• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Router said:
Forza 3 - DP Edition.

29m0dvp.gif

:lol

Absinthe

Down she goes...

Thread just took a drastic turn didn it.

edit: game looks amazing btw, comparisons shots show just how far they've come.

mujun

SniperWolf said:
no 80 is not fine for 60 $ game

I played NFSMW and absolutely loved it. It only had 50 cars or so from memory.

Surely there are more factors to think about than just how many cars are in a game when deciding whether it's worth $60 or not.

Chichikov

SniperWolf said:
SniperWolf is a female character and i get that a lot
Sure you are.
Nothing say "female" like a flaming fanboy named after an obscure video game character on a gaming forum.

You are entertaining, I'll give you that.

thejared

for the fella saying the tail"lights" are fine...this car here has some very distinctive looking tails, and forza seems to create an aborted version of them. problem was worse on forza 2's G35. I'm just hoping they can take notice and fix before launch.

forza 3 version:

FM3_G37.jpg

Gran Turismo 5:

gt-g37-aero-rr-02.jpg

Reality:

2008-infiniti-g37-rear-taillight-close-up-badges.jpg

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
The tail lights are fine.

The angle of our G37 screenshot doesn't show the individual LEDs but if I showed you another screenshot, you'd see them just fine.

Whoopie. Good times.

thejared said:
for the fella saying the tail"lights" are fine...this car here has some very distinctive looking tails, and forza seems to create an aborted version of them. problem was worse on forza 2's G35. I'm just hoping they can take notice and fix before launch.

forza 3 version:

FM3_G37.jpg

Gran Turismo 5:

gt-g37-aero-rr-02.jpg

Reality:

Tail lights are modeled accurately. You can clearly see them in this pic:http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3971/fm3infinitig371.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
thejared said:

forza 3 version:

FM3_G37.jpg

Gran Turismo 5:

gt-g37-aero-rr-02.jpg

Reality:

you mean these?

FM3
znoo0h.jpg

What is wrong with them again?

-edit

wow the amount of trolling on this topic is mind boggling.

thejared

why do the LED's all look connected, they should be individual. or are you using the same technique as forza 2?

the g35 in forza 2 had the LED's made up of these square pink overlays with a dot in the middle, it was horrendous. and when you hit the brakes the whole pink square would light up.

there we go...

infinity.jpg

thejared

Slayer-33 said:
you mean these?

FM3
znoo0h.jpg

What is wrong with them again?

-edit

wow the amount of trolling on this topic is mind boggling.

umm whats wrong with them? look at the shot of GT5, then look at Reality, ok....now look at the forza shot you posted... in what dimension does forzas version look like an accurate representation of the car or heck how does it even look like an accurate re-creation of what light should look like.

DogWelder

thejared said:
umm whats wrong with them? look at the shot of GT5, then look at Reality, ok....now look at the forza shot you posted... in what dimension does forzas version look like an accurate representation of the car or heck how does it even look like an accurate re-creation of what light should look like.
Hey why did you ignore the PM I sent you? :(

I dunno.

When I'm finessing the accelerator through a tight radius, I think, "But are the tailights accurate?"

And dicks. Turn 10, 2 dicks, and a microphone. Holla!

Chrange

Banned
If you buy three copies to do the three-screen setup, that's SIX dicks.

That's an insane amount of dicks.

Okay...probably not for her

<-----

thejared said:

Wow.....just, wow.

Lebron

wonderkins said:
I dunno.

When I'm finessing the accelerator through a tight radius, I think, "But are the tailights accurate?"

And dicks. Turn 10, 2 dicks, and a microphone. Holla!
Actually you're right. How can I expect to pull off my last minute move during the last lap on the final turn with my taillights looking unrealistic? It just ruins the game. Now everytime I close my eyes I will see them. Those unrealistic taillights. Mocking me with their cruel indifference. Man...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
thejared said:

They are called angles

Like you put it..

"Reality"________________________________&___________________________________FM3
xofqmt.jpg
-
ig9849.jpg

still not the exact angle or lighting, one is off the other is on

so whats your point again?

You don't want to see what you see, there is nothing that would satisfy your incredulous ass until che posts an exact angle screenshot.

Chrange said:
If you buy three copies to do the three-screen setup, that's SIX dicks.

That's an insane amount of dicks.

Okay...probably not for her
...BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

ACT NOW AND WE'LL DOUBLE THE NUMBER OF DICKS. THAT'S 12 DICKS FOR THE PRICE OF 6

CALL NOW. OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY.

chris0701

chespace said:
The tail lights are fine.

The angle of our G37 screenshot doesn't show the individual LEDs but if I showed you another screenshot, you'd see them just fine.

Whoopie. Good times.

Great efforts on car modeling & improved lighting.

However,the background could be better than FM2:) Hope you awesome guys in Turn 10 coud make it :)

Top Bottom