• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't we just nuke ISIS, ISIL, whatever they're called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Even when the giant bugs attack us and try to take our freedom away, I bet wussyGAF still won't support nuking them. something about killing innocent bugs or maybe them having mental health issues we should address instead.

For real. They'd probably say they were just refugees, trying to escape their dead husk of a planet for a chance at a better life on the United States of Earth.

PsychBat!

Banned
Not trolling, just trying to create a discussion. I realize our US military have the precision to strike ISIS where they are, but I'm just saying...launch all the missiles and get it over with. While there are still going to be isolated targets all over the world on their mission to get their 72 virgins, at least wipe the floor of them in the mean time.

Also, on the discussion of nukes...what would be wrong with an area of the middle east having a Chernobyl area? Especially if it's an area wide-spread with ISIS. I'm not saying ruin the farming lands of the innocent, but if push comes to shove and there's no other option...why not? What would be the effects outside of that area to the rest of the surroundings?

Also, on the US military documentaries, there's a scene where our guys are in a humvee doing a supply run from point A to B and they know half way through the run they come across people who are sketchy and they can't fire on them until they start the shooting...I've always thought the "do not fire until fired upon" defense is weak.
Are you sure you're not trolling?

rjinaz

BHHtvkJ.jpg

It really seems like you have no empathy towards people living in that region. It's like you see them all as enemies, or maybe not even human. You do know that there are millions of people there that are terrified of ISIS and that just want to get by in life and take care of their loved ones. They are no different from you or I. You know that right? Maybe spend some time reading about the culture and the people, the good people and not terrorists, of the region.

Norua

Banned
Hahahah, for your sake, I hope you are either 11 or trolling.
You're doing great with that "outside the box thinking," you should write to the Secretary of Defense and explain your elaborate plan.

what would be wrong with an area of the middle east having a Chernobyl area?

This guy.

Chariot

Jesus, TTUVAPOR. You're getting worse with each post. Do you even think of the consequences of firing a nuke? You can't just nuke hate.

nai

Vice had a pretty good episode on the effects of Soviet nuclear testing called "Genetic Passport". You should watch that.

Darknight

No because when the wrong people get in office, they will use that to get rid of anyone they dislike plus innocent people die.

Politics and global issues are complicated and not as simple as you think. Plus ISIS is more like an idea of that group. You kill that group, another takes their place with the same or similar idea.

Sounds effective, if a bit sociopathic. And downright amoral. And largely evil in every way. To be fair, that's like shooting a fly, rather than swatting it. Moral implications aside, it's hugely impractical and downright pointless. You can't 'nuke' an organisation spread far and wide throughout the Middle East. Bringing back the issue of morality, are you joking~? Or do you squash ants for pleasure?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't think I have read something so idiotic in the past few years as what the OP is posting right now. Are you high as shit or something*?

*something = a complete and utter idiot.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is this eagle... crying?

Welp, I'm convinced. Nuke the Middle East right now. That poor eagle...

xD

Also, on the US military documentaries, there's a scene where our guys are in a humvee doing a supply run from point A to B and they know half way through the run they come across people who are sketchy and they can't fire on them until they start the shooting...I've always thought the "do not fire until fired upon" defense is weak.
?!!!??!?
So you think they should fire upon anyone who looks sketchy?! What the... I don't.... what

What

rjinaz

His plan involves murdering millions of innocent people. I think if he's serious he's actually worse than ISIS

Still don't choose to believe he's serious though

Ha, I see people saying this a lot on these forums. I think maybe you're spending too much time on GAF. Visit most other forums on the internet and you will find people with this kind of viewpoint. I personally know people that think like this, I kid you not.

I do admire that you really want to believe people don't think this way, I wish it were so.

... I say, come to think of it, we should adopt this mentality a bit more often. Rather than using food packages and other forms of humanitarian aid to help cure poverty, we should just nuke any downtrodden, destitute areas! That'll eliminate the riff-raff, I say~! The serfs needn't bother us any longer, for if they do become a liability, we should just nuke them!

And if a manhunt is on in a poor area, then we should just nuke it in order to kill whoever we're searching for~! Oh, I slay me~ This nuking business knows no bounds, does it, my esteemed ladies and gentlemen~?

Rich!

Lead all of ISIS into an uninhabitable area and then nuke that. I dunno how you'd bait them...but that would work

I don't know what kind of uninhabitable area would be best though. Maybe Milton Keynes.

Because innocent people will die?

... Pretty sure that would happen anytime you try to use a nuke to kill large groups of people unless you're fighting space aliens or some shit.

To answer the op, IDK why we have nukes at this point. Most places that would warrant one in a fight would just try to nuke the US right after and "terrorist" normally mix in with non terrorist and shit so nuking them would just breed more people in the area who hate the US for fucking with them.

