• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Naruto Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timbuktu said:
Yeah. I enjoyed that chapter, it feels fresh, makes sense and and isn't lethargic, the first in a long while. I don't mind if the focus isn't on Naruto for a few chapters, I like how Shikamaru fights a lot more. Naruto's new jutsu is quite boring to be honest in comparison with Shika's.

his new jutsu better aid his fighting skills in general such as gear second in one piece....otherwise.....anyway, Im more interested in naruto having some growth...

good news that the second series is starting up...god damn in february....these fillers have been the worst Ive seen...worse than dragon ball!

peace

Hero

At leat they've announced a date for it. So now we can all stop getting our hopes up every time there's an hour special or new opening or new time slot or whatever.

Manp

Holtz said:
Yep, here is the pic:
7432602ce02123309loag6.jpg
Temari is hot!1!

:lol

Giard

I just read on Dattebayo.com that they will stop subbing new releases of Naruto, in favor of....

Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl

Dattebayo.com said:
Due to the enomity of this project, and the limited resources at the disposal of Dattebayo Fansubs LLC, it was decided that the best course of action was to drop* the show Naruto. Declining profit margins and recent increases in production costs have made the release of this product impossible to maintain.

We hope that fans will be understanding in this time of transition and will share in our excitement about this fabulous new presentation.
http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/14

Ark-AMN

Banned
lol, they just had to announce this after the fillers were announced to end? I doubt many would have cared when the fillers were going on without end, but now?

Oh well, I suppose some fansub group will take up the mantle for the new Naruto

Holtz

Giard said:
I just read on Dattebayo.com that they will stop subbing new releases of Naruto, in favor of....

Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl

http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/14
Uh, just so you know, YHBT means "you have been trolled", so no, they are not dropping Naruto. They are just messing with the Naruto fans. You just know some of them are considering suicide right now.:lol

Luckett_X

Banned
This is most likely the 'no naruto' week prank they do. Come on now, dropping Naruto and Bleach in favour of Pokemon because their 'profits' are dropping?

Forshame GAF, eating turkey and playing new consoles has dulled your once sharp senses!

Giard

Holtz said:
Uh, just so you know, YHBT means "you have been trolled", so no, they are not dropping Naruto. They are just messing with the Naruto fans. You just know some of them are considering suicide right now.:lol

Woops. >_>
Didn't know what YHBT meant. I thought it was true, cause it seems this week's episode is late on the release.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG

Holtz said:
Forget what I just said then.....

Ark-AMN

Banned
Now that was a very cool chapter, I'll be suprised if even a jaded guy doesn't like it.

As for the end
As much as it'd be quite neat if Kishi just off'd Kakuzu like that. I don't see it happening. In fact, my own theory regarding him is that the guy doesn't have any internal organs and his true form is actually that black (color?) stuff inside him. Oh well, next week's chapter should be even more interesting. One other reason I don't wan't him to die just yet is we have yet to see the supposed "berserker" rage of his where he kills everything in sight. And man, Hidan really has a potty mouth :lol

Hero

What an awesome chapter. Seeing Shikamaru so motivated is kind of scary. "****ed? Yeah, that sounds about right." and the smirk he had when he said "I won't screw up the order this time."

The image of Kakashi's hand going right through Kakuzu's chest has me really excited for these fights to get animated.

I also don't think Kakuzu's dead just yet. We've hardly seen him do much of anything.

Also, Naruto's new jutsu looks to be pretty powerful.

the chapter was alright, but Im just frustrated naruto hasnt completed his jutsu...its taken about 20 episodes...the new ship took 2 episodes to build in one piece

peace

Ark-AMN

Banned
Hehe, the Kakashi fans will go absolutely nuts if
Kakuzu actually does die
cause that would put him on a whole new level
taking down an S-ranked criminal
in such a quick manner

Akia

333: Best Ending for a Chapter in a LOOOOONG time.

Kakashi just owned the guy. He's dead too. They're going to capture Hidan since the next chapter is called "the whole story". Really nice chapter these past couple weeks.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
That chapter was pretty hot.

I'm not quite sure if I'm liking the manga breaking down into paper, rock, scissors over powers now though.

This Chapter OWNED, but the last pages of it takes your attention away from the real megaton we all know that dude
survives this attack

the only purpose was to take your attention from a clue of how things may go down

Naturo now knows
how to save Sasuke from himself... Sasuke wanted to become stronger so he left to join with the only person who could give him power enough to face his brother... Now Naturo knows that using Wind he can double Sasuke's power if they team up

THIS IS A GIMMICK IN THE MAKING :(

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I bet I'm the only one here who thinks this show sucks.

That drunken kid is baddass, however.

Kintaro

EvaPlusMinus said:
I bet I'm the only one here who thinks this show sucks.

That drunken kid is baddass, however.

Rock Lee is the best character in the series, without question. So, of course, he's barely been seen since the time skip. Goddamned shame too.

