• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 41, 2009

nli10

Yay for Scribble & KH. Noooo for M&L!!

DS casual rules say they will rise if they appeal more to the casual market, or drop if they were front loaded by DayOne gamers. Think Mario will rise, Scribble will float & KH will sink.

Some odd games in the chart suggests lots of bundles and a fairly low sales week.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I didn't really follow the charts last gen, so was it normal for old titlles to pop in months or even year(s) after they've been released ?, like Mario Kart, New Super Mario Brothers, Halo 3, COD4, and recently some of the older PS3 titles ?

lowrider007 said:
I didn't really follow the charts last gen, so was it normal for old titlles to pop in months or even year(s) after they've been released ?, like Mario Kart, New Super Mario Brothers, Halo 3, COD4, and recently some of the older PS3 titles ?

Drops in prices, budget rereleases, and console price cuts all boosting older software.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
BattleMonkey said:
Drops in prices, budget rereleases, and console price cuts all boosting older software.

I understand that but were old titles popping back in the charts last gen like they are this current gen ?, obviously we had budget releases and console price cuts, bundles etc last gen but I don't really remember titles making a come back like they seem to be doing this generation, it seems that a lot more games are becoming slow burners this gen, it's getting harder to judge the success of a game based on it's 'out of the gate' sales.

Hope to see a nice big opening and No.1 spot for Uncharted 2 next week. That would be great. Hopefuly all the new owners plus the original faithful can pull that off.

dabra

nv4pxy.png

Ireland:
Week 41, 2009 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)

01 (01) Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
02 (__) Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
03 (03) Halo 3: Odst (Microsoft)
04 (02) Professor Layton And Pandora's Box (Nintendo)
05 (04) Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts)
06 (06) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
07 (10) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
08 (__) Killzone 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)
09 (05) Mysims Agents (Electronic Arts)
10 (__) Mario Strikers Charged Football (Nintendo)
11 (15) Wii Fit (Nintendo)
12 (07) Batman: Arkham Asylum (Eidos)
13 (__) Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Square Enix Europe)
14 (12) Tiger Woods Pga Tour 10 (Electronic Arts)
15 (11) Colin Mcrae: Dirt 2 (Codemasters)
16 (20) Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Lucasarts)
17 (__) Scribblenauts (Warner Bros. Interactive)
18 (14) Gran Turismo (Sony Computer Ent.)
19 (09) Guitar Hero 5 (Activision Blizzard)
20 (__) Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

test_account

XP-39C²
tass0 said:
Halo games are always sales monsters, why is it? Good marketing or good games?
I guess a combination of being good games and having good marketing. But Halo is a well established and popular franchice, so i guess that most of the Halo games would have sold well even without a good marketing :)

dabra

2up4lc5.png

Germany:
Week 41, 2009

01 (01) [PS3] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
02 (03) [PS2] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
03 (02) [360] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
04 (06) [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
05 (04) [PS3] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts)
06 (05) [NDS] Professor Layton And Pandora's Box (Nintendo)
07 (__) [PS3] Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
08 (__) [360] Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
09 (07) [PSP] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
10 (__) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

2zidg7c.png

Spain:
September 2009

01 (01) [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
02 (__) [PS3] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts)
03 (08) [PS3] Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)
04 (__) [PS3] Batman: Arkham Asylum (Eidos)
05 (02) [PC] The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
06 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
07 (04) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
08 (10) [PS3] WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2009 (Thq )
09 (__) [PS3] Colin Mcrae: Dirt 2 (Codemasters)
10 (__) [360 ]Halo 3: Odst (Microsoft)

fe01ti.png

Denmark:
Week 41, 2009 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)

01 (01) Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
02 (04) Disney Sing It (K.e. Media)
03 (02) Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts)
04 (19) Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3 (K.e. Media)
05 (03) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
06 (__) Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Atari)
07 (14) Pixeline 12: I Pixieland (Krea Medie)
08 (20) Silke: Syng, Leg Og Lær (Krea Medie)
09 (15) Silke: Hønsefødder Og Gulerødder (Krea Medie)
10 (05) Wii Fit (Nintendo)
11 (10) Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
12 (13) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)
13 (__) Pixeline: Klima & Vejr (Krea Medie)
14 (18) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
15 (__) Pixeline: Vikingerne (Krea Medie)
16 (__) Pixeline: Lær Om Geografi (Krea Medie)
17 (12) Counter-strike: Source (Electronic Arts)
18 (__) Sports Island (Pan Vision)
19 (__) Pixeline: Talmesterens Labyrint (Krea Medie)
20 (11) Guitar Hero 5 (Activision Blizzard)

4rtb4p.png

Australia:
Week 41, 2009

01 (01) [360] Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)
02 (02) [PS3] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
03 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
04 (06) [360] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
05 (04) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
06 (__) [NDS] Professor Layton and Pandora’s Box (Nintendo)
07 (__) [WII] EA Sports Active (Electronic Arts)
08 (07) [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
09 (05) [PS3] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts)
10 (__) [NDS] Scribblenauts (Warner Bros. Interactive)

tass0 said:
Halo games are always sales monsters, why is it? Good marketing or good games?

The first didn't have much marketing at all. It sold mostly on word of mouth.

It's always funny when people make out like halo only sells because of advertising.

I also find it kind of ridiculous when people excuse a game selling less than expected because it didn't have good enough marketing. A pretty relevant example is KZ2. People complained how poorly it was marketed when it really got a lot more advertising than the original halo, and was on a larger userbase.

In fact this has been a common sentiment this gen and its kind of annoying.

test_account

XP-39C²
AdventureRacing said:

It's always funny when people make out like halo only sells because of advertising.

I also find it kind of ridiculous when people excuse a game selling less than expected because it didn't have good enough marketing. A pretty relevant example is KZ2. People complained how poorly it was marketed when it really got a lot more advertising than the original halo, and was on a larger userbase.

To be a bit fair, Halo 1 was a Xbox launch title, which probably helped the sales and awareness of the game, so maybe Halo 1 didnt need to much adverticing on it's own. Killzone 2 did have the advantage of a bigger installbase compared to the Xbox installbase when Halo 1 was released though, that is true as you say, i agree, but i wonder how Killzone 2 would have sold if it was a launch game like Halo 1 was, and if Killzone 2 was the only first person shooter that was released on the launch date and not being released at the same time as Resistance 1 (which was a PS3 launch title) was released.

Being a launch game doesnt necessarily means that a game will sell great though, but at a consoles launch there are usually less games to chose from compared to when a console have been out on the market for a few years, so i would guess that launch games can have a better chance to sell well (at least to begin with) compared to games that are released later into a console lifecycle.

When Halo was released back in 2001/2002, i dont think that first person shooters were that common on consoles as it is today, at least from my knowledge, so there were less competition in the FPS genre back then. When Killzone 2 was released, there were already many popular FPS on the market, which ment more competition in the FPS genre. I wonder how much Halo would have sold if it was released in these days for the first time. It might have sold just as well as it did being released back in 2001/2002 though :)

Of course these arent the only reasons why Halo become popular and sold well. If the game was bad, i dont think that being a launch game etc. would have helped that much, because then word to mouth about being a bad game might have hurt the sales. Halo is a good game, and i belive that this is the main reason why it sold so much, which lead to good word to mouth as you said, so i totally agree that Halo isnt popular just because of the adverticing.

I am not trying to downplay Halo's success at all just to underline that. I am just wondering if Halo 1 being a launch title and that there werent that much competition in the FPS genre (at least compared to how the competition is in the FPS genre in these days) might have helped Halo 1, so people got more aware that the game excisted. And i am not saying that Halo 1 had all the advantages (as in being a launch game etc.) over Killzone 2 just to underline that as well. Halo 1's sales success is definitly not something that i would downplay at all. I belive that Halo 1's sales success happend mainly because the game was/is good and that many people liked it.

