• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide : Squad; Kill The Justice League | Review Thread

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not even 12k players on steam at the moment, oof.

The Steam reviews are now "Very Positive", oof.

Ma7uXKW.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
63 Metacritic from 18 critics. Assuming a big name game like this gets 40 or 50 reviews after all said and done, it might even drop below 60 if the rest of the reviews skew worse.

I actually think it looks okay (graphically great, gameplay ok) - but I would have strongly preferred another Arkham game instead.
That wouldve gotten more $$ out of me too.

I wouldve bought this if it had better amd longer campaign with more interesting missions. The graphics and core gameplay looks fun.

Madflavor

12k player count on Steam on launch day, which happens to be a Friday. Goddamn son, that is some crazy bad numbers for a game this expensive and this long in development.

MiguelItUp

I think IGN posted theirs. Slapped it with a 5/10.
After the sass they had with Rocksteady/WB Games this doesn't surprise me. I'm shocked it wasn't lower.

12k player count on Steam on launch day, which happens to be a Friday. Goddamn son, that is some crazy bad numbers for a game this expensive and this long in development.
The game was "dead" long before anyone even played it because of all the negative attention it got.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
IGN gave 5 saying that the game is nothing that you haven't saw before...generic shooting, numbers, weapon catches disguiseds as lootboxes, samey missions, jumping + shooting then repeat, no real ending because of course it's a GaaS, etc.

But I can't say it was a good start though. This guy from IGN really sounds bitter and sour at the start, it should have hold those sentiments for the conclusion. In any case that score is more than deserved.

Fake

Strange how the score 5/10 don't match with what the guy review. IGN have a huge problem with that.

The guy is like was forced to put a low score against his will.

MiguelItUp

IGN gave 5 saying that the game is nothing that you haven't saw before...generic shooting, numbers, weapon catches disguiseds as lootboxes, samey missions, jumping + shooting then repeat, no real ending because of course it's a GaaS, etc.

But I can't say it was a good start though. This guy from IGN really sounds bitter and sour at the start, it should have hold those sentiments for the conclusion. In any case that score is more than deserved.
Yeah the IGN thing was silly because their initial preview could've been written a little more tastefully. Nothing wrong with disliking something, but it sounded pretty overly harsh compared to others that shared the same opinion. Then to be surprised they weren't receiving a key was pretty amusing. It felt like after that they were posting whatever dirt article they could about the game, lol.

Game is definitely decent/average. Just weird to have found myself enjoying it as much as I am. Or hell, enjoying it at all. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Strange how the score 5/10 don't match with what the guy review. IGN have a huge problem with that.

I’m sure he will be alright. Won’t be the first to be insincere in a review and won’t be the last.

o_O
Have you watched the review? 5/10 was better then expected lol
Then to be surprised they weren't receiving a key was pretty amusing
What hell is happening with this revisionism? it wasn't long ago ffs
Nobody got keys. Warner knew how people would react and opted to get money from pre orders
Also, game is getting lots of 5 right now. IGN somehow 'but hurt' when a lot of people shares the same opinion

MiguelItUp

o_O
Have you watched the review? 5/10 was better then expected lol

What hell is happening with this revisionism? it wasn't long ago ffs
Nobody got keys. Warner knew how people would react and opted to get money from pre orders
Also, game is getting lots of 5 right now. IGN somehow 'but hurt' when a lot of people shares the same opinion
Revisionism? Lmao. Wasn't what I was going for at all. It was just funny for a time because this made the rounds.

hd2fbk0ng1fc1.jpeg

Of course as time passed everyone found out no one got keys. I'm well aware, everyone is aware now, but at the time they weren't. But it was still pretty funny considering the circumstances and the attention the negative IGN preview got.

Last edited:
Revisionism? Lmao. Wasn't what I was going for at all. It was just funny for a time because this made the rounds.

hd2fbk0ng1fc1.jpeg

Of course as time passed everyone found out no one got keys. I'm well aware, everyone is aware now, but at the time they weren't. But it was still pretty funny considering the circumstances and the attention the negative IGN preview got.
Sorry, I misread you

The player count on Steam is dreadful. It’s getting crushed by Persona 3 Reload.

This is just the beginning. I think a lot of people didn't want this game and there's a myriad of reasons why being revealed, not just from reviews.

We live in a very connected world, so the negativity surrounding this game is everywhere.

MiguelItUp

It’s just wild to me. A remake of a niche jrpg franchise pulling in triple the amount of players.

100 years of development and a huge budget for Suicide Squad all for nothing. It’s flopping on the ground like a dying fish.
Really? I'm surprised you feel that way. It's a bit niche, but that fan base is quite large. The remake is doing insane numbers. It definitely is, but to be honest the writing was on the wall. The game was dragged for various reasons, and there was no way it'd survive it. Especially being the kind of game it is, let alone a GaaS. Those were the final nails in the coffin.

No one should be surprised by the reviews or the traffic.

Kacho

Really? I'm surprised you feel that way. It's a bit niche, but that fan base is quite large. The remake is doing insane numbers. It definitely is, but to be honest the writing was on the wall. The game was dragged for various reasons, and there was no way it'd survive it. Especially being the kind of game it is, let alone a GaaS. Those were the final nails in the coffin.

No one should be surprised by the reviews or the traffic.
I’m admittedly out of the loop on Persona fandom and Persona in general. Not my thing. I didn’t even know a new game was out until I saw it at the top of the Steam store lol

Anyway congrats to Atlus. They have my sword here.

MiguelItUp

This is a real train wreck.

To gaffers who tried to hype the game during early access : you are shameful people
Nah, they're just people with different opinions man, it happens. Just like with movies, shows, music, etc.

It feels like the majority of the people that are enjoying it are surprised they are.

unlurkified

You just know a woman/feminist wrote this dribble. That's not the problem. The problem is them actually putting this bullshit in the mouth of Lex Luthor...Give me a Break!

Putting feminists in the game industry was a mistake. They can't respect the Fandom or the legacy of the character(s) and instead feel the need to inject their own political views and biases into well established characters or worse, self inserts. I hope the industry course corrects when this shit eventually backfires on them.
Was thinking of getting this when it inevitably hits ~$30 in a few months. Now I’m probably not going to touch it. This shit’s just so obnoxious. No longer feel sorry for RS.

This is a real train wreck.

To gaffers who tried to hype the game during early access : you are shameful people
What's shameful is relying on the mush brained hive mind of game critics in 2024 as some sort of Final Word on how good or bad something is. Listening to to any of these "critics" try to talk about this game on their respective podcasts this week with no review codes sent out in advance - and no safe consensus to fall back on - was hilarious. The overwhelming majority of these people don't have the time or self confidence to make up their own mind.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Maybe it's not tyre fire everyone thought it was, it might actuallty be fun and decent? Would the steam audience be bigger than the console? I'm confused why people put so much faith in steam numbers. This feels like a console franchise to me?

Top Bottom