• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

16346563310_5491bea2d6_o.jpg

16543735095_0cfeda91f2_o.jpg

dear god. i knew skyrim mods were nice, but this is....something else. photorealistic, practically. would love to know which mods you're running, and if my PC can get anywhere close to this insanity.

That's true, i'm not going to release every ENB settings i tweak for every screenshot as i don't keep them for myself...

I use Opethfeldt's ENB as a base.

And this is pretty much what most Skyrim screenshotters do (at least the ones I'm familiar with). Some people will go as far as using custom pose and animation mods for single screenshots. Custom point lights dropped in front of a character for dramatic, single screenshot lighting. You can use spells for that shit too. Then there's the director tools where you can summon sweeping fog across the landscape. Or use the console to dynamically alter fog on a per-screenshot basis.

I stopped asking people for their Skyrim mods a long time ago and learned to just appreciate the magic that people can sometimes achieve with that game. And sometimes that's all it is. And as soon as they rotate the camera or start moving to the next location, that magic is gone until they set it all up again for the next shot.

Smash88

Banned

Can't stop laughing...

"This seems to be broken. This seems to be broken. This seems to be broken.
This seems to be broken. This seems to be broken. This seems to be broken."

Heard about the game, but didn't know it looked very nice in terms of ambiance and aesthetics.

Thank you very much! I recently discovered the panorama correction tools in the program I'm using, so I'm no longer getting distortion like before, which means I can get bigger screenshots with more detail thanks to the bigger field of view and distortion correction.

Of course not.
I'm resizing the image to 1280x1024 via thumbnail to not overload the page.
I think the point of this thread is to see screenshots in all their glory without having to leave the page. In other words, we don't want massive screenshots that you have to zoom in to (unless they're really wide shots that also have plenty of vertical space) because all sense of composition and framing is lost when you zoom in, potentially ruining most of the shots here - and like you said, people will slow internet connections will suffer. We also don't want tiny shots that link to bigger ones because then you have to leave the thread, and yes, it's not a massive problem, but it's really helpful for those of us that often have 20+ tabs open at any one time. Besides, Imageshack is a bad host, and we can't even see the full res shots anyway because you have to click on the image a post, zoom into it on the Imageshack page, right click and open in a new tab, and then switch to that tab to see it. A lot more steps and time than simply clicking once in this thread to zoom in.

because all sense of composition and framing is lost when you zoom in, potentially ruining most of the shots here.

You think most people here care about that?

The thumbnails are annoying though, and so is clicking an image only to find out it's a link that takes you to another page that requires more clicks to see the full sized fucking image.

You think most people here care about that?

Well, I'd like to think that most people either care about it or are at least aware of it. I certainly don't know anything about photography other than the absolute basics that I've picked up simply from people like you and Dead End Thrills, and I know it shows in my shots, but at least I care about composition - even if I'm not very good at it. :p

harlekin

vwbk0Ro.jpg

Did someone order atmospheric? ;)

Dear god, I mean, look at it. :)

edit: I'm just looking at it on another screen - this has to be viewed on a high contrast screen with low brightness - otherwise it will look washed out and loose its depth and the impact of the shadow detail.

Also. A cow.

CHC

Holy shit the hits keep coming this year.

Those Elite Dangerous shots legit made me do a double take, and I've seen some graphics in my day.

Top Bottom