• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs.+ website open, new English character trailers

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The English website for J-Stars Victory Vs.+ is now up & has 3 trailers up featuring English gameplay, with teases of future trailers. Will update OP with characters & videos once they're released. Still stated for Summer 2015 for PS3, PS4, & Vita.

Part 1:
Dragonball Z (Goku, Vegeta, & Freeza)
Dr. Slump (Arale) Vs. Luckyman (Tottemo! Luckyman)
Tatsumi Oga (Beelzebub) Vs.Taro Yamada (Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukai na Nakama-tachi-)

Part 2:
Bleach (Ichigo, Aizen, & Rukia (Support))
Gintama (Gintoki) Vs. Assassination Classroom (Koro-Sensei)
Fist of the North Star (Kenshiro) Vs. Sakigake!! Otokojuku (Momotaro Tsurugi)

Part 3:
One Piece (Luffy, Ace, Hancock, & Anaiku)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Hiei & Yosuke) Vs. Saint Seiya (Seiya)
BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo (Bo-bobo) Vs. Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan (Kusuo Saiki)

Part 4:
Toriko
Rurouni Kenshin Vs. Reborn!
Hunter x Hunter Vs. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo

Part 5:
Naruto Shippuden
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Hell Teacher Nube Vs. Medaka Box

Part 6:
Support Characters

Nightbird

So was this game any good or just massive honest to god fan service?

As far as i know, some liked it, and some thought it was pretty mediocore.

Well, it doesn't matter to me, i'm just here for the Fanservice. And the Game having a final rating in Germany means probably that it will arrive pretty eraly in Summer.

pizzacat

Banned
I only know like 4 of these people. Is there more characters from One Piece besides Luffy and Hancock? That's all I've seen of Op

Idk much about dragonball z because I only read dragonball but what is wrong with gokus voice. Is that even real

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope there's more than 1 Yu-Yu-Hakusho character in the game :(
Yusuke, Hiei, & Younger Toguro are in. I debated if I should've added the character names, since I wasn't sure if the trailers would highlight them all or just the main characters from said franchises. For example, I don't know if they'll include Rukia in the Bleach trailer or in the Support Characters trailer.

If you wanna see the full roster, Wiki has a list up.

I only know like 4 of these people. Is there more characters from One Piece besides Luffy and Hancock? That's all I've seen of Op
Ace & Anainu are in as well.

pizzacat

Banned
Yusuke, Hiei, & Younger Toguro are in. I debated if I should've added the character names, since I wasn't sure if the trailers would highlight them all or just the main characters from said franchises. For example, I don't know if they'll include Rukia in the Bleach trailer or in the Support Characters trailer.

Ace and Akainu? I already see some type of mission involving these two. Obvious choice with Ace but out of nowhere with Akainu.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ace and Akainu? I already see some type of mission involving these two. Obvious choice with Ace but out of nowhere with Akainu.
If I recall, they were chosen due to a fan vote/popularity contest at the time. That would explain the kind of random selection of characters for One Piece (no Straw Hat crew is a support character, for example).

pizzacat

Banned
How long ago was that popularity thing?. Akainu hasn't been shown much (if not at all) post timeskip, neither has Ace

:[

And what even is that third video lmao. I might get this. The DBZ video looks like a more advanced version of the game, looks way better than the other ones

That's awesome, thanks!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How long ago was that popularity thing?. Akainu hasn't been shown much (if not at all) post timeskip, neither has Ace
The game was originally announced for Japan WAAAAY back in Dec. 2012. Well over 2 years ago. I'm guessing they probably finalized the roster then or by early 2013.

sooWoo!

Banned
No dub? And wow did they really upgrade the graphics, seems like a big jump with some nice motion blur and destructibility.

Nothing too huge, but the American box art has been revealed. Guess we can have even more reassurance that all the characters made it in from the Japanese version.

Mendax

one of the source manga is "bobobo-bo bo-bobo". what the hell lol.

ボボボーボ・ボーボボBobobōbo Bōbobo. beautiful bobobobo.

I still can't believe they've not included Kinnikuman...

Someone will pay for this.

I'm shocked Kinnikuman wasn't included either. Who knows though? Maybe Namco will surprise us, by including more characters in this version. If the whole purpose of renaming this version "Victory Vs. +" was over a few balance changes and an arcade mode that'd be very underwhelming in my opinion.

Would love to see Kinnikuman, Yoh, Yugi, Jotaro, Dio, Adult Gohan, Zoro, and countless others. Regardless, it's a freaking miracle we're getting this game, so I'll be picking it up day 1 no matter what.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nothing too huge, but the American box art has been revealed. Guess we can have even more reassurance that all the characters made it in from the Japanese version.
f908c72e-b83c-43e0-98a0-6f7bc12ca1e5_zpsxndoseq8.jpg
Cool, they kept the original Japanese box art. After what happened with Jojo All-Star Battle, I kind of feared they'd change it to only feature the most "well-known" character(s).

Also noticed it's been 2 weeks & no new trailers yet.

That's only the beginning. Stuff like this happens right out of nowhere.

Bobobo_Yu-Gi-Oh.PNG

Yes, that's Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh popping out of the main character's afro to summon a Dual Monster to shoot a beam at the villain. I remember reading that for the first time in high school & laughing for 5 minutes straight because I couldn't believe what I just saw.

Bobobo_Yu-Gi-Oh.PNG

Yes, that's Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh popping out of the main character's afro to summon a Dual Monster to shoot a beam at the villain. I remember reading that for the first time in high school & laughing for 5 minutes straight because I couldn't believe what I just saw.

Oh god. It's even better, because I'm imagining Dan Green just yelling that aloud. Japan is rad.

Mendax

I wish Chitoge was a main character in this. It'd be a sure purchase if she was.

rofl, amazing!

Can anyone comment on the game's net code from the Japanese version? When this game comes out my friend and I plan on playing it for a long while.

Village

You never heard of bobobo?

You need to read/wach bobobo!

That is the jam

Can anyone comment on the game's net code from the Japanese version? When this game comes out my friend and I plan on playing it for a long while.

It's playable, a wired connection is recommended. I honestly had a better connection playing against people in Japan than I did playing with people in the United States

So... Quick question: Is there a reason only the PS4 version of this game is available for preorder? I mean, I know the Ps3 and Vita versions were confirmed as wellupon announcement, so.... Is the ps4 version the only one getting a physical retail release? If so, I think I'm gonna be upending quite a few tables....

Rymuth

Bro...Bobobo is life changing...

Untitled.png

So... Quick question: Is there a reason only the PS4 version of this game is available for preorder? I mean, I know the Ps3 and Vita versions were confirmed as wellupon announcement, so.... Is the ps4 version the only one getting a physical retail release? If so, I think I'm gonna be upending quite a few tables....

Yep ps4 is the only one getting a physical release, the rest are digital

Top Bottom