I dont think that people buys a game mainly because there are much adverticing about the game, but i do think that little or no adverticing can hurt the sales compared to if there is adverticing, especially in these days when gaming in general is pretty big and when many games are being released, which means more competition. People in general might not be that aware of a game, especially if the game is a new IP, if there arent much or no adverticing of a game.

But i fully agree that little or no adverticing isnt necessarily the only or the main thing that decides if a game ends up selling good or not. Good word to mouth might be a very good thing to increase the awareness and increase the sales of a game indeed, i agree, but i wonder if word to mouth might unfortunately not always be able to reach a lot of people even if a game should be very good :\

I think that adverticing can be of a good help to make people aware that a game excist, but adverticing isnt the only thing that matters if a game sells good. If a game is good, then word to mouth might help, but having adverticing as well will probably increase the chances for a game to sell even more :) But i do agree that low sales of a game shouldnt always be blamed on low or no adverticing, but in some cases maybe low or no adverticing might be one of the reasons why a game ended up not selling too good because people werent aware of the game and word to mouth alone didnt reach that many people?

EDIT: I added some text.

AdventureRacing said:

Huh? in the UK i definately remember the game having a shitload of tv advertisement.

2eygkn5.png

Sweden:
Week 41, 2009

01. FIFA 10 (PS3)
02. FIFA 10 (360)
03. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (PC)
04. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (360)
05. FIFA 10 (PS2)
06. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (PS3)
07. Aion: The Tower of Eternity (PC)
08. Halo ODST (360)
09. NHL 10 (PS3)
10. Wii Sports: Resort (Wii)
11. NHL 10 (360)
12. Scribblenauts (DS)
13. Need for Speed: Shift (PS3)
14. Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story (DS)
15. The Sims 3 (PC)
16. Wii Fit (Wii)
17. Little Big Planet (PS3)
18. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
19. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC)
20. Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PC)

AdventureRacing said:

Agenda much?

Seriously your comparing one of the earliest FPS to ever get any recognition in the console market to a game released at time of the highest saturation of console FPS in the industry? Few FPS even sell as much as the original Halo did, and are they all worse than Halo? Highly doubt it. The market is a very different thing from all those years ago and competition is fierce. Your comparing two completely different things.

Maybe I'm reading the OP wrong but...

"Lucasarts’ ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes’ debuts at No15 and Square Enix’s ‘Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days’ is at No17 - the first title in the series to be released on DS."

15 (11) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
16 (10) PSP Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
17 (__) NDS Scribblenauts (Warner Bros. Interactive)

ClivePwned said:
Maybe I'm reading the OP wrong but...

"Lucasarts’ ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes’ debuts at No15 and Square Enix’s ‘Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days’ is at No17 - the first title in the series to be released on DS."

15 (11) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
16 (10) PSP Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
17 (__) NDS Scribblenauts (Warner Bros. Interactive)

The chart track blurb comments on the all formats (all skus combined for multi platform releases) chart. The individual formats chart is the one posted in the OP.

Road

ELSPA UK Sales Awards for Sep. 2009:

Silver (100k)
PS3 INFAMOUS SONY
PSP GOD OF WAR: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS SONY
360 BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM EIDOS
NDS GRAND THEFT AUTO: CHINATOWN WARS TAKE 2
PS3 FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 EA
PS3 BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM EIDOS
360 HALO 3: ODST MICROSOFT
WII CSI: HARD EVIDENCE UBISOFT
PC STRONGHOLD 2: DELUXE TAKE 2
PC LOCK ON: AIR COMBAT SIMULATION UBISOFT

Gold (200k)
360 SEGA SUPERSTAR TENNIS SEGA
WII EA SPORTS ACTIVE EA
WII PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2008 KONAMI
360 QUANTUM OF SOLACE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
360 LEFT 4 DEAD EA
PC ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON 3 ATARI

Platinum (300k)
WII WII SPORTS RESORT NINTENDO

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
AdventureRacing said:

A lot of advertising budgets for big games are equal to their development budgets (and I am sure in some cases are greater).
Advertising selling things has been a common sentiment from before video games existed, nevermind this generation. Its only annoying because it is unquantifiable, we never see numbers, and targeted marketing can mean that one person sees something as being marketed constantly, whereas another never sees a single piece of advertising material.

