• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of this upcoming baseball season's ridiculous concession food war

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.foodbeast.com/news/15-crazy-new-ballpark-eats/

The food that has been introduced throughout the league this spring is pretty insane. It all started with a modest little Churro Dog in Arizona and it took off from there.

Since then we've seen announcements for all kinds of ridiculous food items, from the all-bacon booth in Texas, to a Bacon-filled Krispy Kreme donut in Wilmington.

The bar has been set high this year.

We've already seen these in recent threads:

Arizona Diamondbacks, Chase Field - The Churro Dog is a chocolate-glazed donut filled with a churro, topped with three scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate and caramel drizzle.

XXJOEFO.jpg

Houston Astros, Minute Maid Park - Chicken and Waffle Cone with mashed potatoes and honey mustard drizzle.

CVBZPkZ.png

Some of the other entries:

Pittsburgh Pirates, PNC Park - Cuban-Style Pretzel Dog with ham, pork, swiss cheese, Dijon and pickles.

P1JIZNF.jpg

Atlanta Braves, Turner Field - The Fiesta Dog is a foot-long, all beef hot dog covered in tortilla chips, nacho cheese and chili. It's like a Mexican pizza on a hot dog.

wXt6bFW.jpg

Minnesota Twins, Target Field - The College Daze Bloody Mary is an olive-topped pizza slice inside a bloody mary.

z6utktA.png

Texas Rangers, Globe Life Park - Candied bacon

baconc.jpg

Texas Rangers, Globe Life Park - Chicken-fried corn on the cob.

w1gCqb2.jpg

Texas Rangers, Globe Life Park - Deep-fried Oreo S'mores, or S'mOreos.

7lRzaaa.jpg

New York Mets, Citi Field- Mac & Cheese Fries

b497E1t.jpg

Milwaukee Brewers, Miller Park - Doritos-crusted, deep fried beef sticks.

V1jdrTz.jpg

Wilmington Blue Rocks (Kansas City Royals Class-A minor league affiliate), Frawley Stadium - The Sweet and Salty hot dog is a bacon-filled Krispy Kreme donut with raspberry jam.

fgSw9TL.jpg

There's more coming I'm sure, some of which have been announced but I can't find any images of. Such as at the San Francisco Giants' AT&T Park:

El Gigante Nacho Cart: Jerk chicken or beef chili nachos, served in a plastic souvenir ballcap.

That's a lot of nachos. Especially if they use Bochy's hat size for that ballcap.

EDIT: Some additions from the thread:

Seattle Mariners, Safeco Field - Dungeness Crab Sandwich

20150401marinersfood_01.jpg

Chicago White Sox - Maple Glazed bacon on a stick

CBmZY2KWAAEvt5K.jpg

Chicago White Sox - Rib dinner in a helmet

CBmeHv2XIAAPjfC.jpg

Chicago White Sox - Pizza burger

CBmc-IRWAAAquVx.jpg

Chicago White Sox - Bacon flights

7QATREO.jpg

New York Mets - Smores Covered Bacon

Q4eYSBt.jpg

Phillidelphia Phillies - Triple Triple Burger

7Pi4uY6.png

(Minor League) Timber Rattlers - Big Mother Funnel Burger

0hba5CR.jpg

Detroit Tigers - Poutine dog

Poutine%20Dog%20004_2.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Moroccan chicken

635629887996678270-00ejum6.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Smoked stuffed quail (will be called "cardinal" when St Louis is in town)

635629903863252097-01kouh9.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Korean beef short rib with scallion cake

635629887967813275-009dug6.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - The Say Cheese sandwich, featuring three cheese on Texas Toast with bacon or egg

635629887974210382-00nhu81.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - The Fry Box, which will serve hand-cut fries topped with a Buffalo-chicken mix, pulled pork, or pot roast, with either ranch or truffle salt.

635629888025855319-01jbu64.jpg

Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ballpark - Smoked soft-shell crab sandwich

635629888041614046-018sunj.jpg

No Love

Banned
Eating just one of these probably satisfies caloric intake for at least 2 days.

The pizza in the bloody mary is gross/dumb as hell though.

TheMan

each order of food is actually the size of a premature baby's fist and cost about 15 bucks. fuck ballpark food.

old

I would try the fiesta dog. I wish my local team did neat stuff like this. But they just play it safe with generic same old same old.

BTM

That chicken & waffle cone thing actually looks fantastic. It's like a famous bowl in a waffle cone!

I would try the fiesta dog. I wish my local team did neat stuff like this. But they just play it safe with generic same old same old.

If Houston's "Odd food concessions" are a guide, they usually only sell it one place, and it's no where near my seats.

Loxley

I'm not going to lie..I would eat the shit out of those first two
...and the deep-fried Oreo s'mores.
But my health can take solace in the fact that I never will since I never go to baseball games.

Maximo

Slowly getting heart burn then the Krispy Cream and bacon roll came up...Jesus America sure is..creative.

Edited my post to make it clear, but what makes a pizza slice so special in a bloody lol

Because fuck it, pizza in a bloody mary.

Also, the head food guy at the park was probably told to "Make something crazy" back in December, and forgot about it until they had to order supplies in March.

Minnesota Twins investing as much in their concession staff and ideas as they do with their on the field product. They could have stole an idea from the state fair last year that was ten times better than that bloody mary abomination.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Minnesota Twins investing as much in their concession staff and ideas as they do with their on the field product. They could have stole an idea from the state fair last year that was ten times better than that bloody mary abomination.

Most of their newer entries appear to be drinks:

Minnesota Twins, Target Field - Key lime milkshake with beer.

rhUr2r5.jpg

Minnesota Twins, Target Field - Creamsicle-style milkshake with Blue Moon beer.

Cxb00fi.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna try the candy flavored bacon next time I go to Globe Life. Hell I might even get some deep fried Oreos to.

baconc.jpg

What the shit is this?

"Holy shit guys, we got hammered last night and forgot that we were supposed to come up with a new concession item to present to the owner today! What the fuck are we gonna do?"

"I don't know....shit grab a piece of leftover pizza, throw it in that half-empty margarita cup..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom