• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs+ Announced For North America (PS3/PSV/PS4)

Yui

Well, that's a pleasant surprise.

Update:
...and apparently not every character in the Japanese version will make it internationally. TBA on who's out.
Please don't cut all the characters I like.
I can already see only getting stuff like the Jojo, Fist of the North Star, and Saint Seiya characters...

hohoXD123

Oh wow, used to be one of my most requested games for localisation, but thought it was near impossible because of all the licence issues. Unless if they cut out too many iconic characters, I'm definitely hyped!

moozoom

Hopefully the cut characters aren't anyone important

...the only ones I really care about are Kochikame and Arale so my purchase will depend on those 2.

I don't even know who most of these characters are, except the obvious Naruto-Bleach-Onepiece gang.

TDLink

...the only ones I really care about are Kochikame and Arale so my purchase will depend on those 2.

I don't even know who most of these characters are, except the obvious Naruto-Bleach-Onepiece gang.

Arale should be fine. She was not only in Dragon Ball but also a few of the DBZ fighting games.

Oh wow, used to be one of my most requested games for localisation, but thought it was near impossible because of all the licence issues. Unless if they cut out too many iconic characters, I'm definitely hyped!
Doesn't Namdai have the license for most of the famous ones? Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, Jojo, Saint Seiya...

Though thinking about it, I could see Kenshiro being cut since Tecmo was doing those Hokuto Musou games :S Hopefully they'll strike a deal.

Percy

Banned
Wow... I'm in so long as the cuts are minimal.

Now we just need waifu fighter(aka Dengeki Bunko Climax or whatever the full name is) in the west ;)

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I hope Gon and Hisoka aren't cut

JCX

Wow, I remember most people thinking JSS would be impossible in the west due to licensing. Great news that this made it though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What about EU?
I hope that in the end they will able to put all the characters(at least the few ones i know!)

Akzel

I've imported the title from japan and half enjoyed it. I'm willing to buy the PS4 version later but still thinking about it.

Shinriji

JStars was one of my Vita GOTY, so much fun online. So I will buy the plus PS4 version if they put 4 local multi. If the game won't have local multi again, will stick with the JP version.

thelastword

Banned
Wow, this looks nice, like these clean graphics, kinda looks like the new dragon quest game, same engine I suppose? I'm down for a new powerstone like game, so this looks like it will be more than welcome.

Wanchan

Didn't expect this seeing how Bamco will have to pay a lot to use those licences outside Japan.

Too bad it's a really average fighting game, just imagine a Smash bros style game with that roster, it would sell millions....I'll still buy it on PS4 for their "bring to the west" effort but if anything, i would rather have a remake of the old Jump Super/Ultimate stars.

Hisoka

What a day.

I'm so happy. Day 1 for sure!

Some characters get cut, but maybe we get some other characters?

Maybe Alan playable.

But even if not, i don't care, Kenshin, Gon, Gintoki.. i'm coming

SykoTech

Awesome, but I hope the cuts aren't too drastic.

Also nice to hear they're rebalancing and stuff. The fanservice is enticing, but the gameplay from the original didn't look so hot in videos. Hopefully all the changes are for the better.

Although now I really, really want a Shonen Jump vs Capcom game...

kewlmyc

I know that Hunter X Hunter is licensed by some mystery company in the west who's just sitting on the license, so I hope they won't be cut because of complications with that company.

Flowmoney

I wish they would get some English voices though with a toggle for each character for Japanese and English.I would love to hear American Goku over the high pitched Japanese one.

Khrno

Since my only choice is to buy Digital now (unless I want to pay about $75 and wait a few weeks to get it on retail) I'll be getting the US version, long are gone the days where I could buy cheap games from ShopTo and Zavvi /cry

As for the Player Characters go, the ones I really care about are Vegeta, Ichigo and Kenshin, so I don't think any of them will get cut off (only Kenshin hasn't been confirmed yet), and the ones I fear for are support characters like Chitoge, Lala, Kuroko and Allen Walker.

Top Bottom