all these years, and now we have one.
2. Skyrim-The best TES game since Morrowind. Absolutely trounces over Oblivion.
3. Dark Souls-Dying is fun
4. Space Marine-A good TPS set in the WH40k universe. Whats not to love?
5. Portal 2-Valve hit my funny bone.
6. Arkham City- an even better sequel to the already good Arkham Asylum.
7. Battlefield 3-it's battlefield, it's always good
8. Modern Warfare 3-the best in the series and the only one worth buying.
9. Xenoblade-one of the best JRPGs i've ever played
10. Dead Island-I actually liked this game's free roam and all that jazz

Levyne

Banned
1.) Xenoblade
2.) Skyward Sword
3.) Assassin's Creed Revelations
4.) Mass Effect 2
5.) Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection
6.) Infamous 2
7.) Arkham City
8.) Pokemon B/W
9.) Tactics Ogre : Let Us Cling Together
10.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2010: Birth By Sleep

I, too, would like to voice my disapproval of the schedule. Why end it so early after the year has ended? Why even place the voting contest as the year is ending?

OP, you do realize that not everyone has a chance to play all the games that have come out this year, right?

It would be better if we held this contest in June of next year to allow everyone ample time to play all the games that have come out this year and allow each on to simmer so as to not hold a contest when a couple of games have a lot of hype around them.

Every year this contest is held, people voice their opinion that it's unwise to hold the contest at this time, yet every year, we do the same thing.

Insty

1. Skyrim - have the Xbox version so had no issues. Easily the best game this year.
2. Batman AC
3. Uncharted 3
4. Gears of War 3
5. Rayman Origins
6. Des Ex HR
7. Bastion
8. Saints Row the Third
9. Mortal Kombat
10. Rage

1. Portal 2 ;
2. Rayman Origins ;
3. Bastion ;
4. Dead Space 2 ;
5. Forza Motorsport 4 ;
6. Outland ;
7. Batman: Arkham City ;
8. Gears of War 3 ;
9. Uncharted 3 ;
10. Child of Eden ;

pulga

Banned
1. The Legend oz Zelda: Skyward Sword; sublime, validates the Wii's whole existence.
2. Batman Arkham City; have never felt as such a badass as during this game, the perfect super hero game (bar the craptastic ending)
3. Uncharted 3 ; fantastic game, but you WILL know there was a stirrup in the devteam.
4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; perfect game to culminate my ASOIAF obsession year.
5. Portal 2: the perfect puzzle game.
6. Super Mario 3D Land ; this is why you bought a 3DS.
7. Gears of War 3 ; more of the same, which is nice but not enough to raise this higher.
8. Mario Kart 7 ; And this is why you'll keep turning your 3DS on.
9. Deus Ex: Human Revolution; a return to form.
10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS: if this would've been my first time playing it, definitely a #2 spot.

x. Pushmo; :3 :3 :3
x. Ghost Trick ; amazing little game.

2010. Donkey Kong Country Returns ; Holy fucking shit, why didn't I play more of this game in 2010? The levels are brilliant and the difficulty becomes BRUTAL. LOVE THIS.

If I have the time I'd love to make a "For your consideration..." thread with some photo shopped appeals for votes.

Not nearly enough Alice: Madness Returns.

tc farks

I agree with those comments, because I'm quite aware of just how many games I have to catch up on. I might be able to get Zelda beaten by the deadline, but I doubt it.

1. Dark Souls
Didn't play Demon's, so when this game hit me it hit me hard. I don't think I've played a game that has smacked me into gamer shape so quickly. This has definitely become one of my favorite games of all time.
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Loved the stealth, hated the hacking. One matters much more than the other.
3. LA Noire
Acheeteedo explained this well. For all it's faults it was refreshingly enjoyable and I enjoyed the character arc of Cole Phelps greatly. The good far outweighed the bad to me.

