• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

World of Subways 3 – London Underground Circle Line is now available for $24.99.

It is a game just for me. I still remember the first time I saw the London subway map and the heart gripping terror it inspired in me.

Harry-Beck-tube-map-008.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Chrome is for when I want to use the Enhanced Steam features that aren't present in Firefox (primarily the ability to hide owned games when searching, which is especially useful during sale periods).

For what it's worth, now that Firefox isn't being put through Mozilla's asinine code requirements, I should be able to port this feature over in the future.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you have a sick Nickelback skin, or maybe a skin of Cats playing with yarn... or a Saoirse skin? Tell me it's not a Saoirse skin.

Haha, I just use the default "modern" skin. Now that you've put a certain idea into my head, though... :p

For what it's worth, now that Firefox isn't being put through Mozilla's asinine code requirements, I should be able to port this feature over in the future.

Ah, fantastic!

Dr Dogg

Well with all the 3D talk and my recent acquisition of Halo: Spartan Assault I though this should be a match made in heaven. Sadly not as it's got one of the weirdest rendering processes I've seen. One one plane is your Spartan and on the other is all the effects so when they resolve under 3D not only do they cross each other negatively but you don't have a clue what you're aiming at any more. Stages render in 3D and look great shame you can't play the game with any success (or not get a headache after 5 secconds).

winamp lol

Its still got some great plugins. Could be worse, it could be iTunes *shudder*. I'd have picked up on VLC more over since that has gone downhill since they hit official 1.0.0 release. MPC HC or nothing!

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the link. Shadowrun is pretty darn fun so far, enjoying the writing quite a bit. It went super fast too haha.

Picked it up myself, ended up working out at about £3. But I just read it doesn't have steam workshop support (duh). Not big on these games so not too big of a cockup.

Speaking of bosses, they feel like the complete opposite from Demon's Souls; The fights are rarely special, but the monster design is fantastic.

Yeah, the bosses are very uninspired. Head to room > boss spawns > kill boss. Even the rooms are rather small and uninteresting. Small blemish in an otherwise pretty spectacular game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this 3d platformer that just came out looks pretty

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a gtx770 today and I think I now own Watch Dogs but I can't for the life of me figure out where to find my promo code :/

Copons

It is a game just for me. I still remember the first time I saw the London subway map and the heart gripping terror it inspired in me.

Then you should kind of avoid going to Tokyo, like, ever.

This is the subway map:

which consist in almost 20 lines, run by 3 different companies (Tokyo Metro, Toei and JR East).

But while Tokyo Metro and Toei are shown in the same maps, you should add a JR East map (some of those lines are already in the first map, but still), just because you never know.

(Also, but the situation is apparently improving every year, in lots of station the maps are in Japanese only. :D )

Is it bad that I'm actually interested in this? I loved London Underground on real life so this seems quite nice.

I am interested too, I love London's Underground, but why only Circle line?
Circle and Central lines are possibly my least favourite ones - although I am aware that it's the oldest line and there are very nice stations such as Baker street.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
When I upgraded my gpu I had to provide the retailer with my email address and was later emailed a promo code for Arkham Origins.

Ah, I'll get in touch with the retailer then. I'd thought it would be possible to retrieve it online with the serial number or something

Congrats dude!

Ty :) Dark Souls PTDE now runs at an even lockeder 30fps (but with sexier aliasing). Using Durante's fix, but I read that you could be banned from gfwl for unlocking the framerate (tinkering with the code) how utterly absurd

Vlodril

Is there any way at all to see my library on steam without the categories i have already set? Alphabetically? And not in grid view?

AcridMeat

Banned
Picked it up myself, ended up working out at about £3. But I just read it doesn't have steam workshop support (duh). Not big on these games so not too big of a cockup.
It's linear, which makes it easy to get through, for me. It's basically an adventure game with simplified turn based combat ala xcom. It's fun :D

Copons

That's one of the main reasons I like living in a small town, I don't have to go into a labyrinth everytime I want to go a couple of miles, I can just catch the bus or walk.

