• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts versus Battlefield 4 Screenshot Thread: Serious Grafix

Hellix

Random multiplayer
F1PXykR.png

The barrels look out of place on this map.

VXLbeast

I'm pretty sure you can. The gameplay I saw of a round on that map sure made it look like it.

If that is true, then the return of interesting map design is the most exciting thing anybody could tell me about this game. Haven't bought a CoD since WaW, and this probably won't convince me, but shots of maps like that make me give this game a little more respect than I had been previously.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Shows what you can do with some decent textures + high resolution even if the engine isn't the newest aka CoD.

Hypron

The fact that the cars, the gun or the people don't react to the water in this is really off putting. They seem to be static objects not reacting to anything. There is enough wind to move the sign yet the cars or the people are staying perfectly still. It wouldn't bother me at all if the game didn't look so good.

That's not exactly how it works. It really depends on the shape of the object, the wind speed and its direction. An object can vibrate at low wind speeds it hasn't been designed properly, while an object right next to it might not start vibrating until the flow reaches velocities that are much higher.

On topic though, both games look good to me. Battlefield looks better but COD's graphics are very good too. I'm a sucker for good IQ though, I'll find pretty much any game good looking as long as it has good IQ and graphics that are half decent :p

legacyzero

Banned
I'm not down with that movement speed, though. Seems with every new iteration, the characters move even faster. That shit is ridiculous.

Fucking twitch shooters.

legacyzero

Banned
Pics, like just random screenshots of the maps, the layout or?

TBH, I had no idea that castle map was even in the game. (show's how much attention I've been giving this game.) So I can only imagine the other maps in the game. Or is it just a one off awesome map. So, I think just screens of the maps.

Demon Ice

Banned
I will admit that Ghosts is looking better than I expected it to on PC, thanks to the clean IQ and very sharp textures.

That said, BF4 looks like a generational leap ahead of CoD. That lighting is just unbelievable. CoD looks flat in comparison.

VXLbeast

Pics, like just random screenshots of the maps, the layout or?

Sounds like too much work.

Maybe highlight a map or two you think is cool? That castle map changed my outlook, and apparently other's, on the possibility of fun being had in the multiplayer.

Cutebrute

And to think we have been shitting on Ghosts for 6 months straight, only to reconsider our opinions at the 11th hour.

Ghosts does look pretty good at times. It is still inconsistent and the campaign still looks boring as all heck. I will end up buying it anyway, as I have done with every previous CoD.

scitek

All of the Call of Duty games dating back to 4 have looked significantly better on PC. I'm not surprised at all.

Leb

I feel like the level design and art direction aren't actually all that terrible, it's just that the engine isn't remotely up to the task.

And actually, the space stuff looks reasonably impressive.

Xanadu

Banned
so how much better does this look compared to black ops 2 maxed out? i never played black ops 2 only saw screens

Top Bottom