• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Duderz said:
Maybe it's just my anticipation of the game getting to me, but i'm starting to think those that have been participating in the thread post their Wii numbers, so we can save oursleves the time and trouble for when the game comes out...

I'll start: 5704 8836 3937 5212
We don't even know if SSBB will use that number or have game-specific friend codes, though. >_>

dfyb

Banned
suprised i was the only one to point out the remote mine snake seems to have. i also think the remote mine may be what he threw into wario's mouth, and wario defuses anything he eats.

dfyb said:
suprised i was the only one to point out the remote mine snake seems to have. i also think the remote mine may be what he threw into wario's mouth, and wario defuses anything he eats.
That seems like it's going to be a great move for Wario. Wario is going to be insane. :D

crowphoenix said:
Love the fact that Yoshi reacts to being in the spotlight. I wonder what happens when you are in it.

This is just a bet but I really think that picture is posed, in the video Snake runs right through the light and a "!" pops up above his head but nothing happens to the characters themselves. It was probably just posed like that since Yoshi's taunt looks like his hands are up in the air. It's just like how Resetii probably doesn't actually put your characters to sleep, they were just posed for fun.

Course I could be dead wrong I guess...

Darkpen

Banned
dfyb said:
actually, I noticed that, but I didn't care enough to mention it.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I come to check new info on a cool game, and I find this.
SuperAngelo64 said:
Watch out Halo thread!
sad.

BTW, game is shaping up to be more than I could have ever hoped for.

BuddhaRockstar said:
This is just a bet but I really think that picture is posed, in the video Snake runs right through the light and a "!" pops up above his head but nothing happens to the characters themselves. It was probably just posed like that since Yoshi's taunt looks like his hands are up in the air. It's just like how Resetii probably doesn't actually put your characters to sleep, they were just posed for fun.

Course I could be dead wrong I guess...
Yeah the Yoshi pose is a taunt. But I think Resetti actually does put you to sleep with his long boring speech. :lol

Grecco said:
Doesnt Mario Strikers AND Metroid Prime 3 use the friend code listing from the Wii and not game specific codes?

Mario Strikers uses Mii-specific friend code, but Metroid Prime 3 uses the friend code of the console.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
GrimReaper said:
Mario Strikers uses Mii-specific friend code, but Metroid Prime 3 uses the friend code of the console.
Im assuming all of Nintendo's future online games will just use the codes from the system. Seems stupid and annoying not to.

I am going to rip off /v/ and do make up codec conversations about the other characters. TRY AND STOP ME.

Snake: So who's the guy with the sword?
Colonel: He's named Ike, Snake.
Snake: Ike, huh. He looks pretty strong, but not very smart.
Colonel: Whether or not he's smart isn't going to matter if he hits you with that sword.
Snake: Yeah. Looks like I better watch out for that.
Colonel: Have you ever tried wielding a sword before, Snake?
Snake: Let's just say they're not my style.

Snake: There's some guy in green here.
Otacon: Snake, that's...uhm...
Snake: Well? Who is it?
Otacon: I'm looking, Snake, but I see no data on this guy at all!
Snake: No data? How is that even possible?
Otacon: Oh, here's something. He's Mario's brother. That's all we know.
Snake: Hm. Have to appreciate someone so shrouded in mystery.

Mei Ling: Snake, don't hit that woman!
Snake: She's attacking me with a turnip! I have to fight back!
Mei Ling: Yeah, but she's the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. I can't even imagine how many secret service agents will be all over you if you attack her.
Snake: What on earth is a princess doing here?!
Mei Ling: Intel says she's looking for another castle.

Colonel: That's Captain Falcon, Snake.
Snake: Captain? Did he serve?
Colonel: No, he's a racer with the F-Zero circuit.
Snake: What on Earth is a racer doing here?
Colonel: He's also a bounty hunter. It seems he's looking for someone.
Snake: That doesn't make much sense, Colonel.
Colonel: Whatever you do, Snake, don't show him your moves.

Darkpen

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I am going to rip off /v/ and do make up codec conversations about the other characters. TRY AND STOP ME.

Colonel: Whether or not he's smart isn't going to matter if he hits you with that sword.

Mei Ling: Yeah, but she's the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. I can't even imagine how many secret service agents will be all over you if you attack her.

:lol :lol :lol

Those are all golden.

Jiggy37 said:
We don't even know if SSBB will use that number or have game-specific friend codes, though. >_>
Yes we do.

Wii System codes are sixteen digits.

Game codes are twelve.

wi-fi01_070918b-l.jpg

Grecco

ShockingAlberto said:

:lol those are really good.

Tim-E

Cyan said:
Nice.

So, if you're playing as Snake and lose all your lives on Shadow Moses, will you get a "Snake? SNAAAAAAAAKE?!"?

Because that would be awesome.

I imagine he'll let out the trademark "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" that he shouts whenever he dies in the MGS games.

Firestorm

Holy Order Sol said:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=opk8N52XaeA&NR=1

Unless this is a mere dash animation, it seems that wavedashing is in.

It's a roll.

Wavedashing doesn't have an animation like that (Snake puts his hand down and flips around the enemy and faces him).

