• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT we laugh at posters who have been caught lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Nekofrog said:
Anyone who posted screenshost and "previews/reviews" of games with a pirated copy, and when called on it tried to play the "GAMING JOURNALIST" card.

They usually don't last too long.

Most games are embargo'd like crazy anyway. I don't know why anybody would bother. 's not worth a cushy job to leak info - what do you get outta it, internet fame?

Al-ibn Kermit

years ago on gaf, I remember there was some back and forth flamewar over project gotham racing 3 right around the time of the 360 launch and one person brought out a screenshot of the track and scenery that they took in the replay mode and said it's essentially totally realistic and nobody can point out any flaws.

Another poster took the bait and said there were tons of jaggies, turns out it was actually a real world picture.

Another incident was when somebody was bragging about banging some girl. He even posted a picture of her holding a piece of paper with "lol gaf" or something written on it. Then what happens is that the poster catfish I think finds a bunch of pictures of the model online and they determine that the picture with her holding the piece of paper was just photoshop.

bengraven

You should be careful of many of the banned members anyway, since some of them, especially the ones who have found cushy homes in the Bad Forums, like to post here and troll on purpose. Hell, half the blatant trolling I've seen in the last couple years I just assume is one of the original trolls who are using an alt account and then they turn around, screenshot it, and post the screens of trolling GAF on the other forums, getting high fives from their equally trolly friends there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bengraven said:
You should be careful of many of the banned members anyway, since some of them, especially the ones who have found cushy homes in the Bad Forums, like to post here and troll on purpose. Hell, half the blatant trolling I've seen in the last couple years I just assume is one of the original trolls who are using an alt account and then they turn around, screenshot it, and post the screens of trolling GAF on the other forums, getting high fives from their equally trolly friends there.
Oh I'm so afraid of someone rejected from the community displaying their knownst superiority by trolling to gain acceptance from their newfound community of rejects and their short attention span. Can't live life fearing you will be defamed on 4chan because you got trolled by some lowlife.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
bengraven said:

Does this really happen? What's their board? Might be fun to read for shits and giggles. Why don't we go over there and troll them? There's way more of us :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Spokeys said:
I fucking loved the whole olimario's pictures of his girlie nude getting leaked.

Many laughs were had that day.
that was great, I got the pics and posted in that thread 'I HAVE THEM AND WILL PM TO ALL THAT WANT' I then did so. A lot of people wanted em.

Zozobra

Jedeye Sniv said:
Page 1. Read it.

My post. Read it.

This was a separate incident from the one Kinyou posted. Same poster, same forgetting to log into his alt account to quote his own post.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
evil solrac v3.0 said:
deadmeat was one of the best indeed. but Futami is the father of them all.

edit:

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that other-Age that split off during the great GAF Schism?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
unless this thread contains kitsune ...then its a complete fail.

Might throw some Mina, Opa, futami etc... for good measure too

ps futami is real i met him at a bar in boston one night

GashPrex said:
Might throw some Mina, Opa, futami etc... for good measure too

ps futami is real i met him at a bar in boston one night
Doesn't that stuff go way back to before the "Neo" was in "NeoGAF"?

There was someone--Shadow something? Shadow Experiment? Sorry if I'm blaming the wrong person. White Man would know, since he was complicit in the fraud--who made a "Got me a Baby Mama" thread which turned out to be totally faked. It was the typical White Knights vs. Women are Bitches argument you would expect, and it taught me to be very skeptical of similar GAF threads.

Zozz

Banned
Love reading pure lies that get exposed, thanks for all the laughs from your pathetic meaningless lives. I'm off to bang some bitches in my suite.

I know that Denis Dyack got banned over something related to Too Human, but I don't know why. Does anyone know which thread caused it?

And on a related note, Captain Glanton (who was the OP of perhaps the most important neogaf thread at the time) erased his important posts and left GAF over this. If his meltdown didn't occur in the same thread that got Dyack banned can someone post that too? Thanks!

G-Fex

Bungalow Bob said:
I know that Denis Dyack got banned over something related to Too Human, but I don't know why. Does anyone know which thread caused it?

And on a related note, Captain Glanton (who was the OP of perhaps the most important neogaf thread at the time) erased his important posts and left GAF over this. If his meltdown didn't occur in the same thread that got Dyack banned can someone post that too? Thanks!

Dyack was more of a instigator I think.

I don't remember but I'm sure I lied a ton.

I lied about spending last Christmas alone but didn't have the courage to come clean since a lot of people were having so much fun in the forever alone thread.

I also lied about being bald. I just look sexy this way so I keep it short.

:'(

I remember a thread where a dude with a goomba avatar claimed that the girl across the street was checking him out and saying hi. The thread escalated from badly drawn MS Paint diagrams to photos of him with the girl... that turned out to be fake. The guy in the photos was just a little too toned and too good looking to match up to the way this guy posted and sure enough, he'd stolen a stock photo from somewhere.

Also, Costanza's half-Japanese girl was a figment of a sad and lonely imagination (he admitted to being a joke character on another forum). It still pisses me off that I gave him ernest advice and good wishes in spite of his entitled attitude and his trolling. >:-(

Amandainswoo was also a joke character who would post threads filled with pictures of "herself" and was an attention-whoring OT sensation. I think "she" got banned though when one of the mods called "her" out and demanded that "she" provide proof that "she" was a real person. Some of those threads were fun, I suppose. I think I grossed out some dude with a foot fetish by spamming pictures of my own manky feet.

MisterHero

G-Fex said:
Dyack was more of a instigator I think.

I don't remember but I'm sure I lied a ton.
Dyack was blaming gamer communities like GAF for his own overhyping and failure to deliver regarding Too Human

Zozobra said:
I swear there was another incident in which Timber had a fail similar to this, which ended up completely derailing the thread. Something along the lines of making a "joke" and then a few posts later quoting his own "joke" with an "OMG, lol"-type response... wish I could remember what the original topic was. Naturally, after being called out, there were no further posts from him in the thread.

Yeah it was this one about Cher

21cdzti.png

Enjoy :)

WedgeX

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I remember a thread where a dude with a goomba avatar claimed that the girl across the street was checking him out and saying hi. The thread escalated from badly drawn MS Paint diagrams to photos of him with the girl... that turned out to be fake. The guy in the photos was just a little too toned and too good looking to match up to the way this guy posted and sure enough, he'd stolen a stock photo from somewhere.

Even though it was fake, the paint diagrams were hilarious. I have enjoyed threads, fake or not, all the more since then if they are documented via ms paint.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
shagg_187 said:
Careful. Hate is a strong word especially when he still posts here using an alt account...
What's he going to do? Lie me to death?

Edit: I remember a somewhat recent thread where this guy was bragging about his ex still wanting him and how they went to a movie and she left but then texted she wanted to come back and have sex. The OP wrote shit like "she started stroking my dick(huge)". Anyway, someone edited it and changed all the bigs to smalls and made it sound like he was crying due to his tiny penis.

onken

There was that guy just recently who claimed he owned pro-clans at CS using all the shitty weapons. When asked who these so-called pro clans were or who he was the embarrassing dodging began until eventually he just stopped posting in the thread.

e~ here it is 109 onwards
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423832

There's also one guy that's got a title something like lying about games he never played, don't know the story behind it though.

smurfx

get some go again
i just remembered one i think happened here. didn't some guy one time invite a bunch of gaf people to some bar and promised to pay for the tab and ended up not coming in the end and stiffed the gaf members?

Salazar

smurfx said:
i just remembered one i think happened here. didn't some guy one time invite a bunch of gaf people to some bar and promised to pay for the tab and ended up not coming in the end and stiffed the gaf members?

An Australian.

It's a good thing AUS-GAF is so badass.

NoRéN

Nekofrog said:
Is anyone else amazed at the sheer number of banned users in old threads like that?
I was thinking that too. Is it just a part of life on GAF? Everyone gets banned at least once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom