• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft surveying interest in Alan Wake + Xbox One Remaster

Really liked Alan Wake a lot, so I'm glad to see it acknowledged like this. Maybe it can help regain interest in the franchise and greenlight the sequel.

Chobel

The survey should have had just two options, free Ryse or free Alan Wake. I mean no one would choose some bonus item/chapter over a whole fucking free game, and while making-off is a solid option, for most gamers it's worthless.

Most people won't choose free Ryse either

Alfredo

I recently found out my Alan Wake disc is scratched in a way that makes it unplayable, so I would definitely jump on an Xbox One remaster. I never got a chance to play the PC version either.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Meh, a port on the store is enough. Game already looks pretty good. They could port the PC version, 1080p60fps right there.

hao chi

I don't really care whether or not Alan Wake gets a remaster, but I'd be down for an Alan Wake 2. The first game was entertaining and from what I remember had quite the cliffhanger.

Please let this terrible game die already. And there is a good PC version anyway.

surprise-face.jpg

Alan wake was one of my biggest surprises In gaming , went in to it with very little knowledge and assumed it would be a purely horror game which I am not a huge fan of, but I was blown away with how great it was .

It it means more games like Alan wake I would buy a remaster instantly

PaulloDEC

Xbox One owners, you should want this. I replayed the original on PC recently, and it still looks absolutely fantastic.

Throwing in the DLC and American Nightmare would make it fantastic value too.

Having played this game on both the Xbox 360 and PC, I would totally and very strongly consider purchasing it on the Xbox One (if I had one...)

This game is what I consider to be THE sleeper hit on the 360. It is most unlike any game I've played. The tension and fear in it is real. I'd love to see it on this current gen console.

Why make a remaster of a game that sold average to poorly the first time around? If this is an attempt to spark interest outside of existing fans it seems like it should have been done earlier in the generation when there was less competition. I would like to see a sequel though so whatever it takes.

naitosan

Come on, just because it's already on PC doesn't mean it shouldn't come on XB1. Maybe they plan to enhance it with DX12 and it'll be good to give Alan Wake more exposure to new audience.

Seriously, more people buy/play Alan Wake, higher chance Alan Wake 2 will happen after Quantum Break.

As a preorder incentive, yeah, whatever; nothing really that I've seen about QB gets me pumped for it, tbh.

But to pay again and play through again? I had fun with AW, but not one of my tops from last gen, so I don't have the same itch as I do for that as, say, GTAV.

Why make a remaster of a game that sold average to poorly the first time around? If this is an attempt to spark interest outside of existing fans it seems like it should have been done earlier in the generation when there was less competition. I would like to see a sequel though so whatever it takes.

Its sold 3m units.

hao chi

Plot twist: you must pre order at kmart for the exclusive Alan wake remaster

I'm alright with Kmart. Got multiple copies of Vanquish for PS3 and 360 ranging from $5-15 there, as well as LittleBigPlanet 2 and Dead Space 2 in addition to a $20 XBL points card for a total of $90 about 1-2 months from the release of both games. :)

Not on Xbox 360. Sales are the reason Remedy didn't make an immediate sequel.

It did it across 360 and PC, I can't say I'm that bothered at how long it took to get there, they moved on to QB reasonably quickly anyway after doing American Nightmare.

A remaster might give them the push to make a sequel

"PC port saved it from being a failure", more likely the holiday 360 bundle.

It did it across 360 and PC, I can't say I'm that bothered at how long it took to get there, they moved on to QB reasonably quickly anyway after doing American Nightmare.

A remaster might give them the push to make a sequel

"PC port saved it from being a failure", more likely the holiday 360 bundle.

Remedy had an interview were they basically said they wanted to do a sequel, but couldn't get it greenlit. You are painting it as way more successful than it actually was. Where did you get the 3 million figure any way?

Kevin

Yes please! Alan Wake is one of my favorite games in the last past decade. I hope they do indeed make more.

Bluth54

I would love to see them do a remastered version, the game has some pretty bad textures in spots and the lip sync needs to be fixed. Of course I would want to see the PC version get the same enhancements since I don't have an Xbox One.

Also anything that could lead to more interest in Alan Wake and lead to a possible Alan Wake 2 would make me very happy.

Remedy had an interview were they basically said they wanted to do a sequel, but couldn't get it greenlit. You are painting it as way more successful than it actually was. Where did you get the 3 million figure any way?

Essentially, it came down to Wake not performing well when it was first released, even though the series went on to sell over 3 million copies.

Eurogamer

It was bundled the 360 holiday bundle in 2010, I would expect a decent amount of that 3m to have been made up of the May-December period which included that bundle.

Im not painting it as "way more successful than it actually was", the game was successful however long it took "first time around", in 2013 it had done over 3m in 3 years, for me that is a success.

If this remaster can help a bit more with green lighting a sequel I'm all for it.

Guerrilla

So much yes! Will buy day 1. I will gladly play through it/ the dlcs and American Nightmare again (I reckon they will be included) What would be uber awesomer thought, if they included an episodic sequel season pass with the collection.

Master Chief Collection
Marcus Fenix Collection
Alan Wake Colleciton

I'm in!

Sony, can you please do the same now?

Top Bottom