Jacobi

Banned
Yeah I love me some Kakashi action
Shikamaru also rocked
first nice chapter in three years or something like that (2 maybe)

tenchir

Anyone think Naruto's new Rasengan is overkill? Just looking at the crater he made, he's now a WMD. How is he suppose to use that against Sasuke without blowing him to bits?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
tenchir said:
Anyone think Naruto's new Rasengan is overkill? Just looking at the crater he made, he's now a WMD. How is he suppose to use that against Sasuke without blowing him to bits?

Yea, it's not very ninja like if you ask me.

Hero

tenchir said:

Naruto needs this. Sasuke was already pretty powerful pre-timeskip, with a lot of his fire jutsu being top notch, can you imagine what they're like now? Not to mention he's upgraded his own chidori quite a bit.

Besides, we've seen this coming for a few months now when Kakashi even stated that Naruto might be able to become stronger than even himself if this training worked. Rasengan was hard enough to do that I don't think Naruto is going to be able to pull this new jutsu off instantaneously, so most likely he's going to have a trick or two to be able to hit his opponent with it. However, if it was an instant attack, then yeah, it'd be pretty lame.

Kintaro

Hero said:
Naruto needs this. Sasuke was already pretty powerful pre-timeskip, with a lot of his fire jutsu being top notch, can you imagine what they're like now? Not to mention he's upgraded his own chidori quite a bit.

Besides, we've seen this coming for a few months now when Kakashi even stated that Naruto might be able to become stronger than even himself if this training worked. Rasengan was hard enough to do that I don't think Naruto is going to be able to pull this new jutsu off instantaneously, so most likely he's going to have a trick or two to be able to hit his opponent with it. However, if it was an instant attack, then yeah, it'd be pretty lame.

He still needs a copy of himself to do a Rasengan with any consistantcy, odds are, he'll need two copies of himself to use the Wind Rasengan. That's probably the balence. Then again, the fact that he's needed a second copy of himself to make a Rasengan since he learned it and he never improved to the point of using it himself confirms the fact that this whole training bit (and learning via copies) was just completely poorly thought out.

scarybore

Hero said:

While I agree Naruto needed something new,
did Naruto really need yet another Rasengan? If Oodama Rasengan (however you spell it) didn't exist then I would probably be more receptive to the idea but as it stands I really couldn't care less for it sadly, even though it looks pretty destructive.

I think there were many other routes for Narutos new jutsu to go but the most obvious and easy (for the author) option was chosen.

Either way, I enjoyed this weeks chapter. The last page was especially good and I'll be interested in seeing
exactly how Kakuzu survives.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Wow, no one's commented on the new chapter yet?

So yeah.
Kakuzu owns all
:D

And uh
Poor Kakashi has to take a real beating this time. Still no help from the fatass or the dumb blond either.

Kintaro

Ark-AMN said:
Wow, no one's commented on the new chapter yet?

So yeah.
Kakuzu owns all

And uh
Poor Kakashi has to take a real beating this time. Still no help from the fatass or the dumb blond either.

I'll comment.

Call me when this thing is good again. This shit is just ridiculous.

scarybore

I really liked this week chapter.
I had thought Kakuzu was quite plain so far and was just gonna be a man with stretchy arms and extreme strength who could reattach limbs but with these elemental masks/ghosty things popping up, he probably has one of the better designs in the series. He does seem a bit forced with all the talk of elements just reappearing and increasing in importance all of a sudden but I'll forgive that.

Feck know what will happen next week, Kakashi was on the back foot all chapter so Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji are really gonna have to do something mildly good for once.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thaedolus said:
So uh...is the anime still filler or what?
It looks like episode 217, airing January 18, will be non-filler (assuming the episode title is real).

Naruto: Shippuuden, which is post-skip, begins in February.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno.

There hasn't really been anything I've seen about how they're handling that. Maybe they'll do it separately, maybe they'll put it after 217. Maybe it'll be part of the new series. Maybe (doubtfully) they're just not doing it.

Sai

MetatronM said:
Dunno.

There hasn't really been anything I've seen about how they're handling that. Maybe they'll do it separately, maybe they'll put it after 217. Maybe it'll be part of the new series. Maybe (doubtfully) they're just not doing it.
I'm still hoping it's given the movie treatment, everything before and after the mission expanded upon with Kishimoto's consult--that would be great.

... I hope that, but it'll likely just end up being shown on the tube. :(

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Smiles and Cries said:
seems like head shots would mean shit to this guy...

335 awesome!
Probably not, but since
they're just plannng on popping hearts, I still don't see any reason to assume he keeps spare brains in there too.

Timbuktu said:
All the talk about the 'elements' makes it feel a bit like Pokemon.

Yeah. When they said Sasuke was a Fire-Lightning dual-type I thought, "So he's 4x weak against Ground-type attacks!"

MetatronM said:
It looks like episode 217, airing January 18, will be non-filler (assuming the episode title is real)

That would make no sense, since there's no pre-timeskip canon left for them to do.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
HisshouBuraiKen said:
That would make no sense, since there's no pre-timeskip canon left for them to do.

sure they do, Naruto has to actually leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom