• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't we just nuke ISIS, ISIL, whatever they're called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhelm

contribute something
Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States 1492 - Present"

That book is insane, just the first chapter on Christopher Columbus shocked me. Everything I learned about Columbus from grade school and on didn't once tell me in detail what this book described as the true story of Columbus discovering America. Brutal is one way to describe it.

Either OP is trolling or he thinks Arab lives are somehow less valuable then Taino lives.

Moppeh

Banned
Well... OP did say this in that Super Mega Ultra Orthodox Jew thread...

Religious people are the scariest people on the planet. Your basic armed robber is less scary than a religious person.

Are you against religion as a whole, OP? Kinda curious. 'Cuz I'm not a big fan of religion myself, but that doesn't make me want to nuke muslim extremists and mull over putting a jew in jail over a robber.

Also, how old are you?

trixx

Well... OP did say this in that Super Mega Ultra Orthodox Jew thread...

Are you against religion as a whole, OP? Kinda curious. 'Cuz I'm not a big fan of religion myself, but that doesn't make me want to nuke muslim extremists and mull over putting a jew in jail over a robber.

Also, how old are you?
Dude is warped. How do you literally summarize billions of people and make this claim. Trying to rationalize his prejudices.. and there's no explanation.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Rad camel spiders. I'd rather be nuked than live in a world where those exist.

1671331-spider_camel_Dubai.jpg

BlindRage

Lmao. Op, we really need to build a wall around the entire Middle East, put all the religious people inside, and then nuke em.

What about all of the innocent people that you'd kill by dropping a nuke?

My brain is seriously hurting after reading the OP and his replies.

Tenck

I've seen many documentaries where our US soldiers are in an area covered with traditional Muslim people in their garb and can't fire on them until fired upon...and sad thing is, they disguise themselves as civilians to attack our soldiers...and many of our soldiers from the documentaries have said they wish they could just get it over with and shoot them before they get shot.

Just sayin...

And here everyone is just saying you're an idiot.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I agree with the OP's brilliant plan. I would further suggest that the OP gets to ride the nuke down to the possible nuke site. If only for the incredible out-the-box thinking that will save everyone lots of headaches.

riding-the-bomb-o.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with the OP's brilliant plan. I would further suggest that the OP gets to ride the nuke down to the possible nuke site. If only for the incredible out-the-box thinking that will save everyone lots of headaches.

riding-the-bomb-o.gif

I agree, but only if the US gets an ex-Nazi doctor on their side.

well on the southern route below the red circle, I was thinking a line of napalm. ;) BURNN!
You're an idiot. Like there is literally nothing else to be said. Your opinions are worthless because you clearly have an idiotic thought process. You come off as a 17 year old that's desperate to be a psychopath.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Amusement, you mean. This shit is hilarious

No. I'm getting PM's from people and I do not want to be banned. I actually enjoy this website for the in-depth discussion of video games. Didn't think this would blow up like it did and get out of hand...

I mean for gods sakes, I saw a thread on "lets talk about farting" the other day....it's here in off-topic....I thought...why not say, just nuke the bastards...but apparently farting is much more intelligent to discuss.

so again...my apologies. If I could delete this thread I would have already done it...though in the advanced posting options I do not see such a thing.

rjinaz

DELETE.

My apologies. Sorry for any offense it might have garnered.

I'm actually glad you're being open with your feelings. Hopefully you learned something, maybe a bit more open-minded. Most people will only say such things to an audience that is like-minded.

Wait a second OP, don't go...! You are yet to learn empathy, and could well become a menace on the roads, or something similar! Fortunately for you, GAF is here to bless you with the moral judgement that you deserve... And need.

But don't bail out before it's even started.

Moppeh

Banned
You mean nuke?

No. I'm getting PM's from people and I do not want to be banned. I actually enjoy this website for the in-depth discussion of video games. Didn't think this would blow up like it did and get out of hand...

I mean for gods sakes, I saw a thread on "lets talk about farting" the other day....it's here in off-topic....I thought...why not say, just nuke the bastards...but apparently farting is much more intelligent to discuss.

so again...my apologies. If I could delete this thread I would have already done it...though in the advanced posting options I do not see such a thing.

Farting is also a lot less sensitive of a subject.

Also, a few pages back, didn't you say something along the lines of "napalm carpet bomb lol" or some shit? I accept that you wanted to create a legitimate discussion, but honestly, your approach to this thread hasn't really conveyed intelligence. Don't want to diss you OP, but next time, maybe you should mull things over a bit more before you make another thread like this.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

My farts are more intelligent than anything you've posted in this thread.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Didn't think this would blow up like it did and get out of hand...
Blow up like... a nuke?

Well, so long as you realize that suggesting to nuke anything is actually far dumber than talking about farts, yes. Hopefully you see why.

Suen

Come on m8. Which posters do you want to nuke? We're here to help you.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

"Hmm a thread about farts....

why that means a thread about killing masses of civilians and destroying a part of the planet fits right in here"

lol oh no. is "Possible nuke area?" gonna become a new meme

I'm not going to say something too harsh because I don't want to pile on too much...but you need to educate yourself.

Amir0x

Banned

Dude, I mean I don't see why you'd be banned. This thread just sounds like the musings of a younger dude who hasn't really thought all the angles through. Basically, a bit of cherubic naivety or something. It's all very funny and it's enjoyable to poke fun at how over the top the strategy of yours was, but I don't think you'd be banned man.

The problem isn't discussing nukes, by the way. It's that if you want a discussion you have to also accept the possibility that some people might find the opinion you gave a little absurd. It's the risk we take for making topics. Saying "Nuke 'em all" about anything just smells of not thinking things through, of overreaction. Someone who hasn't really taken the time to ponder the subject thoroughly. So, education is the best thing. We're all ignorant about some things :)

Yes, farting is literally a more intelligent discussion than saying we should nuke ISIS. I honestly think, despite everyone telling you otherwise, that you still think a nuke is a good idea. It's not.

OP are you seriously that dense to think that a thread where you suggest nuking an area of the world wouldn't backfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom