• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

abrack08

I'll go with whatever the group decides, but I'm also ok with just using this thread/PMs/PSN messages. Not sure how feasible that is

I'll go with whatever the group decides, but I'm also ok with just using this thread/PMs/PSN messages. Not sure how feasible that is

That should be feasible. I'm just worried about owners that aren't on Gaf nor the PSN app as often like people like myself are. The Facebook page/messenger service and GroupMe app is pretty instant. For now I guess we'll use this thread and such but I will most likely still setup a GroupMe account for the league for those whom want to use it. Sorry if it comes across like I'm over-thinking but I just want to cover all my bases to make sure things run smoothly.

Bacon

That should be feasible. I'm just worried about owners that aren't on Gaf nor the PSN app as often like people like myself are. The Facebook page/messenger service and GroupMe app is pretty instant. For now I guess we'll use this thread and such but I will most likely still setup a GroupMe account for the league for those whom want to use it. Sorry if it comes across like I'm over-thinking but I just want to cover all my bases to make sure things run smoothly.

I think its smart to have another avenue for communication, even if it just is used as a backup plan.

abrack08

Oh ok, I was thinking we were going to make it mandatory to use GroupMe. I don't think you're over-thinking things, it's good to have a faster form of communication, whether or not we have non-gaffers.

Oh ok, I was thinking we were going to make it mandatory to use GroupMe. I don't think you're over-thinking things, it's good to have a faster form of communication, whether or not we have non-gaffers.

One member of the league is a non Gafer but he is more then reliable and I know all of you guys will love playing against him. Very respectable dude. Him and myself are currently using GroupMe in his own league and it runs seamless. 90% of his league uses it without a hitch and from my experience using it I can say it's an easy stress free app. Man I can't wait to start this thing up.

Bacon

One member of the league is a non Gafer but he is more then reliable and I know all of you guys will love playing against him. Very respectable dude. Him and myself are currently using GroupMe in his own league and it runs seamless. 90% of his league uses it without a hitch and from my experience using it I can say it's an easy stress free app. Man I can't wait to start this thing up.

I'm good with groupme if thats what you want to go with. People will probably be more open to that rather than facebook where private details could be.

Fixed1979

Just put Groupme on my phone, pretty painless. I just used "GAF Fixed1979" as my username as it won't allow a one word name...looks like people can just use their facebook account to log in as well.

I'm still good with whatever.

Just put Groupme on my phone, pretty painless. I just used "GAF Fixed1979" as my username as it won't allow a one word name...looks like people can just use their facebook account to log in as well.

I'm still good with whatever.

NeoGaf Maddenheads. That's the name of the group I just created. For those who want in pm me and I will set you up.

No probs man... hopefully we can get a full league soon and more people joining the GroupMe page. I will be on later tonight at 11 est for those whom wanna get a game in or two for practice...

Bacon

Should be home from work around 5 pm est. if anyone wants to get some games in.

I haven't taken my talents online yet.

Played my first online game last night. It was an unranked game against WoolyNinja. I better get some more reps in so that I can understand the audible system more LOL!!! I wanna make a custom playbook as well but man there are just so much other stuff to do in this game LOL!!! I haven't completed the Skills Trainer yet either. So far I am loving the game though.

WoolyNinja

Yep, this game is great so far. The only negative I have is that sometimes the skills trainer forces me to throw to a certain receiver, but then that receiver is covered and so I fail that attempt no matter what I would've done. Luckily thats only happened a couple times.

Yep, this game is great so far. The only negative I have is that sometimes the skills trainer forces me to throw to a certain receiver, but then that receiver is covered and so I fail that attempt no matter what I would've done. Luckily thats only happened a couple times.

They do that so you can learn how to pass lead appropriately. They don't specifically in the drill but after about an hour of frustration in some of the exercises I tried pass leading (specifically on the Streaks drill) when they were covered and found the right angle to fit the ball in. I'm probably going to be up late finishing up the Skills Trainer tonight and trying the Gauntlet out before going into a few ranked games. Unless someone on here wants to play.

Please whomever sees this post re-read the rules thread. There has been some slight modifications in the thread in regard to the roster and also the owner/coach options.

Fixed1979

Please whomever sees this post re-read the rules thread. There has been some slight modifications in the thread in regard to the roster and also the owner/coach options.

I don't know too much about the owner/coach differences. Is there anything (that you didn't cover in the rules), that would give an advantage of being an owner?

I don't know too much about the owner/coach differences. Is there anything (that you didn't cover in the rules), that would give an advantage of being an owner?

If people decide to be an owner you have to create one anyways and stick with the coach currently on the team. If you wanna fire him after the first season that's up to you. If you decide to be a coach which I'm hoping most people do it's a level playing field in regards to xp awarded per task each week.

LegoDad

Owner lets you change everything that has to do with a franchise. A coach lets you deal with players only.

THE-JUV

I would love to join this league on PS4 if the 4 teams available and are still there and be the Rams.

PSN-ID is jussha I believe but will double check when I get home from work tonight

THE-JUV

does this game still allow franchise relocation and if so is it allowed in this league I couldn't find it anywhere in the rules in the first post. thanks!

Cigol

I wouldn't mind joining if there's any spaces left. I see Texans and chargers on the front page but not sure if it's updated yet. Either one is fine by me.

Top Bottom