• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of this upcoming baseball season's ridiculous concession food war

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeToast

Banned
I avoid buying food at baseball games anyway. Reds games let you bring in anything other than beer or glass containers, so I bring in water, pop, peanuts, candy, etc. And if I really want something I will get a couple of their dollar hot dogs.

terrisus

I'm never interested in this kind of stuff when I go to a baseball game. If I can even find where they're serving these crazy dishes (it's always like one stand hidden away somewhere, or in one of the restaurants attached to the stadium), the prices always turn me right off.

I don't even want to think about how much they charge for that simple "bacon on a stick" item. Any guesses? I say 12 dollars for 3 of them.

Seriously though, yeah, when I go to a game, I eat at a restaurant outside the park before the game.
At the game, I just buy a soda, and maybe some chicken fingers or something.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
4JqIyhI.jpg

Concept17

Bloody Mary's are stupid. The drink is so terrible everyone who likes them likes sticking random shit in them to wash down that fowl taste.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Bloody Mary's are stupid. The drink is so terrible everyone who likes them likes sticking random shit in them to wash down that fowl taste.

To each their own, but I agree. I don't fucking understand bloody marys.

I'm never interested in this kind of stuff when I go to a baseball game. If I can even find where they're serving these crazy dishes (it's always like one stand hidden away somewhere, or in one of the restaurants attached to the stadium), the prices always turn me right off.

I don't even want to think about how much they charge for that simple "bacon on a stick" item. Any guesses? I say 12 dollars for 3 of them.

I wanna say it was like $7 for two slices of bacon. I've gotten them a bunch, big problem is they run out quickly and it takes time for them to cook more.

Atlanta Braves, Turner Field - The Fiesta Dog is a foot-long, all beef hot dog covered in tortilla chips, nacho cheese and chili. It's like a Mexican pizza on a hot dog.

Gross, there is nothing Mexican in that hot dog.

RiverBed

Banned
z6utktA.png

Is this a fucking joke? Are they cleaning the kitchen or did a child put that together?

The lack of talent and imagination for this and all the other 'foods' posted is frustratingly disappointed. So just literally mash up different things and call it a day? Absolutely no talent or will at all...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
cntrl + F = cincinnati

no results.

:(

i this is a war i want to be in.

Looks like Cincinnati has a bunch of new items:

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Moroccan chicken

635629887996678270-00ejum6.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Smoked stuffed quail (will be called "cardinal" when St Louis is in town)

635629903863252097-01kouh9.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Korean beef short rib with scallion cake

635629887967813275-009dug6.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - The Say Cheese sandwich, featuring three cheese on Texas Toast with bacon or egg

635629887974210382-00nhu81.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - The Fry Box, which will serve hand-cut fries topped with a Buffalo-chicken mix, pulled pork, or pot roast, with either ranch or truffle salt.

635629888025855319-01jbu64.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Smoked soft-shell crab sandwich

635629888041614046-018sunj.jpg

For our friends from across the border in Windsor, one of the Detroit Tigers vendors sells a poutine hot dog.
Poutine%20Dog%20004_2.jpg

Looks disgusting...seems perfectly appropriate to add to the OP!

Some of you guys are acting like you've never seen a Bloody Mary before.

The pizza slice is meant to be a bit out there, but there is usually savory food stuff included with a Bloody Mary.

Its unimaginative but not exactly strange.

Now if you are calling it out for being lazy? Sure. I'd gladly drink that and eat all the goodies if someone offered it to me though.

Sanjuro

z6utktA.png

Is this a fucking joke? Are they cleaning the kitchen or did a child put that together?

The lack of talent and imagination for this and all the other 'foods' posted is frustratingly disappointed. So just literally mash up different things and call it a day? Absolutely no talent or will at all...

It's a gimmick. They aren't selling most of these items like hotcakes, but they can easily make a high profit by putting them in a booth or two in the stadium.

The Boomstick is the only item I've given a go, and despite the absurd cost, it was delicious and a fun experience all around.

terrisus

Yeah, I don't really get the appeal of these "FoodX, FoodY, and FoodZ, mashed together and served in one container" types of food.

Lunar15

Marlins Park doesn't have anything too crazy, just some pretty decent cuban food.

The Pork Sandwich is stellar:

MarlinsPorkSandwich.jpg

You can also get ceviche!

MarlinsCeviche.jpg

Of course, being a baseball park, it's all very overpriced.

Yeah. I went to a Jays game a few years back with a friend who smuggled all sorts of alcohol in via cargo pants. A mickey of Crown Royale, a couple tallcans, a flask of vodka. Lessons no doubt learned from his former work as a drug dealer.

Back in the late 70's and early 80's Baltimore's Memorial Stadium allowed you to bring in your own alcohol as long as it was poured out into a spigot-type cooler. They just didn't want you to bring in any cans or bottles that could be thrown onto the field. Good times.

Then someone at the stadium realized how much concession revenue they were giving up with this policy, and that was that.

jay23

I'd definitely try that chicken fried corn.

Baseball always has the best food creations out of all the major sports.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I feel like the Rangers won this round. Fried corn on the cob, candied bacon, and fried smores seem legitimately good without being a disgusting self parody.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Looks like Cincinnati has a bunch of new items:

Looks disgusting...seems perfectly appropriate to add to the OP!

yea a lot of those don't look too appealing at all.

i'll cop the soft shell crab sandwich and the fry box though.

eh, who am i kidding i'm going to end up trying them all by the end of the season.

Marlins Park doesn't have anything too crazy, just some pretty decent cuban food.

The Pork Sandwich is stellar:

MarlinsPorkSandwich.jpg

You can also get ceviche!

MarlinsCeviche.jpg

Of course, being a baseball park, it's all very overpriced.

Man ceviche would be such good baseball food....you're right though in that it'll probably be overpriced and possibly mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom