• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to hold a press event Thursday Feb 24th 2011

Lingitiz

Really hoping we get to see something on Kingdoms at this event, but Crytek is probably focusing on Crysis 2 in the press right now.

TheOddOne

Lingitiz said:
Really hoping we get to see something on Kingdoms at this event, but Crytek is probably focusing on Crysis 2 in the press right now.
Might be a trailer, but they will not talk about it until E3.

Kuroudu

me think Final Fantasy Versus XIII 360 announcement, in conjunction with Vjump "mistake" of listing FFVXIII coming to the 360. Could be a coincidence though...

ThatGuy

wwm0nkey said:
Well looks like we can add that to the list of reveals.
Robot Entertainment said that no publisher is attached to their Game 2.0 one month ago. So it's pretty unlikely that Microsoft is the publisher of Game 2.0..

lord pie

I wonder if they will announce a halo game for windows phone...
Or a gears of phone.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to Forza 4. I'd like to see some solid improvements and general awesomeness from T10.

Banned
Shurs said:
Awesome. It will be interesting to see what they have to show.

Are people really expecting them to announce a bunch of titles that will ship this year, though?

I hope not. I have far too many games I want to buy for the 360 this year as it is.

Izayoi

Banned
All I really care about is Forza 4, and the Halo Remake I guess. As long as we get news on those two I'll be happy.

Though, with my luck, watch them announce a price drop after I just bought a new Slim yesterday. This won't happen, right? It can't happen so soon after they re-jumbled all of the SKUs in November, right?

GhaleonEB

Mikey Jr. said:
How big of a focus on Kinect are we thinking here? 50%? Thats what I think.
That seems about right. I get the feeling they're lining up some core games for the event, but Kinect won't be neglected; it's due for an announcement of the next wave of major games for it now that the holiday and post-holiday buzz are over.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
I was going to break down whether they need to announce Kinect games or regular games, but Microsoft just needs to announce GAMES.

Their first-party lineup is is freaking depressing to anyone who doesn't like Gears. Even then, it's probably pretty underwhelming. And it's almost getting to the point where I feel bad for Kinect owners for the N64-like release schedule out there for the thing.

The Crimson Kid said:
I was going to break down whether they need to announce Kinect games or regular games, but Microsoft just needs to announce GAMES.

Their first-party lineup is is freaking depressing to anyone who doesn't like Gears. Even then, it's probably pretty underwhelming. And it's almost getting to the point where I feel bad for Kinect owners for the N64-like release schedule out there for the thing.
There are quite a lot of Kinect games announced now, we just have no dates for virtually all of them. Codename D, Project Draco, Steel Battalion 2, Haunt, Child of Eden, The Gunstringer, Gears: Kinect, Double Fine's Sesame Street, Star Wars Kinect and Forza 4 is already a pretty strong line-up, not to mention the inevitable launch sequels and E3 surprises. We just need something soon.

Child of Eden should be sooner rather than later and I'd guess that the Twisted Pixel and Double Fine games will be out in the first half of the year, possibly Gears: Kinect given the release of Gears 3 later in the year and hopefully at least one of the Japanese titles too. I have a feeling that Gears: Kinect, should it actually exist and be at the event, will be playable.

As for their none-Kinect line-up, that is something they definitely have to build on and we'll just have to wait and see... hopefully they have a couple of surprises.

Amir0x

Banned
hope they announce something compelling. Still waiting for game number 2 I can buy for 360 this year. Gears of War 3 and zip

The Crimson Kid said:
And it's almost getting to the point where I feel bad for Kinect owners for the N64-like release schedule out there for the thing.

The thing has just launched a few months ago, it's going through a usual post-launch slump. Thankfully, great sales guarantee that we'll be showered with new game announcements by the end of the year, if not much earlier.

InaudibleWhispa said:
There are quite a lot of Kinect games announced now, we just have no dates for virtually all of them. Codename D, Project Draco, Steel Battalion 2, Haunt, Child of Eden, The Gunstringer, Gears: Kinect, Double Fine's Sesame Street, Star Wars Kinect and Forza 4 is already a pretty strong line-up, not to mention the inevitable launch sequels and E3 surprises. We just need something soon.

Child of Eden should be sooner rather than later and I'd guess that the Twisted Pixel and Double Fine games will be out in the first half of the year, possibly Gears: Kinect given the release of Gears 3 later in the year and hopefully at least one of the Japanese titles too. I have a feeling that Gears: Kinect, should it actually exist and be at the event, will be playable.

As for their none-Kinect line-up, that is something they definitely have to build on and we'll just have to wait and see... hopefully they have a couple of surprises.

Sesame Street is fall according to the press release.

Vinterbird said:
Sesame Street is fall according to the press release.
Fair enough. It also looks like it might well be a retail title, which I hadn't considered. I think The Gunstringer will be XBLA and if it's going to be playable very soon, I can only assume that the release date shouldn't be too far away.

It's not really me Microsoft needs to worry about with regards to it's Kinect release schedule. I can just play traditional 360/PS3 titles in between Kinect sessions. It makes no difference if it gathers dust for a week or a month in between releases unlike, say, early Wii adopters who had no other alternative. It's the families and casuals they need to keep entertained with a steady flow of releases. The ones who won't be picking up Dead Space 2 to keep their system busy. Whilst there are titles here and there like Body and Brain Connection, they just need to get into more of a steady release flow which will naturally come, especially now after it's huge success I can imagine a lot of games got green-lit very quickly. Even if it's just shovelware to keep them busy whilst we wait for the quality games listed in my earlier post.

Amir0x

Banned
TheOddOne said:
I thought you where hyped about 4rza? :p

Forza is corrupted by that shit Kinect.

All seriousness, i'll probably get that too yeah. Although I'm not sure I need another sim right now. I've got less than 10% of shit done in Gran Turismo 5.

wwm0nkey

Amir0x said:
Forza is corrupted by that shit Kinect.

All seriousness, i'll probably get that too yeah. Although I'm not sure I need another sim right now. I've got less than 10% of shit done in Gran Turismo 5.
Isnt Kinect only adding head tracking and hand steering? ( I assume you can use head tracking with a controller or wheel too)

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Well, Sony called it Game 3.0. It's Web 2.0 concept you're thinking of.
I miss web 1.0. Things were so innocent, back then.

5consbar2_e0.gif

Top Bottom