2010: Red Dead Redemption

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim;
I'm about 35 hours in and have yet to advance the main quest. Only game this year that I would think about playing when I wasn't playing. In my opinion, a game of this scope and ambition deserves the title despite the technical problems (currently playing on PS3).

2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution;
This is the game that came out of left field for me this year. Never played the original and paid no attention to this game pre-release but the GAF thread convinced me. Thanks, GAF.

3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception;
Does what Uncharted does best, but ultimately a little dissapointing after Uncharted 2. Gunplay can be a chore.

4. Batman: Akrham City;
Again, a dissapointing sequel to one of the best games of '09. I like this game better when it does Metroid instead of GTA.

5. Portal 2;
Not a huge fan of puzzle based games but I can respect what this game is. I think it's time to release a new Half-Life game.

6. Dead Space 2;
Sucker for Dead Space games.

7. Gears of War 3;
A nice send-off for a series that is getting a little stale.

8. LA Noire;
Some great ideas and some awful execution.

9. Bulletstorm;
Surprisinlgy not terrible.

10. Killzone 3;
I keep thinking this series is better than it actually is. Don't think I will buy another Killzone game.

The descriptions in this list read like a response for 'Worst Games of 2011'.

From the sounds of it, looks like pretty much every Gaffer who has played Portal 2 has it on their top five of the year.

But yeah, I agree this list came WAY too early. I haven't had a chance to play Skyrim, MW3, Driver San Francisco, Resistance 3...

My blast from the past is Ico and SOTC Collection btw. Haven't played either before but I particularly enjoyed SOTC, although I couldn't be bothered to defeat the final boss.

Cptkrush

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC); This is the game I've been waiting for, it's sucked me in for at least 60 hours so far, and I haven't even scratched the surface.

2. Forza Motorsport 4; I wanted this game to be better than any other racing game i had ever played, so much so that I bought a 300 dollar racing wheel. I'm really happy I guessed right, it met my expectations and then some.

3. Saints Row: The Third (PC); Saints Row 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and this one did everything better. Can't wait to play the co-op after the STEAM sale.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword; Haven't played all the way through it, but one day I will, because this is the best Zelda game I have played since OoT.

5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Never played the first Deus Ex, but this game is fantastic, I hope to get around to finishing it one day.

6. Mortal Kombat; I grew up on Mortal Kombat on SNES, ever since Deadly Alliance I have avoided the series like a plague. This game, however, is not only a fantastic MK game, but probably a tournament quality fighter that will be played for years to come.

7. Batman: Arkham City; Would have been higher, if not for the fact that the side quests were pretty terrible and the main story was incredibly short.

8. DiRT 3; Really disappointed with this one, the racing was really solid and a lot of fun but the required dudebro shit was terrible and annoying.

9. Battlefield 3 (PC); No campaign as far as I'm concerned. Not a huge issue considering the multiplayer is some of the best I've seen for a very long time. However, I love single player, so it would have been nice for them to at least try.

10. L.A. Noire; Got really boring after the second disc, but everything up to that point was some of the most unique and interesting gameplay I have ever experienced in my life.

ITT: I learn I'm not very good at describing why I think games are good.

Majora

Zelda is in the back half of the top 10 from what I can tell.

It's not about how many people have it as #1, but as we can see from Portal 2, it's about how many people have it appear on their list.

Zelda, Deus Ex, Dark Souls, Uncharted and Batman could all end up either 3rd or 7th at the moment. Barely anything between them all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
1. Xenoblade Chronicles ; Just a superbly designed RPG. The best of the generation by far.
2. Legend of Zelda-Skyward Sword ; A refreshing entry in the franchise, superb motion controls and a world full of character.
3. Super Mario 3D Land ; Incredibly well designed portable platforming with stunning use of 3D.

bitoriginal

From the sounds of it, looks like pretty much every Gaffer who has played Portal 2 has it on their top five of the year.