Yeah, I guess it's just habit or aptitude.
I live in a huge city, same size as London, with one of the worst public transport service ever: only 2 subway lines (because there's so much corruption going on - or so many archaeological stuff buried everywhere - that to build a mile long tunnel we take 5 years).
So I basically die of envy every time I see one of the "first world" cities subway system maps, so much that I actually collect subway maps from abroad to hang them in my living room. :D

Dr Dogg

I bought a gtx770 today and I think I now own Watch Dogs but I can't for the life of me figure out where to find my promo code :/

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/watch-dogs/bundle

You should get a code from the retailer you bought it from (though I haver seen some as scratch cards) and then you input it on that site (you do need to sign up with Nvidia as far as I remember). They'll then give you a code you need to redeem on the Ubi Shop which is essentially a 100% discount voucher. When I redeemed SC: Blacklist and AC IV it gave me both the Digital Deluxe Editions for each so fingers crossed that's the same here.

zkylon

zkylewd

This is the subway map:

which consist in almost 20 lines, run by 3 different companies (Tokyo Metro, Toei and JR East).

But while Tokyo Metro and Toei are shown in the same maps, you should add a JR East map (some of those lines are already in the first map, but still), just because you never know.

(Also, but the situation is apparently improving every year, in lots of station the maps are in Japanese only. :D )

looks like one of those old 3d pictures you gotta squint your eyes to see the hidden ufo

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any way at all to see my library on steam without the categories i have already set? Alphabetically? And not in grid view?

So, basically, you want Detail/List View minus your categories? Delete Steam\userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf and restart Steam.

DarkFlow

Banned

If you picked it up from a retail store, you should have something that looks like this that they handed you when you bought it.
tjcNRBe.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm also interested in that Subway game, shame that's only one line, but it's understandable why (both previous editions were one line only as well apparently).

On a semi-related note, there is this game about subway/metro, it's pretty neat (and has been Greenlighted)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If you picked it up from a retail store, you should have something that looks like this that they handed you when you bought it.
tjcNRBe.jpg

Definitely didn't get one of those. Well, I'll contact the retailer tomorrow and we'll see.

This is the subway map:

How I wish the São Paulo subway covered the city like the Tokio subway. Still in the subway topic, there is this cool game called Mini Metro that was recently greenlit and you can play the alpha here http://dinopoloclub.com/minimetro/

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
A game about strikes doesn't seem overly interesting.
I guess you have never been to Latin America :p

How I wish the São Paulo subway covered the city like the Tokio subway. Still in the subway topic, there is this cool game called Mini Metro that was recently greenlit and you can play the alpha here http://dinopoloclub.com/minimetro/
On a semi-related note, there is this game about subway/metro, it's pretty neat (and has been Greenlighted)
:D

Kiru

Anyone posted about FREE Anomaly: Warzone Earth ?

Register on this webpage. After that go to your games, press download and select the last option, this option is the steam key.

Everyone should probably already have this game...

nexen

This is the subway map:

Yeah, I came from Toronto, with its two tiny little lines so London was a real shock. Once I overcame the crippling fear though, I enjoyed myself in a way that most people would find borderline disturbing. I discovered that have some sort of subway fetish. St.Paul's was nice. Westminster Abbey was ok, I guess. But I honestly adored the London Underground.
I'd love to go tackle Tokyo's system but I lack the funds.

I discovered that have some sort of subway fetish. St.Paul's was nice. Westminster Abbey was ok, I guess. But I honestly adored the London Underground.

I love London's Underground - and London in general for that matter - and I enjoy going around and discovering each station.
I also bought and read this little book that I highly recommend to you, it's interesting and full of informations http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0752452258/

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Guess what the subway map for Bergen, Norway looks like

Phinor

Definitely didn't get one of those. Well, I'll contact the retailer tomorrow and we'll see.

Don't be surprised if they don't have those coupons, most stores are not participating in those programs. Well that's not completely true, it varies from country to country.

But contacting the store will clear it up anyway, just a heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom