• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Conference 10/11/07, what do we expect?

Ramenman

IGN said:
Apparently, everything except for Super Smash Bros. Brawl coverage will be under embargo until Monday. But we will, according to what I've heard, be able to film a Brawl presentation and write in detail about the fighter today, which sounds fantastic.

OH YES. Best embargo ever.

Edit : Apparently it's not the only game presentation there will be...

And smash in the US = Feb 10...

Saitou

Banned
handofg0d said:
9:20 a.m.: "Best game coming for the holiday is Super Mario Galaxy." Can't really argue with that.

This quote makes me think NOA pushed Brawl back just to ensure sales for Galaxy.
Not to mention a second Xmas in February really helps those year-over-year charts look better.

Ramenman

9:37 a.m.: In Stalfos Defender, you see Link in the foreground as Stalfos approach nearby. You have to shoot as many of them as you can. You can turn the screen by dragging the on-screen reticule to the left or right. Very satisfying effect as you blow the enemies apart. For a $19.99 pack-in, this is pretty impressive stuff. Indeed, looks much more fun than Umbrella Chronicles, as far as I'm concerned.

This wont end well :lol

ziran

*SNAP!

You're right :lol

Crossbow Training sounds great!
9:37 a.m.: In Stalfos Defender, you see Link in the foreground as Stalfos approach nearby. You have to shoot as many of them as you can. You can turn the screen by dragging the on-screen reticule to the left or right. Very satisfying effect as you blow the enemies apart. For a $19.99 pack-in, this is pretty impressive stuff. Indeed, looks much more fun than Umbrella Chronicles, as far as I'm concerned.

9:38 a.m.: In another type of gameplay style, you actually move Link through the levels with the nunchuk's analog stick and aim normally with the Zapper. You have full freedom of movement and can walk into any direction. Meanwhile, you can zoom in and pick off enemies from a distance, shoot boxes for upgrades, etc. When you shoot something other than an enemy, you still keep your multiplier. Again, color me pleasantly surprised.

Chumly

9:51 a.m.: Boz chooses Pikachu. He's playing Chris Kohler from Wired. Whoever wins, the audience loses.

9:49 a.m.: They just asked for volunteers and I politely volunteered Bozon. I also told him that if he didn't win, he's fired.

:lol :lol

Maybe if we pray hard enough we will get voicechat.

After 15 years of atheism i have started praying again because of peggle extreme. Believe me, it works.

B.K.

Mockingbird said:
Nintendo announces they'll be publishing Xenosaga I + II for Nintendo DS

I wish that would happen. I want the game in English. I imported the Japanese version, but I want an English release.

Well that was sublime. A couple of journalists playing game and saying : Omg this is so fun.

And no new announcements. Not even a date on the demo channel here in the US.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Littleberu said:
Well that was sublime. A couple of journalists playing game and saying : Omg this is so fun.

probably because the entire event other than the game demos and brawl coverage is embargoed until monday?

Link Man

Banned
Littleberu said:

I'd say the Brawl release date was an announcement...

Game impressions on Monday will be good to look forward to. Galaxy sounds great. Smash Bros delay, though. :( More announcements maybe?

Stumpokapow said:
probably because the entire event other than the game demos and brawl coverage is embargoed until monday?

"Oh. I just got an update. Evidently I can live blog about everything we see here. I just can't post official hands-on impressions until Monday. Weird, but I'll take it."

Ramenman

This thread's title is now unappropriate/misleading.

There wasn't any conference, this is refered to as the Nintendo Media Summit 2007.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Littleberu said:
"Oh. I just got an update. Evidently I can live blog about everything we see here. I just can't post official hands-on impressions until Monday. Weird, but I'll take it."

Right, as in they can liveblog the things in the interactive presentation, but any other information given out will be embargoed. Not that I expect a megaton of info and announcements.

9:15 a.m.: Talking about Smash Bros. delay. Smash Bros. delayed officially here in the US until Sunday, Feb. 10!
Damn.
9:17 a.m.: Been making more Wii systems. Demand continues to surprise Nintendo. Consumers will still have to "hustle" to find the system this year. Will have about two times the product they had last year.
Which would mean about 2 million across November+December in the US? About what I was thinking.

CoolS

josephdebono said:
isn't that IGN blog supposed to be live?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! full 10 mins with no update

*dies*

9:56 a.m.: Looks like the gameplay demonstrations are at an end and thus, so is this live blog. Look out for Smash Bros. coverage later today, but you'll have to wait on the rest.

btw. guys, is it normal I'm ALWAYS on the uk.ign.com site?

We won't know for sure until Monday, but it sounds like there's no news regarding either WiiWare or any third party titles from this event. That's a bit surprising after the Japanese conference, but oh well.

Neomoto

It indeed appears that this isn't a retailer conference at all but a "media summit" for journalists to play Nintendo Q4 line-up.

TSA said:
Playable versions of everything at E For All Expo next week.
Info already made known at the Japanese event
New release schedule through Q1 2008.

That's all, really.

Give me my 100 dollars, please, I win the thread.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
DAMN YOU EMBARGOES! i NEED to see what else they have in store for BWii, if anything. everything else is icing...

Top Bottom