Dude, stop defending Portal 2 so vehemently. Different strokes and all that. Clearly everyone has their own preferences so I think it's a low blow to start criticising other peoples lists. If everyone did that then this thread would be a disaster.

The line has to be drawn somewhere and one week into the new year is a solid place. You could argue it should be one month into 2012. Some would bitch and want it to be two months out. Or six months. Hell, why not a whole year! Didn't have enough time to play all of 2011 games a year out? Sorry, lets make it two years!
nice strawman. i am simply asking for a more reasonable amount of time to allow myself and others to work through the bombardment of absurdly priced quality games that this time of year brings. we obviously don't need to draw the voting period out by an order of magnitude, but the current schedule is simply too hasty. something as conservative and easily understood as say a jan 31st cutoff would be a massive improvement.

Ouch, salty. Limbo fan I presume? ;)
have yet to touch it as a matter of fact. just a fan of quality games that push the envelope, free of the smothering hands of focus testing and market research.

but keep on damning an immeasurably broad, hypercreative swath of the industry while simultaneously propping up a bunch of tired shooting galleries.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
1. Skyrim; Will easily go down as my favorite game of this gen. I've played Elder Scrolls games obsessively from the start, and this one ranks above them all, for me, after 100+ hours.

2. Super Mario 3D Land; Fantasically fun game that I just can't stop playing. Was constantly finding myself jaw-dropped due to the graphical tricks being employed during nearly every stage.

3. Portal 2; Its hilarity is only eclipsed by its inventiveness. A wonderful game from start to finish.

4. Dead Island; Not the perfect game by any means, but certainly the best zombie game I've played. Loved the semi-open world, the weapon upgrades and just the overall feel of being trapped in a zombie movie.

5. Dead Space 2; I loved the first one, and the sequel just ramped things up massively. Some seriously shocking moments, and graphics/sound to die for.

6. Mass Effect 2; The ending was one of the best I've seen in a game, but leading up to that I got kinda bored with mining planets and such. A flawed game, but one that had me salivating for the next in the series.

7. Star Wars The Old Republic; I've been playing since the last phase of beta and just can't get enough. I can tell it's going to infringe on my gaming in 2012 in a big way. I'm a Star Wars nut so this to me is the ultimate game.

8. Shadows of the Damned; Hilarious and action-packed, this game deserves a spot in any Top 10 for 2011. The writing alone deserves tons of awards.

9. Mario Kart 7; Amazing blend of old and new, with spot-on graphics and addictive play. What's not to love?!

10. RAGE; Even though I haven't finished it yet due to other games, this deserves a place in my list. Fantastic graphics and enemy AI. Really enjoy the storyline as well.

Derrick01

Banned
have yet to touch it as a matter of fact. just a fan of quality games that push the envelope, free of the smothering hands of focus testing and market research.

but keep on damning an immeasurably broad, hypercreative swath of the industry while simultaneously propping up a bunch of tired shooting galleries.

I'll have you know indie is my biggest category on Steam
due to humble bundles

But yeah keep fighting the man I guess. I'm sure it'll pay off someday.

orion434

1. Dark Souls
2. Catherine
3. Mortal Kombat
4. Record of Agarest War: Zero
5. Otomedius: Excellent
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Gears of War 3
8. Dead Island
9. Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
10. Two Worlds II

chunk3rvd

1. Dark Souls
2. Uncharted 3

2010. Demon's Souls

Only other games I managed to play this year were my backlog from last year - Red Dead Redemption, Assassins Creed Brotherhood and God of War 3 - and a couple of 3DS games that I wouldn't put near this list. Tackling Demon's and Dark Souls in the same year left me with very little playtime for anything else!

frequency

Dude, stop defending Portal 2 so vehemently. Different strokes and all that. Clearly everyone has their own preferences so I think it's a low blow to start criticising other peoples lists. If everyone did that then this thread would be a disaster.

I played Portal 2, and I don't think it's even in my top 20. And yes... I've played 20 games this year. I have no life. (For reference, Portal 1 would have been in my top 10 for that year.)
Then again, I might just have weird taste in games. I think 3 of my top 10 this year isn't on anyone else's list, and one of them seems to have been deemed unworthy to add to the master list of 2011 releases.

Kasra_2x4

1-Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
2-Infamous 2
3-Resistance 3
4-Dead Space 2
5-MotorStorm: Apocalypse
6-Alice: Madness Returns
7-Deus Ex: Human Revolution
8-Batman: Arkham City
9-Battlefield 3
10-Mortal Kombat 9

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ; First of all, it's Zelda, there is no way it wasn't getting my number one vote. Secondly, it made it obvious how great motion controls can be. I can't wait for more like this.
2. Ghost Trick ; One of the best games on DS. Don't know what else to say other than everyone should own this game.
3. Portal 2 ; Took everything about the original Portal and made it even better.
4. Pushmo ; If I didn't have a 3DS already and I played this, I am pretty sure I'd be going out that same day to buy one. Best puzzle game I've played in a while.
5. Pilotwings Resort ; I know a lot of people didn't give this game much of a chance, but I think it's wonderful. The feeling of flight is amazing. Really a perfect launch title for a new piece of hardware.
6. Super Mario 3D Land ; Showed the strength of 3D in games.
7. Mario Kart 7 ; Best online mode in a Nintendo game yet.
8. Kirby Mass Attack ; A fun spin on Kirby. Better than Canvas Curse, IMO.
9. Minecraft ; Nothing really needs to be said that hasn't been said by everyone before. A great game for creative types.
10. Professor Layton and the Last Specter ; Not as strong as the other Prof. Layton games, but still great. London Life is excellent

2010. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future ; Hands down the best Professor Layton game, and storywise it is in my top 10 games of all time.

huh, I didn't think that I had actually played 10 games from this year.

I'm betting Assassin's Creed Revelations would be really high on my list, but I haven't had a chance to put more than a couple of hours into it, so it's not fair to say.

Solo

Year of the RPG. Only going with 4 selections this year, as they were head and shoulders above the rest that I played.

1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Game of the Year)
Deservedly lauded for its technical accolades (its quite simply the best looking game of all time - the unique environments, texture work and model work is unparalleled and it all comes together to form a game world absolutely soaked in atmosphere), but there is so much more than that to be found. The game features some of the richest, deepest writing and characters yet found in any video game, incredible quests, branching paths, and so many moments you will never forget. Truly the new bar in action roleplaying games.

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Bethesda finally perfected the Elder Scrolls experience with this one. Seemingly unending quests which take you to a variety of hand crafted dungeons bolstered by a great aesthetic. Combat and loot are better than ever, and the sheer variety of unique experiences one can have is mindboggling.

3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
A worthy successor to the 2000 masterpiece which successfully modernized almost every facet of the series. The story wasn't as engaging as the original, but the world design was just as good.

4. Rage
id Software shows once again why they are the masters of the FPS genre. The most exhilarating and visceral gunplay in many years backed by an incredibly designed world with stellar art design.

Not yet played: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Dark Souls

Althoran

1. Deus Ex Human Revolution;
I love the options this game gives me.

2. Dark Souls;
I loved Demons Souls and although this game is even harder I love it too. Still have to get back to this one

3. Saints Row The Third;
Soo much fun. I hated 1 and 2 but this one was great fun.

4. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings;
Sequel to The Witcher and it is good.

2010: Red Dead Redemption

I seem to have missed a lot of games this year. Will have to put them on my to do list for next year.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I haven't played much outside of mobile games this year but I don't think there's much of a point in mentioning those in the context of this thread, so:

edit: decided to add the mobile games.

1. Portal 2
2. Catherine
3. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
4. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
5. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
6. Infinity Blade 2
7. Jetpack Joyride
8. Where's my Water
9. Shadowgun
10. Tiny Tower

2010: Super Crate Box