Wavedashing is just you moving forward due to the momentum of an airdodge.

Jiggy37 said:
That's true, and would be very sad indeed. :( We need more ludicrously overstated personalities on GAF.

Just watch me if they ever reveal Sonic & Tails as one character. It will probably be after the game is released and considered a spoiler, so it'll be the post that has about 20 black lines.

XSX

I'm getting so pumped for snake.....I doubt I will play any other character more in brawl then snake....
other then mega-man

Darkpen

Banned
Cyan said:
Watch it again. The possible wavedash occurs right after the roll.
youtube commenter "MetaKnight0" said:
Actually this can happen in Melee.

Smash Attacks can be sliding if they are Down or Up Smashes. Tapping forward and then doing a dash-dancel to Smash (either jump or crounch cancel) causes this little effect on characters. That video is exactly what it looks like.

What this may indicate actually is that Snake's friction is average, which means that he could possibly wavedash well if the mechanic will still be in the game.

Firestorm

Cyan said:
Watch it again. The possible wavedash occurs right after the roll.

Oops my bad. Actually, that does look like a short wavedash. Although it could be a part of his f-smash. Or him doing a quick dash forward and cancelling it for a smash.

ant1532

Banned
I'm calling they are putting an official wave dash as part of the game given the news when they had the best of the Tourney players come in and help the team so they can make it appeal to both hardcore and new. I think thats how the footstool jump and tether came to be also.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I'm surprised we haven't had more discussion on our awesome sexy new stage!

A Smash stage with high walls on either side is very interesting. Especially if it takes quite a few hits to destroy them...

Also, notice the small platforms on the left and right in this screen:

stage13_071002a-l.jpg

Where did they go in this one?:

stage13_071002c-l.jpg

Either each one is destroyed with the walls (though I don't see debris from it in this screen), or maybe they move?

Firestorm

ant1532 said:
I'm calling they are putting an official wave dash as part of the game given the news when they had the best of the Tourney players come in and help the team so they can make it appeal to both hardcore and new. I think thats how the footstool jump and tether came to be also.

I asked about this before but where was this? I'd be basically jumping up and down going game of the forever (not that I'm not already, but more so) if I could get a source on this!

ant1532

Banned
Firestorm said:
I asked about this before but where was this? I'd be basically jumping up and down going game of the forever (not that I'm not already, but more so) if I could get a source on this!
I can't remember the written source since it was such a long time ago, but I know Shane from 1UP(could have been someone else but I remember him saying it I think) in 1UP Yours podcast sometime this year too.

dfyb

Banned
Firestorm said:
It's a roll.

Wavedashing doesn't have an animation like that (Snake puts his hand down and flips around the enemy and faces him).

Wavedashing is just you moving forward due to the momentum of an airdodge.
look after the roll, before the bazooka fire. the video even labels the roll you are talking about as a roll.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Just watch me if they ever reveal Sonic & Tails as one character. It will probably be after the game is released and considered a spoiler, so it'll be the post that has about 20 black lines.
Yeah, good luck there. >_> Tails will be an assist trophy... or a separate character, if they decided to go all-out with the roster. But most likely an assist trophy.

MrCheez said:
stage13_071002c-l.jpg

Either each one is destroyed with the walls (though I don't see debris from it in this screen), or maybe they move?

The destroying the walls thing reminds me of Jump Ultimate Stars, for anyone who's played that.

Darkpen

Banned
So I sent a PM earlier today to Mr. Payton regarding Snake's voice being peculiarly gruff, and I got a reply not too long ago, so I thought I'd share with the thread:

first PM by me said:
...Why does he sound like what I assume to be MGS4 Snake? I mean, I'm sure he was in a groove with that voice when recording because of MGS4, but shouldn't he have sounded more like MGS2 Snake? He sounds awfully scratchy, and I was wondering if you could address this question problem some hardcore fans are having with this, as far as canon is of concern, and if you would address it either on the Smash Bros thread, or perhaps on the KP report. Its awesome that Shinkawa did brand new portrait art for Snake (if he did do it and not by some art peon) based on his MGS2 outfit, but the voice is peculiar.

Having recently started up MGS2 (for the hell of it) myself, its a little troubling, but its not like it's going to stop me from enjoying the character when Brawl comes out or anything like that.

novery said:
Don't know what to tell you, man. I chose not to be involved in the Smash Bros. project.

From what I hear, there are some good Snake lines in the game. But I guess you and I will both find out in December!

rp

:|

I have to think, if I were working on a game and someone sent me an e-mail asking me why the voice is too gruff, I might just put my face in my hands and cry myself to sleep.

john tv

OMG at those codecs -- those are priceless :lol

The one about Yoshi was brilliant, but still, hearing Colonel Campbell talking about farts is incredibly awesome. :lol

Jiggy

Predicting the crawling mechanic... ...will not be shown tonight, because doing that as a follow-up to more Metal Gear content would be too logical for the Dojo.

New Legend of Zelda item, the Spinner. Captain Falcon profile is my runner-up prediction, but I expect they're saving that for Friday to close out the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom