• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power July Preview Sonic Colors, De Blob: Underground

WillyFive

Glass Soldier said:
Can't we keep the Sonic discussion in the other thread? This is like watching two Sonic cycles eventually collide, forming a black hole from which Yuji Naka will rise to announce Shadow The Hedgehog 2. Stop it already.

That would actually be huger than the announcement of Sonic 4 ever was. :lol

Dascu

Sagitario said:
Is it just me or does de Blob 2 looks way better than than the first?
Looks marginally better, if you ask me.

Draw distance is still awful. :lol Rest of the game looks nice though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sagitario said:
Is it just me or does de Blob 2 looks way better than than the first?
Dunno, the "more linear" comment makes me wary, because I liked the wide open expanses of the first game. I wish that GS preview had some actual video, as opposed to just an interview.

Watching now...

EDIT: Oh good, there is video footage. But the PS360 and Wii versions had better not be different. At all.

The_Technomancer said:
Dunno, the "more linear" comment makes me wary, because I liked the wide open expanses of the first game. I wish that GS preview had some actual video, as opposed to just an interview.

Watching now...

EDIT: Oh good, there is video footage. But the PS360 and Wii versions had better not be different. At all.

The interview says they're all the same.
Which is silly.
Not sure what they're expecting the game to do on the PS3/360.

Dascu

HD and better draw distance would already help the game out a bit. Speaking of high resolution, does anyone have any shots of the original emulated in Dolphin?

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
AceBandage said:
The interview says they're all the same.
Which is silly.
Not sure what they're expecting the game to do on the PS3/360.

Have we ever had Wii games "upscaled" for PS360, to be launched at the same time?
I think N'Gai Croal talked about such possibility for developers, but I think I did never see it actually happening.

Sir Johnny said:
Have we ever had Wii games "upscaled" for PS360, to be launched at the same time?
I think N'Gai Croal talked about such possibility for developers, but I think I did never see it actually happening.

I think one of the Harry Potter games was made on the Wii and upscaled to the 360/PS3.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Dascu said:
HD and better draw distance would already help the game out a bit. Speaking of high resolution, does anyone have any shots of the original emulated in Dolphin?
I would like to see that as well. Every screenshot looks like ass, but I think the game is rather good looking in motion.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Dascu said:
Pretty much the only benefits the game can get are like, better resolution, better draw and better AA. The game's clean and colorful artstyle doesn't really benefit from higher-res textures or a higher poly count that much.

Dascu

The_Technomancer said:
Pretty much the only benefits the game can get are like, better resolution, better draw and better AA. The game's clean and colorful artstyle doesn't really benefit from higher-res textures or a higher poly count that much.
Kind of my point. The game would look pretty good on the other two consoles with a bump in resolution and draw distance. All the rest doesn't really need to be redone.

Boogiepop

Just got this in today and flipped through it. Sonic Colors looks pretty cool from the screenshots. Anyone want any info from the issue?

Shiggy

That's quite an achievement. Making the sequel look worse than the original de Blob on Wii :/
Oh well, and the time limit is back...

Sorry, the first game was enough, I don't think de Blob needs a sequel.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Shiggy said:
Then the screenshots have an extremly bad quality.
Gamestop has terrible screenshots usually and de Blob had terrible screenshots in general. If you click on the link the Gamestop's video interview, there is some footage in there.

Here's a screenshot from the original.
941981_20081014_790screen004.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Nabs said:
whats the word on the save system?
If they did not fix it that would be INCREDIBLY stupid and they are bad developers. That and the jump motion were the two things that people HATED about the first game. My biggest gripe was definitely the save system.

Boogiepop

MiniDitka said:
Madden 11 info please :D
Sure thing. Their preview focuses primarily on the Franchise mode, mentioning how it "returns to the forefront," discussing how they made everything more visual, showing various facilities on your team's campus in place of menus, and how the objective is now to build your team's legacy until it's considered the greatest franchise of all time, with your progress being tracked via performance, fan support, and finance. They also mention how you have assistant to offer advice and update you on progress, as well as coming to you with special scenarios such as a player showing up late for practice, allowing you the choice to hit them with, say, a fine or a warning. They also mention a simplification of the draft process into four stages, the Gameflow feature which has the AI choosing your plays for you, which you can turn off at any time, and the graphics being updated particularly in regards to inclement weather (water splashing beneath players feet, jersey's getting covered with mud, etc.)
Not familiar with the franchise myself, so I just summed up what they said pretty much, so sorry if there's useless info in there.
Edit: Also, NP seems to have added some new features to the magazine, with a new "Star Power" section that focuses on one particular character each month (with Yoshi being the first), a "Collector's Corner" that shows off videogame-related merchandise, and "The Score," a collection of results from polls off their website. Kinda neat.

MiniDitka

Mank said:
Sure thing. Their preview focuses primarily on the Franchise mode, mentioning how it "returns to the forefront," discussing how they made everything more visual, showing various facilities on your team's campus in place of menus, and how the objective is now to build your team's legacy until it's considered the greatest franchise of all time, with your progress being tracked via performance, fan support, and finance. They also mention how you have assistant to offer advice and update you on progress, as well as coming to you with special scenarios such as a player showing up late for practice, allowing you the choice to hit them with, say, a fine or a warning. They also mention a simplification of the draft process into four stages, the Gameflow feature which has the AI choosing your plays for you, which you can turn off at any time, and the graphics being updated particularly in regards to inclement weather (water splashing beneath players feet, jersey's getting covered with mud, etc.)
Not familiar with the franchise myself, so I just summed up what they said pretty much, so sorry if there's useless info in there.
Edit: Also, NP seems to have added some new features to the magazine, with a new "Star Power" section that focuses on one particular character each month (with Yoshi being the first), a "Collector's Corner" that shows off videogame-related merchandise, and "The Score," a collection of results from polls off their website. Kinda neat.
Thank you.

Top Bottom