• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft surveying interest in Alan Wake + Xbox One Remaster

Via Reddit

Y3XpqGA.png

I'd buy it.

Now give me a damn episodic sequel.

GamerJM

Banned
I liked Alan Wake quite a bit but tbh we don't really need a remaster, we already had a PC version released years after the 360 one. I don't really think Remedy needs to do more to prove the power of Alan Wake as an IP.

I liked Alan Wake quite a bit but tbh we don't really need a remaster, we already had a PC version released years after the 360 one. I don't really think Remedy needs to do more to prove the power of Alan Wake as an IP.

Quick and easy way to make more money on the game, get the series to potentially new people and set people up for a sequel.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

LycanXIII

A free copy of Ryse as a pre-order bonus?

Edit: Wait, how far off is QB if they're asking if you'd want a remastered AW as a pre-order?

Gestault

I'd happily play a rebuilt take on the original game, though my interest is a bit lower if it's basically just a port of the PC version running at higher settings. I'm pretty sure that would be part of the appeal on the publishing side, so that's a mixed answer, I suppose.

Either way, that's a game that I really enjoyed and would like to see more of.

Edit: Wait, how far off is QB if they're asking if you'd want a remastered AW as a pre-order?

I don't think a remaster would take that long to do tbh. They weren't technically surveying if people wanted one, they were asking if they wanted it as a pre-order bonus. I suspect its already in the works (however early) if they are asking it.

The wording "A free copy of ..." makes it seems like it is already a thing

To me this almost sounds like AW Remastered is coming anyway and they're asking if getting that would make people more interested in pre-ordering Quantum Break.

I mean otherwise they could just list stuff like "A free copy of Battletoads Xbox One game"

If QB is definitely an early 2016 release, then it's kinda already way off and a remastered AW is plausible in that time-frame. It most likely won't be Remedy handling the port either.

I'd buy a remaster for sure.

Hatchtag

Banned

I would guess a very small portion of the people working on QB are working on this and the majority of it is outsourced.

Regardless, I'd like to play a remastered Alan Wake. Haven't played it before, and it seems cool.

Warablo

It would be amazing if we got a Alan Wake remaster, with all the DLC and American Nightmare, with our purchase of Quantum Break. Lol

Huh, so they might offer any potential AW remaster as a pre order bonus for QB?

What does that tell us about QB?

I'd actually love a remaster, especially if it's properly done and not just a resolution boost.

Eh, not sure I want to play through it again unless they change up the combat entirely. It looked fine on PC running at 1080/60 in any case. I might have been more interested in a remaster if the PC version didn't already exist.

Lagamorph

I'd rather have a sequel than a remaster. The first one looked fine, I really don't see the need to go back and give it a minor bit of polish.

Huh, so they might offer any potential AW remaster as a pre order bonus for QB?

What does that tell us about QB?

I'd actually love a remaster, especially if it's properly done and not just a resolution boost.

Tells us they want to give us an incentive to pre-order. Lets not forget Alan Wake gave away the first DLC episode for free with pre-orders/day 1/early buys

SgtCobra

People shouldn't be surprised Microsoft is also jumping on the remaster wandbagon, that's where the easy money lies.
With that said I'd welcome a remaster.

Corpekata

Banned
Wouldn't play it as I have it on PC but it's a game that's pretty great looking all cranked out, and probably would not take a ton of effort to "remaster" so sure, why not?

Chobel

This basically is telling us that Alan Wake remaster for XB1 will happen and it's coming very soon (Early 2016 at worst) .

EGM1966

Seems like a no-brainer. There's a PC version sitting there with better assets they could port over and a fairly dedicated (if not huge) fan base.

Bittercup

Do it! If it increases the chance of a sequel I'm all for it. I would even buy it even though I don't have a Xbox 1.
A remaster would be a good opportunity to improve some of the aspects that weren't so good in the original, like the facial animation or the very low video quality of the cutscenes as well.

Corpekata

Banned
This basically is telling us that Alan Wake remaster for XB1 will happen and it's coming very soon (Early 2016 at worst) .

May of this year is the 5th anniversary so I'd bet on that or Halloween time. May's probably a bit too close but some other remasters have had short announcement times. I'm leaning toward October though.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The biggest news here is that Alan Wake could get a sequel. I'm very excited about that. I don't think I want to buy a "remaster" (pc version on X1?) of the original though, unless it offers something new. Fortunately, I'll be buying Quantum Break so if it is coming as a preorder bonus, I won't need to buy AW out of some kind of obligation / attempt to encourage a sequel's development.

Eh, not sure I want to play through it again unless they change up the combat entirely.

This is my main wish too. More enemy variety both in appearance and the tactics they employ. Perhaps some refinement/additions to Alan's weapons?

Already have the PC version so I'd rather see a sequel.

I don't think it's a remaster or sequel choice. I think the overhead on an original game is significantly higher than a remaster. You can be sure that Remedy won't be working on it, it'll be farmed out while they continue with Quantum Break (which I just realised rhymes with Alan Wake... Could this be something incredibly significant!?!?!?! ...no? Oh, ok). In principle though, yes, give us a sequel please!

ehhh, not sure if I would buy this...im all for it being a preorder incentive. But cool that many more people will hopefully buy it and experience it. I recently went back and got all the achievements, great game

Top Bottom