• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Games of the Year 2011 - Voting Thread - Voting's Over, Folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabase

1. Duke Nukem Forever ; it was released this year, which automatically renders it Game of the Year. Hail to the King, Baby! :)

2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ; This game excels in areas that I find severely lacking in so many other big games: charme and character.

Little, but profound human motives are everywhere in this game. A father cares for his daughter, but is too afraid to really show it; one shopkeeper is a little bit too eager to sell stuff and is bound for diappointment; a timid man loses sleep over his crying baby and his indifferent wife; weaklings shape up and strong men get paralyzed in face of tragedy; demons try to become human; a boy complains that his mother works too much; Heck even robots falling in love and horny elders trying to impress cute girls are in here, and the list goes on. The cast of Skyward Sword is well designed, expressively animated and honest in its wishes, hopes, and fears. None of theme are necessarily too deep, but as a whole they make for one of this years greatest assembly of characters.

Combine this with Zelda staples like top-level dungeon design, a world stuffed with things to do and explore, beautiful music and almost perfect Motion Controls, and you get one memorable 40-50 hour experience that I will remember for years to come.

3. Portal 2 ; Valve take their style of games to its logical next step and deliver a refined, tight rollercoasterride with wonderfully written characters, well-timed scripts and breathtaking visuals. All elements are so perfectly placed and balanced that Portal 2 makes for a completely film-like experience while still being one of the most inventive and enjoyable games of the year. Linear Videogame narrative in perfection.

4. Deus Ex Human Revolution ; I find it rare to see a game that takes a topic, like here the "Augmentation of the Human Body and Spirit", and completely commit itself to showing all aspects and sides to it, especially to a topic I think will become reality within our lifetimes. Deus Ex does a tremendous job in showing different opinions and philosophies on the artificial alteration of yourself, from the CEOs of involved corporations to the simple man on the street, without leading the player to any prescribed conclusions, and leaving it up to him, till the very end of the game, to evaluate, judge and then act on what he has seen and experienced through the game. Outstanding.

5. Minecraft ; There really is nothing that needs to be said about Minecraft anymore. Game-changing in every way.

6. Rage ; This game is about killing monsters, and seldomly has killing monsters felt better, juicier and more satisfying than in Rage. The most basic game elements, running and shooting, have been polished to highest levels through superb control feedback, weighty and expressive animation, meaty sounddesign and 60 FPS. The weapon arsenal is well-balanced, inventive and plain fun, monster encounters diversified and unpredictable. The narrative provides context for the shooting, but doesn't get in the way too often, the characters are weird and loveable, the story forgettable and the ending just really bad; but the gameplay left me longing for more. Fun for the whole family! :)

7. Xenoblade Chronicles ; Breathtaking, living environments, a fun and fast battle system, likeable characters and distinct voice work. One particular feat of Xenoblade is the effective use of scale: It's no average sized adventure with average sized characters. Adventure is grand and exciting, the bond between people the cozier and closer. Haven't finished the game yet but will hopefully soon.

Honorable Mentions:

x. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ; Haven't played it enough yet, but will soon hopefully. The world is big, beautiful and diversified, a dream to be explored. But it remains to be seen whether Skyrim can also offer compelling narrative, or fun gameplay. I'm looking forward to it!

x. Tactice Ogre: Let us cling together ; Haven't played this one enough, too, but from what I experienced yet it offers an epic, monumental story and a deep, complex and rewarding battle system, for which I need to get holidays to really dive into.

2010. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker ; I played PW in early 2011 and put dozens of hours into it. It's really a perfect handheld game: Modular, exciting gameplay chunks, that however do not contradict the grand Metal Gear style of storytelling. Easy, but rewarding management of your own mother base; fantastic voice work; crazy story and mindfxxking revelations about the Metal Gear universe; strategic depth in combat and stealth situations, Metal Gear humour and, as a personal favorite of mine, hours of Codec Conversations as bonus material that give background information on literally EVERYTHING. Perfect to listen to during work or commute. I love this game.

JerkShep

Here we go. My major gripe is missing Dark Souls, I ordered it but it's still not here :(. I played Demon's Souls only this year and LOVED it so if Dark is on the same level it would probably have been high on my list. Whatever.
I played two or three other games this year but I really don't want to give 'em points (Dragon Age II, for example), so I'm stopping at 8.

1. Portal 2
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Deus Ex Human Revolution
4. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
6. Batman Arkham City
7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
8. Mortal Kombat

2010. Demon's Souls

I'll post comments later, I just want to put the list up for now, I'm afraid I'll forget since tomorrow the voting ends.

h3ro

1. Bastion
2. Gears of War 3
3. Forza Motorsport 4
4. Uncharted 3
5. Portal 2
6. Mortal Kombat
7. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

2010. Gran Turismo 5

I have sealed copies of Skyrim and Mass Effect 2 waiting for me, I'll get to those soon and maybe one of them will be my 2012 Game of 2011. One day, I'll pick up a copy of Dark Souls. One day.

Struct09

1. Batman: Arkham City ; The combination of awesome gameplay, exploration, and immersion make this my top game of 2011. Batman isn't necessarily my favorite superhero, but no other game has nailed the feeling of being a superhero as much as this one. On top of that the acting is fantastic, there's an entertaining comic book story, and the game is gorgeous. Loved this one way more than I expected to.

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ; The scope of this game is astounding. Every time I load it up I feel like I'm setting out on a new adventure, and each time I end up encountering something new. And after numerous hours of exploring dungeons, getting sidetracked by random caves, knocking dragons out of the sky, and joining various factions I still feel that I have tons of exciting things left to do in this game. Easily my favorite open world RPG ever, and it only barely loses out to my number one this year.

3. Mortal Kombat ; I had high hopes for this game, and can safely say that Netherrealm exceeded them. I was insanely hyped for MK9 in the months leading up to its release, and was completely blown away by how great the game turned out. A fun fighting system, the best story mode ever seen in a fighting game, an amazing challenge tower, a huge selection of interesting characters, a beautiful game that runs at a solid 60 fps, and the list goes on. My favorite fighting game ever released.

4. Super Mario 3D Land ; When I first saw this game at E3 I was worried. It seemed a little too slow-paced and simplistic, and it was hard for me to get excited about it. But of course, anything the current Mario team works on turns out to be gold. This game melds together aspects from old and new Mario games and still manages to become its own experience. Playing this game is pure joy from the easy beginning to the challenging end.

5. Portal 2 ; This game is hilarious, has the best story-telling I've ever seen in a game, has creative puzzles that are neither too easy nor too hard, and includes an awesome co-op campaign that is completely separate from the single player. Fun and entertaining from beginning to end, and what a hell of an end it has.

6. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ; Before I played this game, there's no way I thought a new Zelda game could possibly land at only #6 on my GOTY list. The game hit some really high points, but also hit some really low points as well. I can't say it's my game of the year, and I can't even say it's my favorite Zelda game, but taken as a game on its own it's still great. The game is gorgeous, includes some creative dungeons (especially the last one), has fun boss fights, and the motion controls work very well.

7. Gears of War 3 ; I've been a fan of Gears since the first, and this is definitely my favorite entry in the series. The game was fun to play, well polished, and shockingly able to tug on some emotional strings. While some questions remain unanswered, I appreciate the way they wrapped up the trilogy.

8. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception ; The most cinematic game I've ever played, just inching past Uncharted 2 in my opinion. While the gameplay hasn't evolved much, I felt the storytelling was improved in this entry. My favorite part was the first third of the game where you don't even have a gun at all. Not to forget the many impressive set pieces, which make the game feel like the best action movie I saw last year.

9. Saints Row: The Third ; I hated SR2. I wasn't even going to give this game a try, but then I heard people gushing all over it. A friend bought it during the Steam sale and talked it up, so I caved. And I'm glad I did, because this game is FUN. The game embraces its ridiculousness and puts you in a number of crazy situations that are actually fun to play. The character customization and progression is great, the co-op is well implemented, and the game controls fantastically.

10. Dance Central 2 ; This is definitely my girlfriend's GOTY, and I love it as well. There are great additions such as the crew challenges, fitness playlists, and an even better break-it-down mode, but adding in two-player simultaneous play makes all the difference. My girlfriend and I play this almost every evening, the game is simply a ton of fun and is a great workout.

x. Dead Space 2 ; I didn't like it as much as the original, but still thought it was a good game.
x. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ; Finding multiple ways to handle a situation creates some great gameplay moments. Annoying and out of place boss fights ruin the pacing.
x. Battlefield 3 ; I don't typically play online FPS games anymore, but I had a great time playing this with friends on PC.

2010. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ; A great single player improvement on AC2, and the multiplayer was a fresh experience.

1. Batman: Arkham City
2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
3. Portal 2
4. Battlefield 3
5. Resistance 3
6. Infamous 2
7. Killzone 3

2010. Gran Turismo 5

RickA238

1. Witcher 2
2. Portal 2
3. Madden 12
4. Skyrim
5. Dirt 3
6. Battlefield 3
7. Mass Effect 2
8. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
9. Terraria
10. Hard Corps: Uprising

NSider

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. Batman: Arkham City
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. Xenoblade Chronicles
5. Portal 2
6. The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
7. Super Mario 3D Land
8. The Witcher 2
9. FIFA 12
10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

LTTP:
2010. VVVVVV

1: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
2: Alice: Madness Returns
3: Rayman Origins
4: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
6: Sonic Generations
7: Saints Row The Third
8: Shadows of the Damned
9: Trackmania 2: Canyon
10: Catherine

Hansel

Banned
1. Catherine ; Story/Characters/Charm
2. Xenoblade Chronicles ; Combat/World
3. Dark Souls ; Mechanics/Combat/World
4. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective ; Story/Charm
5. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin ; Story
6. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked ; Story
7. Kirby's Return to Dreamland ; Charm
8. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise ; Characters/Charm
9. Alice: Madness Returns ; World/Characters
10. Super Mario 3D Land ; Charm

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
1. Hard Corps Uprising( add to front page list)
2. Yakuza 4

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The deadline for voting has been extended to January 21st, 11:59pm PST.
Yesss, now I can put some adequate time into Super Mario 3D Land to judge it adequately. :D Thank you.

Edit: I know other people are probably thinking of this, but would Sonic CD on downloadable platforms count? It has a Tails mode in new game+, runs at 60 fps, Time-attack leaderboards, soundtrack toggle, toggling old filters and new filters, trophy/achievement support, and it's done in the new Retro Engine. ...I guess not, eh?

Don

Glad we got an extension.

Does Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath on PSN count? I'm not sure if it will be on my list but I didn't see it on the nominations list and it isn't mentioned under the games that are not allowed.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I want to see DennisK4's list.

Dennis post your list.

Dennis is sick from having played a wii game. Doctors say his eyes might never mend. So I scribbled down his sluggish words from the hospital bed :

1. Best looking game
2. Second best looking game
3. Third best looking game
4. Four... I can't be arsed anymore...

Jarlaxle

1. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
2. Portal 2
3. Uncharted 3
4. The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
5. Deus Ex Human Revolution
6. Batman Arkhum City
7. Dark Souls
8. Bastion

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I haven't played some of the big hitters in 2011 yet, like Skyward Sword and Dark Souls, but I've played most so I'll participate nonetheless.

1. Batman: Arkham City; I wasn't the biggest fan of Asylum, so I wasn't sure what to expect of the sequel. However, Arkham City surpassed the original in literally every respect for me: story, dialogue, writing, soundtrack, combat, etc. Of all the games I've played this past year this one has left the strongest impression on me. The ending in particular was surprisingly powerful and memorable.

