• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Houston Astros raise the stakes in concession food wars with Chicken and Waffle cones

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Earlier we heard about the Arizona Diamondbacks plans for a Churro Dog, and now:

http://www.foodbeast.com/news/chicken-and-waffle-cone-astros/

The Houston Astros are stepping up to the food plate with a new Chicken and Waffle Cone this season.

It's like a waffle cone you'd see at Cold Stone Creamery, except the ice cream is replaced with mashed potatoes, popcorn chicken and honey mustard.

While we have seen the chicken and waffle cone duplicated in a few places here and there, we can credit Nick Chipman at Dude Foods for inventing this insane chicken and waffle mashup back in 2012.

While it is essentially a Dude Foods tribute, it isn't exactly the same, as Nick used syrup on his chicken and waffle cone, naturally. Plus, Minute Maid Park added mashed potatoes to theirs, which makes it feel like a KFC Famous Bowl.

M1KETjT.png

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I must admit, that sounds delicious, whether it's with honey mustard or syrup. Mmmm.

I like how american cuisine advances by figuring out what crazy new thing is most commercially profitable. I can't think of a more american way to invent culture.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
9fYi3gA.jpg

Take me out to the ball game

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I feel like they missed the mark with the honey mustard. Should have been maple syrup to complete the chicken and waffles. Although I admit not sure how syrup would taste with the mashed potatoes.

Mesoian

I was listening to the v for vendetta soundtrack while reading this and the moment I got the actual image, the music swelled dramatically.

That is something that looks so tasty, but I should never put inside my body.

ReAxion

Although I admit not sure how syrup would taste with the mashed potatoes.

They're warm and soft like puppies in socks
Filled with cream and candy rocks

If your stomach is grumblin' and your mouth starts mumblin'
There's only one thing to keep your brain from crumblin'

They're shiny and large like fishermen's barge
You know you've eat enough when you start seeing stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom