• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store is giving Alan Wake: Remastered for free if you buy Alan Wake 2. (Game is currently %55 off)

GHG

For anyone intending to play AW remastered this is important:

Change refresh rate of monitor to 60hz and turn VSync on
These bugs seem to be tied to the monitor's refresh rate. Lowering the refresh rate of the main display to 60hz through the Windows display settings and turning VSync on seems to largely alleviate this issue, but some visual bugs may still occur

I played through it earlier this year and kept getting the infamous voxel explosion issue along with some physics issues. After I did that it fixed everything 100%.

Shame it's not designed to be run beyond 60fps and without vsync but apart from that the updated version is pretty good overall.

Don't forget to scan the QR codes with your phone as you come across them.

Last edited:

GHG

Already at a 55% discount + a free game with it.
This reinforces the idea that the game sold rather poorly.

Looking at some of the sales available on the EGS at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if the store itself was in trouble.

AREYOUOKAY?

Oh no I can’t believe the game you can’t physically buy in stores would do extra poorly because nobody knows it even exists…

Deerock71

game show play GIF by Deal Or No Deal

Tsaki

Yeah the game must have ultra bombed. If such a sale is out already, I'll wait a handful of months and get it at $15 on PS5.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Also Tim Sweeney looking at EGS sales in general and bumping the coupon to 33%, to get some life going.

I have to say I dislike Epic, but at 33% off I’ll probably buy a couple games that aren’t on Steam.

I'm fairly new in the PC space, but I browsed the Epic store a couple of times and just feel it being rather pointless and redundant, so I never bothered making an account and getting the client. GoG and Steam have everything I need in terms of games and features.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm fairly new in the PC space, but I browsed the Epic store a couple of times and just feel it being rather pointless and redundant, so I never bothered making an account and getting the client. GoG and Steam have everything I need in terms of games and features.

While I agree with you, it’s well worth collecting the free games each week. There’s supposed to be a total of 17 games given away beginning next week for the Holidays.
You don’t even have to log onto your PC. Just hop on the store on your phone and just claim them.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Jesus I love AW2 but this has bomba written all over it.

A game like Dead Island 2 has barely had sales and came out way earlier this year.

Remedy hopefully got enough money from epic. Guys are always at a mercy to do these shit deals. What’s the play with rockstar for the two max Payne remakes ? Gotta suck dick and sell your soul for a buck.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Jesus I love AW2 but this has bomba written all over it.

A game like Dead Island 2 has barely had sales and came out way earlier this year.

Remedy hopefully got enough money from epic. Guys are always at a mercy to do these shit deals. What’s the play with rockstar for the two max Payne remakes ? Gotta suck dick and sell your soul for a buck.
Well they funded the game and its marketing but apparently the deal is 50/50 after recouping costs for the previous so it seems they won't be seeing another dime or anything significant from this, 50/50 is such a huge portion, Idk if it was a good deal for them in the end, especially without Steam.

Last edited:

FireFly

I haven't got an email yet, they sent out the wrong game?
Yeah, just got this email message.

"We incorrectly provided you with a digital voucher for Alan Wake 2 that is no longer redeemable. The error has been resolved and you can find a new digital voucher for Alan Wake Remastered on PC below".

pxlwrld

Neo Member
I still have a code left for the PC version. Bought it in G2A and got impatient waiting for SEPA to come through, so I bought it on the Store as well. If anyone is interested hit me up.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I still have a code left for the PC version. Bought it in G2A and got impatient waiting for SEPA to come through, so I bought it on the Store as well. If anyone is interested hit me up.
How much? I’m interested

Last edited:
Top Bottom