2. Portal 2; If you've ever wanted to transport yourself directly into a Pixar film, this is probably the closest you'll get. The level of quality in terms of pacing, writing, voice acting, and music is absolutely unreal. A wonderful cinematic title with engaging gameplay.

3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; Big fan of Oblivion and Fallout 3, and now Skyrim. Love the Nordic setting and the amazing UI. 50 hours in and I still feel like I've accomplished nothing, which is just amazing to me. Unfortunately, Bethesda's mission structure is becoming a bit too formulaic, and I find myself doing the same thing every play session: spend an hour or two in a cave meticulously looting everyone and everything, walk back to Whiterun, perform alchemy/enchanting/smithing, sell everything I don't need, sleep, and continue onto the next similarly designed quest. The repetition is killing some of the luster for me.

4. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings; Loved the first game and love the second. Did a lot of things better (and some worse, unfortunately), but at the end of the day the story is still so engaging. I had some issues with pacing and combat (which still isn't perfect--stuck in a middle ground of sorts between Arkham City and Uncharted 3), but I can't think of characters in gaming I care more about in recent times than Geralt, Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion, and now Roche and Ioverth (hell, even relatively minor characters like Foltest left a huge impression). Excited for the third entry.

5. Battlefield 3; Was always very excited for this game despite never having played Battlefield 2 and being definitively lukewarm over Bad Company 2. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the game's core gameplay and find myself still playing the multiplayer 60 hours later. The campaign isn't interesting enough for me to pursue, but the multiplayer more than makes up for it.

6. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception; Uncharted 2 is one of the defining games of the generation for me, so of course I was greatly anticipating 3. Unfortunately, the game fell short of the second in nearly every regard, I thought. That isn't to say it's a bad game at all, because it isn't; but I was underwhelmed for the most part. Still, it's an Uncharted game, so automatically it's more fun and engaging than 90% of titles out there. Some of those set pieces... goddamn, man.

7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Probably my biggest surprise of last year. I had zero intentions to play this one, but I got it for free with my video card purchase. The intro absolutely hooked me. Loved the art direction and style, and found the stealth gameplay very fun. Unfortunately, my interest in the story began to wane halfway through and the gameplay segments began to feel far too repetitive. A good but pretty flawed game.

8. Mass Effect 2; Disappointed with this one in many ways even though I still played it through to completion. Almost all the things that I loved about the first game were either changed or missing entirely, in particular the planet exploration and story scope. Mass Effect 2 felt a lot smaller in every single way, which I guess makes sense considering the developer's intent for it to act as a bridge between the first game and the third.

9. Bastion; Haven't played enough of this one to really comment on it, but while I love the narration, art, and soundtrack, the hack-and-slash gameplay isn't really my cup of tea. I have to play more of it though to form a proper opinion.

10. Killzone 3; Ugh, just a huge disappointment all around. Messy pacing, ugly art direction, boring set pieces, terrible dialogue, jarring cutscenes... Killzone 2 wasn't my favorite game, but I really enjoyed it. The campaign was strong and the multiplayer was surprisingly solid. Killzone 3 underwhelmed in both aspects, and it's tied with Crysis 2 as one of last year's biggest blunders.

2010. Limbo; Finally got to play this one and was not disappointed. So beautiful, so atmospheric, so violent... Easily one of my favorite indie titles of this generation, right up there with World of Goo, Shadow Complex, and Braid.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
3. Mario Kart 7
4. Pokemon Black/White
5. Super Mario 3D Land
6. Rayman Origins
7. Sonic Generations
8. Kirby: Mass Attack
9. Kirby's Return to Dream Land
10. Star Fox 64 3D

Rumble19

1. Dark Souls
2. Portal 2
3. The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings
4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
5. Battlefield 3
6. Gears of War 3
7. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
8. Bulletstorm

so1337

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - There honestly wasn't a single length of time with Skyward Sword I didn't enjoy. Sure, the not quite seamless overworld and the handholdy bits leave a bit of sour taste. Still, in my mind Skyward Sword stands not only as the best 3D Zelda ever produced, but also as a testament to the legitimacy of motion gaming.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - If it weren't for Skyward Sword this careful restoration of an absolute classic would surely top my list. Ocarina is still every bit as good as it was more than 10 years ago. And with the clever use of the 3DS' lower screen for item management the once dreaded water temple is now a blast to play rather than the insufferable test of endurance it used to be.

3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Having never played the original Deus Ex I wasn't sure if I was going to like this game. Square-Enix was smart enough to release Human Revolution right before the flood of holiday blockbusters, which, along with the game's incredible sense of style encouraged me to pick it up. While Human Revolution is far from perfect it's in my top three because the sidequests in this game were some of the most compelling I've ever played.

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. Super Mario 3DLand
6. Rayman Origins
7. Shadows of the Damned
8. LA Noire
9. Dead Space 2
10. Gears of War 3

2010: Rock Band 3

RPGamer92

Banned
1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
2. Batman Arkham City
3. Mario Kart 7
4. Skyward Sword
5. Ocarina of Time 3D
6. inFamous 2
7. LA Noire
8. Tactics Ogre PSP
9. RE4 HD
10. Dark Souls

Relax.MX

1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ;
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ;
3. Portal 2;
4. Saints Row The Third ;
5. The Binding of Isaac ,
6. Dead Space 2;
7. Terraria;
8. Rage;
9. Bastion;
10. Gemini Rue

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
01. Batman: Arkham City
02. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
03. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
04. Battlefield 3
05. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
06. Dark Souls
07. InFamous 2
08. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
09. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10. Resistance 3

Honorable Mention:
Bulletstorm
Killzone 3

Jokab

Played very few games in 2011 that I liked so this'll have to do.

1. Skyrim
2. The Witcher 2
3. Portal 2
4. FIFA 12

Uncle AJ

Not sure if this has been asked before, but are Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 being considered as different entities? They're practically the same game and I'd hate to see the overall vote get split...

razu

1. Gears of War 3

Gears 1 came out of nowhere. Never liked Epic's games—Quake 3 was my thing. Wasn't on my radar. Yet it defined the 360 for me. Played it to death. Gears 2 came along... Went to a midnight launch... didn't feel it. Gears was dead to me. 3 builds to launch... totally ignored it. Get a whiff from beta players that it doesn't suck any more... Bought on launch... we're back in business.

Controls, movement, sense of achievement when you become vaguely competitive, (I played the campaign once, but reside online), it's all fantastic. Graphics and sound... yeah, they're not bad either, lol ;)

This game is a part of my gaming landscape like Street Fighter 2/3/4, Pac Man, Outrun 2, Quake 3, Gran Turismo, Tetris or Super Mario World are. It's so made for me it's... unreal...? ;) The point here is that it's a very modern game that fits into my old fashioned love of games that... are games first. (The campaign was wicked though, total action film feel, although... I prefer Gears 1 campaign).

2. Super Mario 3D Land

In the same way that Outrun 2 tricked my brain into thinking I was back in 1986, this tricks me into thinking I'm back in 1991.

Super Mario World to me is perfect. For me, 3D games have not mastered 3D to the same level that SMW mastered 2D. Galaxy felt like it did, but I have zero feelings for it now, I don't feel like playing it, ever again. SM3DL still isn't quite there, but it's close enough. What it does have is... that thing... a soul! It's alive, and a wonderful place to be.

And it's beautiful. Gorgeous. I make games for a living. I know hardware. I look at this game and wonder how they made something so perfect looking on a 3DS...! But then I look closer, it's not technology, it's just straightforward, honest talent. Just as someone with talent can produce a wonderful image with a pencil and a sheet of paper. These people are off the scale brilliant. In my opinion, no-one else, on any platform, is producing quality like this, no-one is using any platform more efficiently or effectively.

