• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Daze (Vita, Team Siren) - Official site + trailer - Launch Title

Really excited for this

now there must be a Shinobido 2 trailer somewhere..wait, there is!

I'm hoping it has some complex, Mario Galaxy-ish gravity platforming levels.

Totobeni said:
Nah,That illegal amount of bloom effect will be very bad for you on any big LCD or plasma TV,it's not good for the eyes.

Nah, I dont want it on PS3, I am just complimenting the graphics. The is the most impressive Vita game visually along with Golden Abyss in my opinion.

Kaizer

Banned
Looks so awesome, I hope this game is either a launch title or out extremely close to system's launch as I'm there Day 1.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Well we know now for sure it's not on PhyreEngine

2pooyes.jpg

daffy

Banned
gofreak said:
Kotaku has a longer gameplay video, a run through of the full E3 demo. You can see the comic book style cutscenes and stuff, which I hadn't seen in other vids:

http://kotaku.com/5811576/this-is-t...-gravity-for-vita-being-played-by-shaky-hands

At the end of the video the Sony guy seems to imply it'll be a day one launch game. 'It's a launch title. When the system comes out it'll be available.'
Kotaku's usefulness is revealed!~

Thanks for the link!! Move over Uncharted, this is the go to launch game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
gofreak said:
Kotaku has a longer gameplay video, a run through of the full E3 demo. You can see the comic book style cutscenes and stuff, which I hadn't seen in other vids:

http://kotaku.com/5811576/this-is-t...-gravity-for-vita-being-played-by-shaky-hands

At the end of the video the Sony guy seems to imply it'll be a day one launch game. 'It's a launch title. When the system comes out it'll be available.'
IGN seems to have confirmed this also: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173452p1.html

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Who cares about Siren when we get this instead. Damn, this is right up there right up there with Ridge Racer for me as the go to launch game. Looks like I will be getting 5 launch games at least.

KTallguy

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
Love the art style of the game...just really REALLY bummed Team Siren isn't working on another SIREN =/

Translation: "Please make the same game you have been making for years, over and over, this time on a brand new platform."

Developer: "We would like to try something new. Maybe we will do Siren later."

PS: I love Siren, but give the guys a break. Being a one trick pony is never a good thing.

KTallguy said:
PS: I love Siren, but give the guys a break. Being a one trick pony is never a good thing.

Indeed. Maybe we'll get another Siren down the line for PS3/PSV, but it's always nice when a developer doesn't just do one type of game, that's why I wish ND would do something other than Uncharted after 3 and PD do something other than GT after GT PSV.

kadotsu

Banned
I'm sold on the artstyle alone and the sparse amount of gameplay we've seen suggets that the game at least tries to do some cool new stuff but I really want them to use the touchscreen less. I would rather press X in confirmation menus and advance text than touching the screen.

KTallguy

Banned
kadotsu said:
I'm sold on the artstyle alone and the sparse amount of gameplay we've seen suggets that the game at least tries to do some cool new stuff but I really want them to use the touchscreen less. I would rather press X in confirmation menus and advance text than touching the screen.

I am almost positive that every game will allow you to do this.

Replicant

That trailer sold me this game. I'm glad that Team Siren gets to do something different. It'd diversify their portfolio.

gofreak said:

This looks impressive...I really hope it turns out to be as good as the potential suggests, because I want this every bit as much as Uncharted

apana

I don't trust the black cat. Just when you've killed the last boss the black cat points a gun to your head and reveals that it's the secret final boss.

apana

Replicant said:
That trailer sold me this game. I'm glad that Team Siren gets to do something different. It'd diversify their portfolio.

What have they done before? Any 3D platformers?

Replicant

apana said:
What have they done before? Any 3D platformers?

It's hard to tell which members of Japan Studio worked on which so I don't know if they had done anything else apart from SIREN. Keiichirō Toyama, Naoko Satō and Isao Takahashi were all former members of "Team Silent" though. They were the ones who made the original Silent Hill game.

If this turns out to be any good, it just might be a system seller for me. I love the art direction, and action-platformers hits me right in my gaming sweet spot.

Poyunch

Welp this is enough for me to get a launch Vita. I wanted to wait for a new Monster Hunter game and a White Vita but this game and Sound Shapes are really getting me excited.

Top Bottom