• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia II: 3 New Screens

Jirotrom

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
I played
it until the Sports car mission, I gave up hard
haha... that shit was broken until they patched it... go back and play it the newer printings aren't hard apparently.

Sule

Everybody who hasn't played or finished the first one lock yourself in your room and don't come out until you've finished it. Download the pussy patch for the race if you need to and you're all set to go. The race was unbelievably hard but it's finishable even without the patch. One of the most frustrating parts of any game but it's worth it.

woobit

That race was unbelievably hard for me to finish, probably took me like two days :(

The first game did steal ideas from mafia movies, but it sure is top 3 games ever

Endless

Preview: games.tiscali.cz

Main points:

1) There will be two main characters (Vito and Joe). Vito will be the only playable one but Joe is supposed to be important as well.

2) There will be no story connection between Mafia 1 and 2.

3) There will be extensive car damage. Says better then Burnout Paradise. It will have exploding fuel tanks.

4) You will visit the gas station for gas and to wash your car so it becomes shinny.

5) Money will be very important. New clothes will help if someone is after you. Food will make you stronger like in GTA San Andreas.

6) Cover system like in Gears of War.

7) Setting will be Empire City. Twice as big as City of Lost Heaven. It will resemble San Francisco

8) The lead platforms will be Ps3 and Xbox 360. Pc version may be few weeks or months later. But this may change.

9) Release date Spring/ Summer 2009.

10) The story starts before the end of WWII.

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

Haunted

Endless said:

Main points:
1) There will be two main characters (Vito and Joe). Vito will be the only playable one but Joe is supposed to be important as well.
3) There will be extensive car damage. Says better then Burnout Paradise. It will have exploding fuel tanks.
4) You will visit the gas station for gas and to wash your car so it becomes shinny.
5) Money will be very important. New clothes will help if someone is after you. Food will make you stronger like in GTA San Andreas.
7) Setting will be Empire City. Twice as big as City of Lost Heaven. It will resemble San Francisco
8) The lead platforms will be Ps3 and Xbox 360. Pc version may be few weeks or months later. But this may change.
10) The story starts before the end of WWII.
gah!
emot-argh.gif

Other points sound just fine, though.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Endless said:

Main points:

10) The story starts before the end of WWII

Your post: Awesome
New story: Awesome
Lead platforms: awesome
Car damage: Awesome
Cover system: Awesome
Huge city: Awesome
Character: Awesome

Having to fucking eat, wash my car and fill up with gas: FUCK THAT

please don't ruin this game. I hate doing those things in real life (except eating) but there is absolutely no enjoyment doing that ingame. uurrggh...

Endless said:

Hmm, in that case I'm not so sure about picking up the PC version.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Endless said:

Main points:

10) The story starts before the end of WWII

Your post: Awesome
New story: Awesome
Lead platforms: awesome
Car damage: Awesome
Cover system: Awesome
Huge city: Awesome
Character: Awesome

Having to fucking eat, wash my car and fill up with gas: FUCK THAT

please don't ruin this game. I hate doing those things in real life (except eating) but there is absolutely no enjoyment doing that ingame. uurrggh...

[Nintex]

Dizzan said:
The cars ran out of gas in Mafia and sometimes your car sucked so bad that it rolled back from hills.

cedric69

I hoped everybody had learned the lesson from Capcom, make PC the lead platform and convert from there to consoles. In 2009 it will make even more sense.

dk_

Endless said:
Very good decision. PC FTW! :D What would Borys say...?

shinsnake

Banned
With me completely not liking the first Mafia, I tried very hard to not get hyped for this game. And being a resident non-graphics whore, I did well for a while. But every time I see new screens, I fall right back into really wanting this game. It's probably the only thing I'm impressed with graphically. I'm hoping my PC can play it, because I really don't want to have to shoot with a crappy sixaxis (when compared to a mouse).

Jenga

Banned

Wut

Oh hell, PC better see a simultaneous release. Nice slap to the face to the PC Mafia lovers :(

SupahBlah

Banned
Kagari said:
Yeah, that race killed it for me :( I never made it past that.

There's patches now (official one's) that fix it so you can progress. :D

I remember getting a save just past the race off one of my friends that lucked it. :lol

Kabuki Waq said:
Drivig uphill was always a bitch.

Welcome to the 30's?

dk_

Haunted One said:
Nice argument you've got there. Very convincing.
Well, it's just nice to see that Kipz has received his ver own crystal ball which allows him to glance into the future of gaming. Did he already see actual footage of both PC and consoles? Nope. Is he trying to guise his paine with strange predictions based on nonexistent evidence. Yes.

Haunted

dk_ said:
Well, it's just nice to see that Kipz has received his ver own crystal ball which allows him to glance into the future of gaming. Did he already see actual footage of both PC and consoles? Nope. Is he trying to guise his paine with strange predictions based on nonexistent evidence. Yes.
See? Much better to type your arguments out in whole sentences instead of one laughing smiley.

Xater

The consoles are lead platforms? Interesting.

Makes me fear less for the console versions. Mafia on the Xbox was shit right? (I am not sure because I payed the first game on the PC)

Top Bottom