• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looking for help in identifying two outfits and where to get similar styles, any help is appreciated. Looking to complete the whole outfit:

tumblr_m4xujdELGw1qeuobqo1_1280.jpg

What do you mean identifying that first outfit? It says on the site where each piece is from (unless you don't know where the image is from). It's some French/Canadian blogger (I'm guessing French but the site is hosted in Canada), there's a lot of other photos. http://les-freres-jo.blogspot.ca/

But overall, no need to get the same specific brands.

Ok, so the car coat I wanted went on sale so now it's within my price range but it's from an online shop. This is the picture from before of a 44L:

8xtfI.png

Does this look alright or should I attempt to go one size smaller? Some people suggested to try it but I won't be able to get out to try it on until after the sale is gone so I have to choose before I would be able to try them both on again. Does the 44L in the picture look good or should I risk going one size smaller? Thanks!
I think this looks pretty good. Maybe try online too and see; you can always return it. The difference might be very small.

And I thought 45rpm and kohzo where pricey heh

I think this looks pretty good. Maybe try online too and see; you can always return it. The difference might be very small.

And I thought 45rpm and kohzo where pricey heh

I'd have to pay return shipping but other than that it seems I can return it fine. Would it be worth risking the 42 and return or just go for the 44?

I'd have to pay return shipping but other than that it seems I can return it fine. Would it be worth risking the 42 and return or just go for the 44?
Hard to say without settling them side by side. But it the shoulders and armholes feel appropriately tight, go for it. The rest can be nipped and poked at after purchase without issue.

Hard to say without settling them side by side. But it the shoulders and armholes feel appropriately tight, go for it. The rest can be nipped and poked at after purchase without issue.

Ya, shoulders and everything felt really good and that's true about changing little things. I'll go for the 44 then. Thanks!

Ominym

Banned
I'm torn. If GAF had to pick between these two, which would you choose?

2214024-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

1868931-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Really want to side with the blue/grey. But I'm uncertain if that's too bold.

Zekes!

Ideally neither, but the second ones for sure. The first aren't bold, they're just ugly.

I'm going to admit that I really don't like brogue shoes.

zchen

the white shoes look like Florsheim, or maybe Walkover (probably $100 or so for the first, about $250 for the latter iirc). I think Bass makes white shoes, too.

edit: maybe this?

http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12054-100.html

or

http://www.walkover.com/Walkover-Derby-100-in-White-Suede-color

Bass versions
Buckingham
http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/07815-5109971/Bass/White/Mens+Buckingham.aspx
Cheaper Brockton
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002U82Q20/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm going to admit that I really don't like brogue shoes.
You and me both. I've yet to really come around to liking brogues.

I dig certain styles, but for the most part it's never been my thing. Kind of limiting considering just about every mens dress shoe is doing that now.

overcast

I don't have money for a legitimate "coat" this year, but what else would a scarf look good with? I have Sweaters, button ups, leather jacket etc.

It all depends on the scarf of course, but generally I think scarves can be worn with sweaters and/or other outwear pieces like leather jackets. I've worn scarves with my henley shirts before and they've looked fine too.

I need to decide whether to keep an item or sell it on ebay.
(it's a present for "(Saint) Nicholas" and I don't have a receipt; sorry for the shitty pics)

(there is this second layer cashmere vest inside which can be buttoned off, so it's multi-seasonal)

It fits fine, but I don't know if I'll really wear it...

It's made by Valstar(ino) which is an Italian semi-high fashion brand (I think).
I'm sure it didn't cost all that much, probably some 100-200 euro at some outlet store somewhere.

So, Manshion-gaf, please decide for me: keep it or toss it?

krazen

Engineered Garments has awesome floral/paisley shirts albeit a bit pricey. I really wanted this one from their summer line but it was too much regarding I wasn't even sure if I'd had the confidence to wear it.

Tab-Floral-2.jpg

That's like the perfect floral print, isn't it?

Also, I went into the Uniqlo store in Manhattan and it seems they have a whole floral print line coming out that looks pretty good at $30 a pop...one of the shirts looks just like that.

Since it was a new arrival if its not on their online store, it will be soon.

I need to decide whether to keep an item or sell it on ebay.
(it's a present for "(Saint) Nicholas" and I don't have a receipt; sorry for the shitty pics)

So, Manshion-gaf, please decide for me: keep it or toss it?
Maybe it's just the coat but it looks humungous on you. Definitely not a flattering fit. If that's all I have to go off of, I'd say sell it.

Also, I went into the Uniqlo store in Manhattan and it seems they have a whole floral print line coming out that looks pretty good at $30 a pop...one of the shirts looks just like that.

Since it was a new arrival if its not on their online store, it will be soon.
Thanks, dude. I'll keep my eyes peeled for those.

Ok, so the car coat I wanted went on sale so now it's within my price range but it's from an online shop. This is the picture from before of a 44L:

8xtfI.png

Does this look alright or should I attempt to go one size smaller? Some people suggested to try it but I won't be able to get out to try it on until after the sale is gone so I have to choose before I would be able to try them both on again. Does the 44L in the picture look good or should I risk going one size smaller? Thanks!

I think it looks great. You have to consider that usually, you wear these coats over more than one layer of clothes, so you need it to be roomier. A smaller size could be too tight.

I bought these H by Hudson deck boots. Bit of an impulse buy because they were reduced to £30 from £120, but now I'm not sure what to wear them with (not my picture below) at this time of the year, especially the top half. I like them enough not to want to sell them, but I'd rather not just leave them sitting under my bed for 4/5 months.

My personal opinion of those boots aside, I think brown leather tends to pop really well against selvedge denim. Do you own any of that?

Beyond that I think blue would be good or maybe play up the yellow in the laces somehow? Just a few ideas.

My personal opinion of those boots aside, I think brown leather tends to pop really well against selvedge denim. Do you own any of that?

Beyond that I think blue would be good or maybe play up the yellow in the laces somehow? Just a few ideas.

Lol yes I have a couple of pairs. I'm assuming you mean in a darker indigo. Also you can give your personal opinion, I can take it!

Lol yes I have a couple of pairs. I'm assuming you mean in a darker indigo. Also you can give your personal opinion, I can take it!
Just not a huge fan of the design. I do like the colors though. The nice thing about brown boots are that they pretty much go with everything.

Forest green and plaids. Embrace their outdoorsyness
This is actually a great idea. They'd look fantastic with those.

What do you mean identifying that first outfit? It says on the site where each piece is from (unless you don't know where the image is from). It's some French/Canadian blogger (I'm guessing French but the site is hosted in Canada), there's a lot of other photos. http://les-freres-jo.blogspot.ca/

But overall, no need to get the same specific brands.

I found it on Pinterest but couldn't find the location of where each thing was from which is why I asked here for help you snake in the grass, haha. I was also looking for close substitutes.

overcast

I've only seen Clarks once in person, and I didn't like the sole. Then again I am always impressed when I see others wearing them. Are they worth the 70+ price tag?

(Talking about the Desert boots)

Zekes!

I've only seen Clarks once in person, and I didn't like the sole. Then again I am always impressed when I see others wearing them. Are they worth the 70+ price tag?

I think there's better chukkas/desert boots out there

I think it looks great. You have to consider that usually, you wear these coats over more than one layer of clothes, so you need it to be roomier. A smaller size could be too tight.

Ya, that's why I'm wearing my full suit for work to get a feel. I just didn't want it to be too bulky but I think I'm pretty happy with the size in the picture. Thanks!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
got a pair of the wolverine 1000 mile addison wingtip tan boots on the way for holiday cheer. pretty jazzed to get my feet in them.

For the price, they're well worth it. You're not going to find anything better under $70. You can however, definitely find better options above $70, it just depends on how how you're willing to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom