• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | March 2015 | We All Scream for Ori

malfcn

ab6QFSc.png

This thread is constantly evolving to have information up to date.
While this thread strives to cover a wide range of info, new threads are welcome.
DEGbdfR.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

03 | Screamride
04 | Shiftlings
06 | OlliOlli
06 | Whitenight
10 | DmC: The Definitive Edition
11 | Ori and the Blind Forest
13 | Jet Car Stunts
13 | LA Cops
17 | Battlefield: Hardline
17 | Bladestorm: Nightmare
17 | Cabela’s African Adventures
17 | Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
17 | Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (disc)
18 | Fruit Ninja Kinect 2
20 | Ziggurat
24 | Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
25 | Slender: The Arrival
27 | Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
31 | RBI Baseball 15
31 | Neverwinter

Downloadable Content
10 | Far Cry 4 - Valley of the Yetis
10 | The Evil Within - The Assignment
27 | Forza Horizon 2 - Presents Fast and Furious

Apps
03 | TWC TV
03 | IGN for Xbox
17 | AT&T U-verse
17 | Overdog
17 | Sling Television
20 | XLEi
24 | Discover Languages by Rosetta Stone
24 | Epix
31 | Channel 9
31 | Nat Geo TV
31 | UFC TV

5Z3LDWG.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

03 | Screamride
17 | Battlefield: Hardline
17 | Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (disc)

Downloadable Content
00 | ...

VfUyeKp.png

Earn free games for being an XBL Gold member.
Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep forever: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the 15th.
On the 16th a new title becomes free to purchase until the end of the month.
Xbox One titles are yours to keep during subscription: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the end of the month.

Xbox One
00 | #IDARB
00 | Rayman Legends

Xbox 360
01 | Tomb Raider
16 | Bioshock Infinite

qtTPlzj.png

0UXywn9.png

System Versions and Update notes.
May also contain important patch information.

Xbox One
03.09.15| OS 6.2.12521.0 (xb_rel_1503.150305-1449) fre // Controller Firmware 1.2.2236.0

Screenshots
  • While playing a game, you can now take screenshots on your Xbox One console by simply double-tapping the Xbox button on your controller
    to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. You can also say “Xbox Take a Screenshot” to take and save a screenshot.
Upload Suite
  • Manage your screenshots in addition to your game clips.
  • Use a screenshot as your background, by viewing the screenshot in full-screen mode then, press the Menubutton and select Set as background.
  • Share screenshots to your activity feed, attach to messages, add screenshots to your showcase, share to Twitter, and post to your OneDrive.
Suggested friends
  • With the suggested friends feature, the Friends area in home and your friends list will help you find and add friends.
    Suggested friends will include people you might know, so you add more friends to game with, and top community broadcasters and clip creators,
    so you can get more great content in your activity feed. We’re also adding a new suggested friends page to the Friends area.
Sharing your name
  • We’re rolling out two new ways to share your real name; with all of your friends or to everyone in the Xbox Live community.
    You can also continue to share your real name with select friends, or with no one, if that’s what you prefer.
    Gamertags are still the primary method of identifying yourself on Xbox Live, but sharing your real name helps people recognize you who might not
    know you by your gamertag. The new name sharing options can be found under Friends, then My profile, then Name sharing settings.
Party Chat enhancements
  • 3 new icons were added to Party Chat to show each user their own microphone status
    • Kinect icon means the Kinect is being used as the microphone.
    • Headset icon indicates that the headset is being used as the microphone
    • 3rd icon indicates that you do not currently have a working microphone, in that you are connected to the Party, but nobody can hear you.
Tile transparency
  • We added a setting to enable you to vary the level of transparency for your background images,
    go to Settings, then My Xbox, then Tile transparency.
Privacy and online safety settings
  • We added a new setting for sharing voice search data to create an option for you to allow collection and analysis of voice data when using
    Xbox – Bing to search. You can go to Settings, then Privacy and online safety, then Share voice search data to change the setting.
Report spam
  • The Messages app has an added option to allow you to notify Xbox when you receive spam.
    You can now select a specific message, press the A button and then select Report, then Spam to report a specific message as spam.
Live TV in Australia & OneGuide
  • Support for OneGuide is now available to all users in Australia for free-to-air TV listings.
    Additionally, the OneGuide app will be pre-pinned for users in Australia after the March system update mandatory install window.
Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in Australia
  • Xbox One owners in Australia can pre-purchase the Xbox Digital TV Tuner at the online Microsoft Store, with availability planned for March 25, 2015.
Additional Details
Xbox 360
12.11.14 | Dashboard 2.0.17150.0

ZkSSXRg.png

byqIdxe.png

Climb back through time and see how we got here.
These links provide a glimpse of discussion and information as it happened.

02.2015 | Games find a Way
01.2015 | Beginning with Horror
12.2014 | Beta for the Holidays
11.2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine
10.2014 | The Delirium Within
09.2014 | Push back the Darkness
08.2014 | Hot Maddening Nights
07.2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador
06.2014 | Something to do with EEEs
05.2014 | Doge & Order - Special Games Unit
04.2014 | Springtime Watersports
03.2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot
02.2014 | Don't call it a Drought
01.2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker
11.2013 | Jump In! The Resolution is Fine

I'm really looking forward to Neverwinter and Valley of the Yetis.

I want Type-0, but there's no way I'm paying $60 for it. Will most likely get Ori and White Night.

malfcn

I am thinking about Revelations. But I am a little confused after the $25 vs $40 difference, is there a big content gap?
And I didn't play Rayman, so that is a welcome freebie.

I'm just waiting on the digital compilation for RE:R2.

I don't think there will be a content gap. I think the pricing is just taking advantage of the hardcore RE fan the way the Type-0 pricing is taking advantage of the hardcore FF fan.

malfcn

All I saw was a raid character tied to disc, maybe mode too ? That didn't sound like a justified $15 difference to me.

The move to community has been hard, but I can see why. But there are some threads like the weekly fgc that get to live in the regular gaming section. That part makes it confusing and not consistent.

Ohmbrew

Another beautiful thread malfcn!

I'll for sure pick up Screamride, Ori, and the free games (Neverwinter & Rayman).

I haven't tried Borderlands yet, but have heard nothing but good things, so I'll probably grab that one too.

I'll wait for impressions and recommendations on other games.

Glad to see the game releases pick up again.

Montresor

Damn what an incredible month. That's packed. Ori and White Night for sure. Will have to think about Screamride, Olli Olli, and Handsome Jack Collection.

Bizzquik

Okay, GAF:
Where's our Phil Spencer GDC thread?

The event starts in just 75 minutes!!
(Tuesday, March 4th 2015 @ 11am)
schedule here

Bizzquik

Are we expecting announcements at this thing?

Official Microsoft press release here. The Future Of Gaming Across The Microsoft Ecosystem

Its about Windows 10, Xbox One, & Windows phones - and perhaps some Surface Pro 3 talk. (Don't expect a Surface Pro 4 reveal today.)

Phil has said previously that 2015 will be a year of conversations about Windows 10 prior to its actual release. In the Windows 10 reveal event in January, we saw Microsoft stream Xbox One games to Windows 10. Its been hinted at that we will now see the reverse: streaming PC games on Windows 10 to Xbox One.

I have no idea what we'll actually see today, to be honest. But I'm hyped anyway!

malfcn

I don't think the IGN or TWC apps are new, but the dates and dashboard said so..
And you can now pre load DmC.

Isn't there supposed to be a 20% discount on Zombie Army Trilogy for Gold users? I'm not seeing on the console, website or smartglass.

RoKKeR

Damn when did these threads get relegated to Community?

Good stuff as always OP, really looking forward to Ori.

Damn when did these threads get relegated to Community?

Good stuff as always OP, really looking forward to Ori.

A few months back -- hence, the huge drop off in how many posts they get regularly. It's a shame because they're extremely helpful in keeping track of GwG, new releases, and chatter.

malfcn

I would think these threads would be good areas to discuss things before an OT drops, or general chatter.

Daigoro

ah, that's where these thread went. what bullshit. no wonder i havent seen them lately. just had to click on mal's name to see if he was still making these threads at all anymore... lame. i cant see a good reason for these threads to be relegated to Community.

anyways, busy month. i have too much shit to play. Rayman is great. bought FH2 and ZAT, and im way behind on RE REV2 chapters.

kind of tempeted with DmC, and oh crap Ori comes out tomorrow? i seriously dont have enough free time in the week for all this.

I've been working on clearing out my hefty backlog lately, but I'll probably give it a rest and pick up Ori this weekend. Looks too good and reviews are too good to wait on it.

malfcn

I am not a Battlefield player, but this addition to the franchise doesn't look good. From the sound of the critics, beta experience and resolution it could bomb. To be honest, it's barely been a blip on my awareness radar.

Hopefully Visceral doesn't suffer from the release.

Montresor

Looks like a great month. A little of everything, seems like.

Definite purchases this month:

White Night (already purchased and really enjoying it
Ori and the Blind Forest (will get once I 1000/1000 White Night)

Definite purchases later:

Borderlands Handsome Collection
Evil Within Assingment DLC (when season pass is on sale)

Maybe:

DmC: Definitive
LA Cops
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

My friend said he was trying to play Fitness and kept getting a CDN error. Something with Kinect?

I'd uninstall, hard reboot and re-install. I've had Fitness get "corrupted" on several occasions. Once it starts acting up, I do that, and it works fine again.

malfcn

Did some tests in in AW for a choppy scene. For some reason it is viewable for me, and through the Xbox site. But the 3rd part Clips site it says no MIME type found and 2500+ views.

Guys, I'm kind of worried about the rest of the year, given how amazing Ori is. Definitely my favorite game I've played in a long while despite a few sections that were frustrating. I don't know what can possibly beat it this year.

So Amazon added a pre-order incentive (Borderlands GOTY PC) to the digital version of The Handsome Collection.

I'm up to a 10% reward (at least until it resets this summer), but I'll buy through Amazon instead of XBL when the incentives are good enough.

malfcn

Wife might get my DmC which would be cool. Sort of ran out of games to play. Unless I play The Evil Within again or grab the dlc. My back log is on my 360 but it's so hard to turn in on now. Have Revengeance and Blacklist waiting. Also have my eye on Revelations..

Looks like new XBO Deals with Gold are up and it's just... GTA V with $500K in-game cash for $59.50?

Or maybe the deals aren't really posted yet? I'm not really sure as I was only checking the SmartGlass ios app.

Where the fudge is the April update?!

Forza Presents Fast and Furious is out 27th and RBI Baseball 15 is out 31st March if you want to add them to the OP Malfcn

malfcn

Where the fudge is the April update?!

Forza Presents Fast and Furious is out 27th and RBI Baseball 15 is out 31st March if you want to add them to the OP Malfcn

FREE standalone expansion

For the first time ever, the Forza experience of thrilling driving and amazing cars is combining with the unstoppable Fast & Furious movie franchise to create an original adventure filled with high-speed automotive action.

To celebrate the April 3 theatrical launch of “Furious 7,” the standalone expansion will be available at no charge for a limited two-week period. Players can download the expansion on Xbox One or Xbox 360 (at no charge!) from March 27 through April 10; after this, the expansion will cost $10. Players who downloaded it during the initial two-week window can continue to play without restriction.*

So anyone without FH2 can play it?
Because there is still (I believe) that management problem..where if you download DLC and you don't own the base game you can never delete it. That would be bad, it's 15GB.

It being labeled as stand alone hopefully means it is safe.

statham

So anyone without FH2 can play it?
Because there is still (I believe) that management problem..where if you download DLC and you don't own the base game you can never delete it. That would be bad, it's 15GB.

It being labeled as stand alone hopefully means it is safe.
I'm mixed on the standalone, I kinda wished I could boot it from the main FH2 game, so my FH2 game has everything. But also like its its own separate game. I dunno.

Top Bottom