• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jak & Daxter Trilogy PS Vita | June 2013 | $29.99 / €29.99

KalBalboa

Banned
Just remembered this was hitting in two weeks. Definitely picking this up if the frame rate is stable.

Any previews/updates on this?

Drago

Just remembered this was hitting in two weeks. Definitely picking this up if the frame rate is stable.

Any previews/updates on this?
Nothing as far as I can tell.

I really hope the port is good, I'm fine with a solid 30fps. I'd love to replay these on a handheld and maybe finally finish Jak 3.

KalBalboa

Banned
Nothing as far as I can tell.

I really hope the port is good. I'd love to replay these on a handheld and maybe finally finish Jak 3.

I beat 1 on PS3 and haven't begun II or 3. This seems like it could be the way to go, for me, if the ports measure up. June 18th.

Drago

I beat 1 on PS3 and haven't begun II or 3. This seems like it could be the way to go, for me, if the ports measure up. June 18th.
Yeah, I should hopefully be picking up a Vita in July and I'd likely get this to go with it. Hoping for the best.

xJavonta

Banned
PlayStation 2 games didn't typically have high-res textures. If it looks like the PS3 versions condensed to the Vita screen, I bet it'll look fine.

Idk, I've played Persona 4 on PCSX2 and it looked damn amazing. The textures weren't super high res, but were impressive considering it was a PS2 game.

Pachimari

I beat Jak & Daxter 100% and beat Jak II: Renegade and Jak 3 as well on PS2. Really want these to turn out good on Vita. I have always wanted Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on a handheld.

8 days left!

KalBalboa

Banned
Idk, I've played Persona 4 on PCSX2 and it looked damn amazing. The textures weren't super high res, but were impressive considering it was a PS2 game.

P4 was a damn good remaster.

I beat Jak & Daxter 100% and beat Jak II: Renegade and Jak 3 as well on PS2. Really want these to turn out good on Vita. I have always wanted Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on a handheld.

8 days left!

Wait, 8? It's out June 12?

Hmmmm...almost bought the PS3 version yesterday. So glad I didn't- the Vita version will get played so much more. I tend to be really into my Vita nowadays. I don't even play it on the go, I just love chillin' on the couch or in bed playing games on it.

TripOpt55

I will probably pick this up just to support the series (my favorite). I would love to play The Precursor Legacy on a portable, but the others seem like bad fits for the system with them being so button heavy (though I love 2 and 3 as well).

Also googling tells me the 18th.

Is this the only PlayStation HD Collection from Sony to not get a sequel on PS3 (well other than the Team Ico one which I assume Sony figured would have a spiritual sequel of sorts by now)?

If this turns out well it could give me the final reason I've been looking for to finally pick up a Vita.
Well, and a price drop... and a few new game announcements at E3 for it.

Takao

Banned
Remember the last PSVita port Sony dropped onto the world without telling people much about it? Yeah, I'm expecting this to be just a smidge better than Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.

Pachimari

I just need Jak & Daxter 1 running a solid 30fps with sub-native res. I'll do with that. It'll still be fantastic on a handheld.

rjc571

Banned
Like DKCR 3D, I'll be passing on this if they can't match the framerate of the original versions. Which is too bad, since like DKCR, the Jak trilogy contains some of the best platformers of all time and I'd kill to have a portable version that wasn't a massive downgrade.

Cornbread78

I saw this posted on Gamestop's site.... I might just have to bite on this one. But secretly I'm really hoping the new team ND is hiring is to make a new PS4 J&D...

Pachimari

Actually I'm starting to get suspicious as to why they are this silent 1-2 weeks before release. =/

Anyway, we're probably gonna ask Sony for a review copy.

Actually I'm starting to get suspicious as to why they are this silent 1-2 weeks before release. =/

Anyway, we're probably gonna ask Sony for a review copy.

It's Sony. If it isn't God of War, or a big 3rd party release with an exclusive DLC deal, they won't promote it in a big way. Look at Sly 4, PSASBR & Full Frontal Assault Vita.

Pachimari

It's Sony. If it isn't God of War, or a big 3rd party release with an exclusive DLC deal, they won't promote it in a big way. Look at Sly 4, PSASBR & Full Frontal Assault Vita.
Yeah, and Sly 4 had way long loading times for my taste, while Full Frontal Assault Vita really seem to have a very bad reputation - that's why I'm starting to get a bit worried.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I will have to pick this up.

I remember finding the screens of the first one in gaming mags really impressive and art wise great looking. Never played them for some reason though.

Hopefully it comes in native res and good frame rate.

Pachimari

I will have to pick this up.

I remember finding the screens of the first one in gaming mags really impressive and art wise great looking. Never played them for some reason though.

Hopefully it comes in native res and good frame rate.
Everything points to sub-native resolution.

Ridley327

I want to get this, but I'm really worried about it being a shitty port job

Do we actually know who is doing the port? You'd have to assume it's Mass Media Inc. again, due to them being the only guys out there with experience with working on Naughty Dog's funky code, but Sony being mum about it is not comforting.

Oshimai

What is the marketing team thinking when they put out a trailer with such an awful framerate? I really hope that's not how the game runs because I was looking forward to playing Jax and Daxter for the first time.

Pachimari

There's no previews; just a single screen from Twitter; one trailer and then über silence. It's worrisome but I hope for the best. This is one port I want to be the best it can be.

Pachimari

The Jak & Daxter HD Trilogy is playable at the E3 floor! And courtesy of Smash88 and his buddy from the PS Vita thread, we now have the first gameplay video of Jak II: Renegade running on the Vita!

Apparently the framerate should be fine and isn't anything like the Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault mess.

Thanks for setting it up. :D

---------------------------------------------------------

Jak & Daxter Collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWxg2y0Nwg

Only 6 days left guys!

rjc571

Banned
Pocketgamer review: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/The+Jak+and+Daxter+Trilogy/review.asp?c=51590

Where the PlayStation 3 version runs at a silky 60fps, the Vita outing has serious frame-rate issues. The second game runs fine and holds steady, the third occasionally dips, but the first is all over the place as the Vita struggles to render everything on-screen.

Ouch. And this also seems kind of backwards, considering that the first Jak game never dropped below 60 fps on PS2 while the latter two games had frequent drops. Maybe the 2nd and 3rd game are limited to 30 fps on the Vita while the first game attempts to run at 60 but often drops to 30? Can anyone who's played the Vita version care to comment?

Pachimari

Pocketgamer review: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/The+Jak+and+Daxter+Trilogy/review.asp?c=51590

Ouch. And this also seems kind of backwards, considering that the first Jak game never dropped below 60 fps on PS2 while the latter two games had frequent drops. Maybe the 2nd and 3rd game are limited to 30 fps on the Vita while the first game attempts to run at 60 but often drops to 30? Can anyone who's played the Vita version care to comment?

I thought the embargo were on the 18th.

Can't wait for my review copy.

meh, if it's anything like MGS2 on Vita, I can manage

Pachimari

And the controls feel wrong. Movement can be twitchy, and the commands that are assigned to the rear touch pad feel gimmicky and imprecise. When the platforming, shooting, and driving asks you to be very precise, the controls often let you down.

But they say its a good collection, just not the high end it could have been to attract new players.

Top Bottom