Arhal_Katarn

The first halo didn't have that much marketing in the UK the hype kinda snowballed through magazine reviews and word of mouth. Also it was packed in with many Xbox's in the UK. I remember the Xbox's first christmas bundle was Halo, Splinter Cell, Sega GT and Jet Jet Radio Future. Best bundle ever!!!

lochnesssnowman said:
The chart track blurb comments on the all formats (all skus combined for multi platform releases) chart. The individual formats chart is the one posted in the OP.

that makes more sense, thanks

dabra

15d9lyc.png

New Zealand:
Week 41, 2009

01 (01) [360] Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)
02 (05) [PS3] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts)
03 (04) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
04 (08) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
05 (02) [PS3] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
06 (09) [360] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts)
07 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
08 (06) [360] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
09 (__) [PS2] Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
10 (07) [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)

My guess for week 42, 2009

01 WII Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
02 PS3 Uncharted 2
03 360 FIFA 10
04 WII Wii Sports Resort
05 PS3 FIFA 10
06 DS Professor Layton And Pandora's Box
07 360 Brutal Legend
08 360 Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
09 360 Halo: ODST
10 360 Need For Speed: Shift

The more I think of it, the more I cant see Uncharted 2 beating Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Stupid crazy world we live in.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
Sorry for the off topic but are these NPD numbers true ?

1 Halo 3: ODST (X360) – 1,740,972
2 Wii Sports Resort (Wii) – 526,618
3 The Beatles: Rock Band (Wii) – 365,665
4 The Beatles: Rock Band (360) – 344,446
5 Guitar Hero 5 (360) – 279,957
6 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) – 279,105
7 Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) – 260,114
8 Madden NFL 10 (360) – 245,837
9 Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) – 240,614
10 Guitar Hero 5 (Wii) – 234,378

Hardware:

DS – 637,370
PS3 – 429,628
Wii – 395,715
360 – 352,107
PSP – 164,366
PS2 – 118,338

http://www.ps3blog.net/2009/10/16/september-software-and-hardward-sales-data-npd/

pswii60

Mr.NiceGuy said:
Sorry for the off topic but are these NPD numbers true ?

1 Halo 3: ODST (X360) – 1,740,972
2 Wii Sports Resort (Wii) – 526,618
3 The Beatles: Rock Band (Wii) – 365,665
4 The Beatles: Rock Band (360) – 344,446
5 Guitar Hero 5 (360) – 279,957
6 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) – 279,105
7 Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) – 260,114
8 Madden NFL 10 (360) – 245,837
9 Batman: Arkham Asylum (360) – 240,614
10 Guitar Hero 5 (Wii) – 234,378

Hardware:

DS – 637,370
PS3 – 429,628
Wii – 395,715
360 – 352,107
PSP – 164,366
PS2 – 118,338

http://www.ps3blog.net/2009/10/16/september-software-and-hardward-sales-data-npd/
Just looks like a good guess to me. PS3 will be higher IMO (or 360 lower). And Marvel @ 6?! Well, we'll know tonight.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
I am sure PS3 is higher and 360 is lower. the delta will be more than 22% as these numbers claim.

Kinan

Keyser Soze said:
My guess for week 42, 2009

01 WII Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
02 PS3 Uncharted 2
03 360 FIFA 10
04 WII Wii Sports Resort
05 PS3 FIFA 10
06 DS Professor Layton And Pandora's Box
07 360 Brutal Legend
08 360 Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
09 360 Halo: ODST
10 360 Need For Speed: Shift

The more I think of it, the more I cant see Uncharted 2 beating Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Stupid crazy world we live in.

Heh, you were wrong:

All-Format chart already out :

1. FIFA 10 (EA)
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Sony)
3. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
4. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
5. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Sega)
6. Need for Speed: Shift (EA)
7. Brutal Legend (EA)
8. Professor Layton and Pandora’s Box (Nintendo)
9. Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)
10. Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Microsoft)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36166/UK-CHARTS-FIFA-scores-a-hat-trick

Dont see the individual format chart yet , in which, I suppose, U2 will be number one. :)

Kinan

evolution said:
Fifa still kickin it at number 1. Suprised I am.

Well, thats added across all formats. But it will be crazy huge this year, I expect it to rule all holiday season in Europe.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Kinan said:
Heh, you were wrong:

All-Format chart already out :

1. FIFA 10 (EA)
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Sony)
3. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
4. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
5. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Sega)
6. Need for Speed: Shift (EA)
7. Brutal Legend (EA)
8. Professor Layton and Pandora’s Box (Nintendo)
9. Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)
10. Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Microsoft)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36166/UK-CHARTS-FIFA-scores-a-hat-trick

Dont see the individual format chart yet , in which, I suppose, U2 will be number one. :)

Wow, Fifa owns again. But that beast has like five or six platforms right? Anyway, good opening for Uncharted 2.

test_account

XP-39C²
Road said:
ELSPA UK Sales Awards for Sep. 2009:

Silver (100k)
PS3 INFAMOUS SONY
PSP GOD OF WAR: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS SONY
360 BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM EIDOS
NDS GRAND THEFT AUTO: CHINATOWN WARS TAKE 2
PS3 FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 EA
PS3 BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM EIDOS
WII CSI: HARD EVIDENCE UBISOFT
PC STRONGHOLD 2: DELUXE TAKE 2
PC LOCK ON: AIR COMBAT SIMULATION UBISOFT

Gold (200k)
360 SEGA SUPERSTAR TENNIS SEGA
WII EA SPORTS ACTIVE EA
WII PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2008 KONAMI
360 QUANTUM OF SOLACE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
360 LEFT 4 DEAD EA
PC ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON 3 ATARI

Platinum (300k)
WII WII SPORTS RESORT NINTENDO
Cool, thanks for these numbers! :) Nice to see Infamous reaching 100k :) GTA: Chinatown Wars also reached 100k, nice. Also very good of Wii Sports Resort to already reach 300k i must say! :)

EDIT: The individual number are up now :)

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Code:
-  1     UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES PS3  SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT. 
1  2     FIFA 10 XB360  EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS 
2  3     FIFA 10 PS3  EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS 
5  4     WII SPORTS RESORT WII  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
3  5     OPERATION FLASHPOINT: DRAGON RISING XB360  CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS 
-  6     MARIO & SONIC AT OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES WII  SEGA SEGA 
4  7     PROFESSOR LAYTON AND PANDORA'S BOX DS  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
6  8     HALO 3: ODST XB360  MICROSOFT MICROSOFT 
-  9     BRÜTAL LEGEND XB360  EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS 
7  10     OPERATION FLASHPOINT: DRAGON RISING PS3  CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS 
12  11     WII FIT WII  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
8  12     NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT XB360  EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS 
9  13     NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT PS3  EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS 
33  14     SUPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL WII  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
15  15     MARIO KART WII WII  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
11  16     GRAN TURISMO PSP  SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT. 
-  17     FALLOUT 3: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION PS3  BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS 
24  18     DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
-  19     MARIO & SONIC AT OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES DS  SEGA SEGA 
14  20     FIFA 10 WII  EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS 
34  21     PEPPA PIG: THE GAME DS  P2 GAMES UBISOFT 
10  22     FIFA 10 PS2  EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS 
-  23     BRÜTAL LEGEND PS3  EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS 
22  24     WII PLAY WII  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
16  25     FIFA 10 PSP  EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS 
17  26     SCRIBBLENAUTS DS  WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE 
20  27     PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE DS  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
18  28     KILLZONE 2 PS3  PLATINUM SONY COMPUTER ENT. 
-  29     FALLOUT 3: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION XB360  BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS 
27  30     SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS XB360  SEGA SEGA 
-  31     FIFA 10 DS  EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS 
-  32     PUZZLER COLLECTION DS  GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT 
32  33     MARIO KART DS DS  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
25  34     LITTLEBIGPLANET PS3  SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT. 
30  35     TOY STORY MANIA! WII  DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS 
-  36     SONIC UNLEASHED WII  SEGA SEGA 
23  37     MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED FOOTBALL WII  NINTENDO NINTENDO 
-  38     GRAND THEFT AUTO IV XB360  ROCKSTAR TAKE 2 
19  39     KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS DS  SQUARE ENIX SQUARE ENIX EUROPE 
-  40     GRAND THEFT AUTO IV PS3  ROCKSTAR TAKE 2

EDIT 2: I fixed a typo.

Kenka said:
Mario and Sonic opens rather low. Slow burner like its predecessor ?
i'm not suprised it opened that low, i say precisely zero tv ads for it before release only say my first one yesterday and didnt even realise it was out yet, expect it to shoot up in the run up to xmas

pswii60

Kenka said:
Mario and Sonic opens rather low. Slow burner like its predecessor ?
Absolutely. This along with NSMB and Wii Fit will be the #1 xmas presents this year, so expect to see them all hang on in the top 5 through December.

test_account

XP-39C²
Here are the Chart Track UK Games News for this week as well :)

This week there are 4 big new releases and they are all to be found within the Top 10 of the Entertainment Software Top 40. EA’s ‘FIFA 10’ remains on top for a third week despite another severe drop in sales of –54%. However, with week 1 sales being so high the title has now sailed comfortably through the 1m units mark in 3 weeks (Chart-Track total UK market estimates) – a full 3 weeks before ‘FIFA 09’.

Sony’s PS3 exclusive ‘Uncharted 2: Among Thieves’ garnered rave reviews and debuts at No2 on this chart and of course is comfortably No1 on the PS3 Full Price Chart. The title was developed by long-standing Playstation coding house Naughty Dog, of Crash Bandicoot fame. ‘Uncharted 2’ is the sequel to 2007’s ‘Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune’ on PS3 which peaked at No22 on the All Formats Top 40 and got to No1 on the PS3 chart in its second week of release (week 50, 2007). Codemasters’ ‘Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising’ drops from No3 to No2 (-51%) and Nintendo’s ‘Wii Sports Resort’ climbs one place to No4 (+17%). The three other new releases this week are: at No5 Sega’s ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games’ (Wii/DS), at No7 EA’s ‘Brütal Legend’ (360/PS3) and at No10 Bethesda’s ‘Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition’, which includes all 5 download packs (PS3/360/PC). The first 4 download packs were released this year at retail on 360 and PC, but not on PS3, which helps explain why the PS3 version is the lead format with 56% of sales.

test_account said:
Here are the Chart Track UK Games News for this week as well :)
Uncharted only peaked at 22 in 2007, just shows how much the franchise has come on since then in public awareness. All that pre-release hype is paying off.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Good job for U2.

Sort of surprised at Mario & Sonic. When I went to pick up Uncharted on Friday, Game had it tucked away at the back, while Mario & Sonic was front and centre taking up the entire 'new release' shelf at the front of the store. On the other hand though, would one maybe not expect something to do with the winter olympics to be of lower interest than the summer olympics..?

Top Bottom