• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me 2s Story Has Been Written, But It’s Up To Capcom To Make It

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/10/remember-2s-story-written-capcom-make/
While Remember Me had its flaws, Capcom and Dontnod Entertainment made Neo Paris an interesting world. "I would absolutely love to [work on a sequel]," Jean-Maxime Moris, Creative Director at Dontnod, said to Siliconera. "We know what we would do for Remember Me 2. The main story has been written we know what we would add to the recipe. We know what we would fix. It’s a game that’s ready to be made, but that decision is Capcom’s to make."

"But, right now our focus is [Life is Strange]. I really hope we will be able to work on more Life is Strange [beyond the five episodes]. We need to capitalize on what we have done. It is a balance of trying different things and capitalizing on what we know. For Season 2 we started bouncing ideas off each other. Obviously we need to see and Square Enix needs to see how the first season does to really decide whether we kick it off or not. So, it’s not in the works, but we have started the very early stages of conception at Dontnod."
Capcpom, pls. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'd love a sequel but they would have to improve the combat. The custom combos were a neat idea but it wasn't fleshed out at all.

Great world though, basically Luc Besson: The Game.

ViciousDS

Banned
I actually really liked remember me a lot. Really liked creating combos to my liking as well. Was cool to make something fit your style.

Eirulan

Would be nice to see a sequel someday.
I really liked the setting, story and chars.
But they should completely revamp the combat system and get rid of the linear level design.

Ferrio

Banned
If they did I'd rather they bring it back like Life is Strange, and none of that gimped Combat. Everything about the game was awesome except the actual game part.

Kyoufu

Yeah, good luck with that. Capcom won't even make Street Fighter V without Sony's help let alone fund a sequel to an external game that didn't do so hot to begin with.

Lime

I'm up for more Nilin.

remember_me_nilin_conilu1i.jpg

kiyoaki

I'd love to see a sequel with improved combat and a bit more freedom to explore the world. It would be a relatively high budget game, though. I have a hard time seeing Capcom footing the bill for that when the first game wasn't a hit.

Yeah I really hope they get a chance. Remember Me had some great ideas and I felt had something special. With the chance for a sequel and to improve on it's flaws we could have a great game/franchise on our hands. That world was beautiful.

Ditch the combat, go full adventure-game mode with it, and have lots more memory-editing.

This.

Coxy

considering capcom cant even afford to make street fighter and megaman these days, this sahould never happen, but hey, they didnt get where they are by making good decisions!

KeRaSh

I would love to play a sequel. It was far from perfect but it was a great start into a new IP and I liked a lot of things about it. Hopefully they get another shot to iron out a few things.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the first one a lot, so I hope this happens someday. The atmosphere was incredible, as were the vistas and soundtrack. It was also interesting to read the info bits in the menu, so I'm looking forward to even more readable stuff.

Uklott

Neo Member
The concept of changing Memories is awesome and you could do a lot with it.
I enjoyed the first one, even with all the flaws. Wouldn't mind a Sequel.

Still i belive Life is Strange Shows the Strength of Dontnod a lot better.

I'd love a sequel but they would have to improve the combat. The custom combos were a neat idea but it wasn't fleshed out at all.

Great world though, basically Luc Besson: The Game.

Or better yet, not have combat be the central mechanic of the game at all. Did not fit thematically and was executed extremely poorly to boot. The remixing memories needed to be a way bigger part of the game.

Icarus

The first game needed a lot more love than it got from folks. It was clever. Story and world were great. Combat could have been better, but that's a fixable thing (even though custom combos were cool... those need to stay).

I'd be up for another go.

Coxswain

Don't you mean "Remember Me Too" ???

Until that's the working title, the game hasn't been written yet.

I don't know how much I could really care about it, though, to be honest. I loved the shit out of the visual style of Remember Me, and I really wanted it to be good in a way that I rarely get my hopes up for, but that game was a mess. I had to start the game up four times over three days before I even managed to get to the point where the controls would do anything other than pause/resume the cutscenes, then when I actually did get the game going, the combat was just a mediocre ripoff of a combat system that I thought was pretty bad even when it was done "right". And then to top it off, those memory altering sequences were like being trapped in some sort of fucked up purgatory where you had to play the third case from Apollo Justice over and over.

What would be really cool would be some sort of collaboration where Dontnod could handle the visual/aesthetic elements of the game, and another team with some real action game chops could take care of that, but that's even less likely than an actual big-budget sequel.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Keep the combat in, but make it more fluid and intuitive, more fun basically. Also make exploring the world more interactive and less linear, don't go open world though. Expand memory-editing.

And for god's sake, don't hold our hand for simple platforming. Include puzzles!

World, art style, graphics, soundtrack, interesting story, keep all of that!

Ditch the combat, go full adventure-game mode with it, and have lots more memory-editing.

You get it.

Combat really sucked in this game, especially on the harder levels when it basically just became an instant death rhythm game. The story was pretty solid, but the game was ridiculously linear. It was basically one platforming tunnel between fights.

Remember Me was such a waste of time, not sure if I care enough to give a sequel a try, specially when the plot was self contained, no sequel hooks or anything.

Not like Capcom would ever fund it anyways

Top Bottom