I've not 100% completed it. I've done most of it. And it's been enough to judge as excellent. And! Even though I've not completed it fully, I'm already looking forward to starting all over on another save slot. I want to play SM3DL, but I can't until I finish SM3DL... recursive backlog assert!!

I *love it*. It's #2 though because Gears 3 gives me that competitive, sport type of experience. Playing something difficult, gaining skill, playing real people and sometimes wielding a shotgun like a boss... is so satisfying. I don't think a single player game could ever quite match that. And Gears 3 is on a par with lunchtime Quake1/3 sessions of old, or even my beloved lunchtime or weekend sessions of Street Fighter 2/Turbo/Super/Super Turbo in the arcades, against randoms off the street. A word to the 20 year olds, you can never begin to imagine how amazing gaming was when Street Fighter 2 was big. I've not seen anything like it since. The whole scene was fantastic. Hopefully arcades will come back in some way, or at least in-person social gaming. I can't see it not happening. Anyway, I've gone waaaaaay off topic now...

3. Mario Kart 7

Same deal. I am back on the SNES again. No! I've been tricked!

Beautiful.

I loved SNES Mario Kart, hated all other except the GBA one. This though, it clicks and I love it too.

And I can play Mario Circuit 2...! In 3D! Which deserves a mention of its own. The 3DS and the 3D effect have been brilliant this year.

4. Ghost Recon - Shadow Wars

My holiday game this year. Played it solidly for one week, then lost the cart in the airport on the way home! Disaster!

Will definitely pick it up again as it was a fantastic turn-based game, which I'm quite partial to.

Apart from these I've been playing GT5, Phoenix Wright 1, Pac Man CE DX and SFIV in a total "couldn't care less what's current" kind of daze. 2011 was another great year. It added some classics that I'll play for years to come. You can't ask for more!

Extension? Aw, I was looking forward to seeing the results. Oh, well, have fun, everyone. Use the extra time to play Dark Souls if you haven't!

Falt

1. Portal 2
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
3. L.A. Noire
4. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
5. From Dust
6. Renegade OPs

LordCanti

1. Skyrim - Nothing else comes close in terms of content (except for an MMO I guess). I haven't beaten the main story line yet, but I'm forty or so hours in and still loving it. The mod scene will only make it better in the years to come.

2. Dark Souls - What an achievement. They took what was great about Demon's Souls and made it even better, with a connected world and far more variety in terms of locations. The game had bugs when I left it at sixty or so hours (online wasn't perfect, FPS drops in places, etc) but it was so much fun. That team deserves an award and really the only reason I'm not putting it at number one is because it shipped in such a broken state.

3. Skyward Sword - Probably my favorite Zelda since MM. It dips to three for a couple of reasons (backtracking, too many fetch quests, hand holding, finicky controls) but it's pretty clear to me that the Zelda team is back on track. Now we've just got to hope that they can handle the jump to HD.

4. Arkham City - Strangely, I didn't love AC as much as I loved AA. The open world felt really small to me, and unimportant. Yeah there was freedom of movement, but it all looks the same. There was also quite a bit of backtracking (which drives me nuts). Having said that, the story was very good, the voice acting was top notch, and it was a very entertaining experience.

5. Portal 2 - It didn't have the same appeal for me as the first game (how could it, when the mechanics no longer had that new car smell?) but it was extremely solid, with fantastic characters and a much more fully fleshed out narrative than the first game.

Dennis is sick from having played a wii game. Doctors say his eyes might never mend. So I scribbled down his sluggish words from the hospital bed :

1. Best looking game
2. Second best looking game
3. Third best looking game
4. Four... I can't be arsed anymore...
5. Open World Game
6. Open World Game
7. Open World Game
8. Open World Game
9. Open World Game
10. Open World Game
There you go.

ZealousD