• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default - producer interview about genres, localization, social RPGing, etc.

basedlydefaultx9bjq.png

It probably won't last long.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Been playing for 16 hours now and great game. Seriously this is what final fantasy should be. Not the bullshit we have been getting from Nomura & friends.

Working on getting the next job for my characters to mess with.

As usual am nuking my way through enemies with the monk. But at the same time using the merchant class to gain a ton of cash with the "rip off" skill + money drop bonus. All while stealing items at the same time.

Was pleasantly surprised and about time they add in a merchant type of class. With its odd skill set it works quite well along side of the thief class. Then throw in a knight to the party for good measure as the thief and merchant dont absorb damage too well.

Been playing for 16 hours now and great game. Seriously this is what final fantasy should be. Not the bullshit we have been getting from Nomura & friends.

As usual am nuking my way through enemies with the monk. But at the same time using the merchant class to gain a ton of cash with the "rip off" skill + money drop bonus. All while stealing items at the same time.

Was pleasantly surprised and about time they add in a merchant type of class. With its odd skill set it works quite well along side of the thief class. Then throw in a knight to the party for good measure as the thief and merchant dont absorb damage too well.

How's the worldmap? Any FFIX-vibe?

zroid

Banned

all of my hype

Parakeetman

How's the worldmap? Any FFIX-vibe?

Right now Ive only traveled to 2 locations. With how the story goes, there is a reason why you cant exactly travel as freely at start. Well you can, but finding places to land is another story. As the Airship cant land on solid ground. It needs to land in a body of water, then there be a location such as a beach or dock where you disembark from.

I didnt bother to fly around the world without any real cause at the moment, you can though if you want. The world map is what you would expect of a traditional "FF" style game.

Boney

Banned
300px-PartyMerchant.png

Parakeetman

Oh yeah forgot about those in the warriors of light game. Another great game. With a lot of style. Fantastic characters too.

Am glad that they did away with that gem system though. Since as "amusing" as it was, really was more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Right now Ive only traveled to 2 locations. With how the story goes, there is a reason why you cant exactly travel as freely at start. Well you can, but finding places to land is another story. As the Airship cant land on solid ground. It needs to land in a body of water, then there be a location such as a beach or dock where you disembark from.

I didnt bother to fly around the world without any real cause at the moment, you can though if you want. The world map is what you would expect of a traditional "FF" style game.

That's what I like! And the story?

Parakeetman

That's what I like! And the story?

The story is quite good along with the character interaction. Should be in for a memorable experience I hope.

This game does seem to be designed for a portable console and it shows with the general dungeon design and world map. Its not a bad thing, but its something for folks to keep in mind.

Famassu

It's really idiotic to be so against Nomura, shows you really don't know anything about him at all. We haven't gotten any Nomura FFs yet apart from him doing character designs for many years now (other than FFVII, and even then he only had a part in coming up with the first draft of the story). Nomura is a really great guy (he doesn't deserve any of the hate ignorant stupid people have against him) and he's one of the best things to happen to Square. He's been in the background of many of the best Square Enix games in recent years (games like TWEWY, KH BBS, Dissidia, Theatrhythm etc.), pushing for projects, giving creative advice, giving space for new talent and the like. It's stupid to hate him just because you don't like his drawing style or something equally idiotic.

My god this game is so fucking beautiful and it looks so much better in 3D than 2D, in my opinion.
The music is great. The learning curve (for me, at least) is smooth. The story and characters are grounded but fantastic.

jae

I'm about 13 hours in. Just unlocked the Valkyrie class. This it the first game in a long time that I can't put down. The difficulty did spike up a bit suddenly, but it has been a good curve since then. For me it was right around the time of the first side quest, but I could just be bad at the game. Ranger & Summoner have replaced Monk for the best DDs on my team now.

It's interesting how they handle the trials to gain new summons.
Instead of having to fight and defeat them you just have to survive getting hit by their big attack. I was totally unprepared for this the first time, I only had Agnes left with like 10 HP but the fight ended and I got the summon.

Only got one new town person out of my daily Net Friend search. My town is starting to fall behind :(

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm about 13 hours in. Just unlocked the Valkyrie class. This it the first game in a long time that I can't put down. The difficulty did spike up a bit suddenly, but it has been a good curve since then. For me it was right around the time of the first side quest, but I could just be bad at the game. Ranger & Summoner have replaced Monk for the best DDs on my team now.

It's interesting how they handle the trials to gain new summons.
Instead of having to fight and defeat them you just have to survive getting hit by their big attack. I was totally unprepared for this the first time, I only had Agnes left with like 10 HP but the fight ended and I got the summon.

Only got one new town person out of my daily Net Friend search. My town is starting to fall behind :(

So learning summons works like the Blue Mage way of obtaining stuff huh?

Parakeetman

Finally got the last area of the town open and finished the building there. Now am working on leveling up the rest of the areas. Esp the weapon / armor. Since really do need some better gear. The current stuff Ive already gotten from the lv 5 versions is outdated as is. Seems like lv 10 is the max lv for all the buildings in the town.

Just got the magic swordsman and time mage classes. Been spending a lot of time leveling up the characters / jobs for a while plus earning $$$ to buy the more unique town unlocked weapons.

Still cant figure out how to unlock that special costume for Anies. As the game didnt seem to come with any special code for it brand new. Inside was just the flimsy folded paper "manual" with the AR pic on the back, SQEX members # and Club Nintendo #. Store I had picked it up from didnt even have any special CD with the game. Which makes me wonder if its due to just not all stores getting it or if the part timer there screwed up again. Which has happened before in the past. confirmed that there was no first print bonus materials, from below and net info.

Interesting seems to be "sold out" on amazon.jp for Amazon as the main seller. Next shipment is on the 15th it says. Thats good news I suppose shows the game sold.

Still cant figure out how to unlock that special costume for Anies. As the game didnt seem to come with any special code for it brand new. Inside was just the flimsy folded paper "manual" with the AR pic on the back, SQEX members # and Club Nintendo #. Store I had picked it up from didnt even have any special CD with the game. Which makes me wonder if its due to just not all stores getting it or if the part timer there screwed up again. Which has happened before in the past.

No CD comes with the game.

Parakeetman

No CD comes with the game.

Yeah after doing searching seems like someone was posting bullshit stating that the limited first print sound track was what came with the game.

Which isnt the case with it being 3000 yen.

Am currently looking around the JP sites for info in regards to whats up with the extra Anies costume. So far no luck with that but still searching.

Parakeetman

argh double post.

in anyways yeah that CD seems to be on backorder currently will take 5-10 days for it to ship is what amazon is saying. Went and ordered one, since this game really does have good music.

Yeah after doing searching seems like someone was posting bullshit stating that the limited first print sound track was what came with the game.

Which isnt the case with it being 3000 yen.

Am currently looking around the JP sites for info in regards to whats up with the extra Anies costume. So far no luck with that but still searching.

Does this help?
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/chinjuhunter/23980061.html

edit: The OST serial code will get you the "Look-like-a-Freelancer-no-matter-what-class-you-are" DLC if you were wondering.

Parakeetman

Does this help?
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/chinjuhunter/23980061.html

edit: The OST serial code will get you the "Look-like-a-Freelancer-no-matter-what-class-you-are" DLC if you were wondering.
Thanks for that link. After checking through it, its pretty much what Ive already gone through with all the steps and such. Gotten the dengeki item, the onion knight clothes and the other items from achievements. Just the Anies stuff seems to be missing for some reason. Its not in the item DL history either. Everything has been registered as the general instructions on the main site gave. Which is odd that I did not receive the special outfit... hmmm

Yeah Ive already seen the list of what comes with what. The official site has it all listed.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/bdff/#/top/bonus

The lack of a new costume for Idea makes me sad. D:

I see these achievements are separate, so...

「ブレイブリーデフォルト メンバーズサイト」へブレイブリーコードを登録した。
ハイポーション

『ブレイブリーデフォルト』に封入されているシリアルコードを登録した。
アニエス専用装備「正教騎士の服」

There's a "Bravely Code" and an "enclosed serial code". The Bravely Code is in-game. The "enclosed serial code" must be on paper? I can't really help before I try it for myself (._. )

The lack of a new costume for Idea makes me sad. D:

That's what future promo campaigns are for :/

Parakeetman

I see these achievements are separate, so...

There's a "Bravely Code" and an "enclosed serial code". The Bravely Code is in-game. The "enclosed serial code" must be on paper? I can't really help before I try it for myself (._. )

That's what future promo campaigns are for :/

There is no enclosed code as I had stated. Just the standard Club Nintendo and SQEX Members codes. The folded paper that they call a manual didnt have anything written on it either. Along with the backside of the game cover sleeve. The last thing which Im checking now is on the cart itself. Which would be odd, but will see. Am stuck in a story scene so need to get past this to save and take it out. Very odd that there does not seem to be something more obvious stuck in the packaging. Unless it fell out, which dont think happened considering I took the manual out for the AR code on my desk and would have seen if any extra paper did indeed come loose.

*Checked* hmm dont see anything that looks like a legit serial code on the cartridge itself. Will try it anyways and see what happens

They already have costumes for everyone but Idea. D:

Parakeetman

That. Register that.

Thanks! Will try that now give me a sec. How odd that you had to look on the estore for that info and it was not on the main product page with the extras list. I usually wind up never using these codes since for the most part never had any real reason to mess with the SQEX members stuff.

Managed to get it, thanks again for the info. The accessory is something I can already make in my town lol, the one that grants a higher chance to have a first attack.

You would think that they would have put a sticker on the package letting folks know about the special costume DL and how to claim it.

Interesting though now learned something new about the SQEX codes. That they can be made specifically for a game even if its not stated on the piece of paper itself. Had always just assumed they were just something to claim points from similar to the club nintendo stuff. Never though the high possibility that the randomized codes could be created for a specific product for things like this.

Parakeetman

Thats good to hear. Hopefully that and twitter traffic will increase showing at least those watching the numbers that there is a desire for it to come out in the west.

Register that. It should also give you enough points to buy a BD costume for your SE Members avatar, which is another achievement. You get a decent accessory for it, so it's worth it.

I can get points like that by buying S-E games on Vita too, right? I've got Xenogears and Vagrant Story downloaded, those must be 20 points each.

edit: yep, 20 points each

NmQTAl.jpg

it's 50 points for the ps1 FFs

Top Bottom