Amir0x

Banned
TUESDAY, 8:03PM, WASHINGTON D.C., THE OVAL OFFICE

TTUVAPOR, THE NEWLY ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, STANDS FACING THE WINDOW. MEMBERS OF HIS STAFF ARE SEATED AROUND THE ROOM.

RAYMOND GARRISON, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: "Sir, I've just got word... Boko Haram has kidnapped a dozen girls in the deep forests of Nigeria. These girls are as young as ten years old and are being forced to marry some of the men."

TTUVAPOR: "How horrible! Do you have any recommendations?"

RAYMOND GARRISON: "We're obviously giving any relevant intel we have from aerial drones and our satellites to the Nigerian government for use to track them down. From our perspective, I recommend a measured approach of limited aid to the Nigeria governme--"

TTUVAPOR: "Nuke them, Raymond."

RAYMOND GARRISON: "Sir, that seems like a really disproportionate response to this situation. May I suggest something a bit more... measured?"

TTUVAPOR: "Have you ever been to Chernobyl, Mr. Garrison?"

RAYMOND GARRISON: "Uh, no Mr. President. I can't say that I have."

TTUVAPOR: "Well, I haven't been there either. But my aids tell me it's quite nice there now. Sure, a few malformed animals here and there, but perfectly livable. A nuke would solve our problem. We can live with a few more Chernobyl's if it means saving those girls."

RAYMOND GARRISON: "But sir... you'd kill tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands more simply to save a mere dozen girls! Surely... surely that can't be America's approach?"

TTUVAPOR: "That's the problem with you Washington insiders. Never thinking outside the box. I've seen a documentary once, and I hear some of our own soldiers saying 'nuke them' adamantly, and you know what?"

RAYMOND GARRISON SIGHS DEEPLY

RAYMOND GARRISON: "What, sir?"

TTUVAPOR: "They're the ones who would have to fight these beeke haracha people, not you or I!"

RAYMOND GARRISON: "Boko Haram, sir."

TTUVAPOR: "I swear to fucking God I knew I should have appointed Ted Cruz as Secretary of Defense. Goddamned intellectuals..."

Ishida

Banned
TUESDAY, 8:03PM, WASHINGTON D.C., THE OVAL OFFICE

TTUVAPOR, THE NEWLY ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, STANDS FACING THE WINDOW. MEMBERS OF HIS STAFF ARE SEATED AROUND THE ROOM.

RAYMOND GARRISON, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: "Sir, I've just got word... Boko Haram has kidnapped a dozen girls in the deep forests of Nigeria. These girls are as young as ten years old and are being forced to marry some of the men."

TTUVAPOR: "How horrible! Do you have any recommendations?"

RAYMOND GARRISON: "We're obviously giving any relevant intel we have from aerial drones and our satellites to the Nigerian government for use to track them down. From our perspective, I recommend a measured approach of limited aid to the Nigeria governme--"

TTUVAPOR: "Nuke them, Raymond."

RAYMOND GARRISON: "Sir, that seems like a really disproportionate response to this situation. May I suggest something a bit more... measured?"

TTUVAPOR: "Have you ever been to Chernobyl, Mr. Garrison?"

RAYMOND GARRISON: "Uh, no Mr. President. I can't say that I have."

TTUVAPOR: "Well, I haven't been there either. But my aids tell me it's quite nice there now. Sure, a few malformed animals here and there, but perfectly livable. A nuke would solve our problem. We can live with a few more Chernobyl's if it means saving those girls."

RAYMOND GARRISON: "But sir... you'd kill tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands more simply to save a mere dozen girls! Surely... surely that can't be America's approach?"

TTUVAPOR: "That's the problem with you Washington insiders. Never thinking outside the box. I've seen a documentary once, and I hear some of our own soldiers saying 'nuke them' adamantly, and you know what?"

RAYMOND GARRISON SIGHS DEEPLY

RAYMOND GARRISON: "What, sir?"

TTUVAPOR: "They're the ones who would have to fight these beeke haracha people, not you or I!"

RAYMOND GARRISON: "Boko Haram, sir."

TTUVAPOR: "I swear to fucking God I knew I should have appointed Ted Cruz as Secretary of Defense. Goddamned intellectuals..."

WIN.

dalin80

Banned

While I see what you are trying to indicate it isn't quite accurate. The blast zone you show has a radius of 50 miles, the Tsar Bomba had a radius of 22 miles. The most powerful US nuke tested is a fraction of that size and nothing close to it is even in an arsenal anymore.

While it is nonsense, there are areas of yellow zone that could be nuked without the blast radius exceeding the boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom