• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast food roundup - Wendy’s testing new sandwiches, BK's new Buffalo Chicken Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pepper Barrel Tenders coming from Popeyes:

xKYD4Sk.jpg

Popeyes is currently offering its new Spicy Garlic Butterfly Shrimp, but here’s a look at what’s coming up next.

Coming soon, it’s new TABASCO Spiced Pepper Barrel Tenders with new Smok’n Pepper Ranch Dipping Sauce. Look for it on Monday, November 30th.

-----------

Wendy’s Tests New Bacon Mozzarella Cheeseburger and Crispy Chicken BLT

OFRXJ53.jpg

The test market products keep rolling on for Wendy’s with another couple of new sandwiches in select markets. First off is this glorious looking Bacon Mozzarella Cheeseburger which features a beef patty, Parmesan Garlic cheese sauce, a slice of natural Mozzarella cheese, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, spring mix, and red onion on a buttery garlic Brioche bun. Available in Seattle, Milwaukee, and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

610 calories, 34 grams of fat, 14 grams of saturated fat, 115 milligrams of cholesterol, 1340 milligrams of sodium, 38 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber, 36 grams of protein.

YFCdPOv.jpg

Next up is the Crispy Chicken BLT which features a breaded chicken patty, two sliced of Applewood smoked bacon, a slice of American cheese, mayo, a leaf of lettuce, and a slice of tomato. Available in El Paso, Texas and Springfield (which narrows it down to about 30+ possible locations).

This sandwich will set you back 440 calories, 24 grams of fat, 7 grams of saturated fat, 55 milligrams of cholesterol, 950 milligrams of sodium, 37 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 1 gram of fiber, and 20 grams of protein.

-----------

Burger King Introduces New Buffalo Chicken Fries

boR31zm.jpg

Burger King is offering new Buffalo Chicken Fries, which feature the flavor of "mild peppers, tangy vinegar, and creamy butter."

Rather than tossing them in Buffalo sauce like they did for a previous chicken strip menu item, the new Chicken Fries contain a dry seasoning in the breading meant to mimic the flavor of the sauce for enhanced portability and less of a mess.

The flavor is the second variation they've offered of Chicken Fries since they brought them permanently back last year after a long hiatus. The first variation was Fiery Chicken Fries, a spicy version of the dish that came in a container decorated with a cartoon chicken in a luchador mask. The Buffalo Chicken Fries box is similarly enhanced with a buffalo chicken complete with horns and a nose ring.

You can find new Buffalo Chicken Fries at participating Burger King restaurants for a limited time in orders of nine fries. They cost the same as regular Chicken Fries with a suggested price of $2.89.

Nutritional Info - Burger King Buffalo Chicken Fries (88g)
Calories - 270 (from Fat - 140)
Fat - 16g (Saturated Fat - 2.5g)
Sodium - 850mg
Carbs - 17g (Sugar - 0g)
Protein - 14g

-----------

EDIT: Another Wendy's test item spotted:

Wendy's Testing Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Sandwich with Green Chile Cream Cheese

nRVHtnM.jpg

Wendy's is testing the new Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Sandwich in three markets: Phoenix, AZ, Grand Rapids, MI, and Ft. Myers, FL.

The Wendy's offers an interesting, if questionable, trio of heat with sweet Thai chili sauce, green chile cream cheese, and chipotle mayo. Also part of the sandwich is a crispy fried chicken breast fillet, spring mix, and crinkle-cut dill pickles on a brioche bun.

I'm not sure how the sweet tangy spiciness of the Thai chili sauce squares with the creamy tang spiciness of the cream cheese and the smoky, creaminess of the mayo. Sounds like it could be too busy or just really weird. Usually, you just go with one or the other but I suppose that's why it's in test.

The green chili cream cheese in particular is something that hasn't been done by a major burger chain.

Nutritional Info - Wendy's Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Sandwich
Calories - 600 (from Fat - 220)
Fat - 25g (Saturated Fat - 7g)
Sodium - 1850mg
Carbs - 63g (Sugar - 15g)
Protein - 30g

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am ok with all of this, especially that mozz burger.

depths20XX

Those Buffalo Chicken Fries were out quite a while ago. They have like zero buffalo taste.

Popeyes is still on top with that constant flavor and sauce rotation though.

DoomGyver

Wendy's discontinued the pulled pork cheese fries. Tomorrow I'm going to the store to buy some frozen fries, Velveeta cheese, and pulled pork.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Another Wendy's test item spotted:

Wendy's Testing Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Sandwich with Green Chile Cream Cheese

nRVHtnM.jpg

Wendy's is testing the new Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Sandwich in three markets: Phoenix, AZ, Grand Rapids, MI, and Ft. Myers, FL.

The Wendy's offers an interesting, if questionable, trio of heat with sweet Thai chili sauce, green chile cream cheese, and chipotle mayo. Also part of the sandwich is a crispy fried chicken breast fillet, spring mix, and crinkle-cut dill pickles on a brioche bun.

I'm not sure how the sweet tangy spiciness of the Thai chili sauce squares with the creamy tang spiciness of the cream cheese and the smoky, creaminess of the mayo. Sounds like it could be too busy or just really weird. Usually, you just go with one or the other but I suppose that's why it's in test.

The green chili cream cheese in particular is something that hasn't been done by a major burger chain.

Nutritional Info - Wendy's Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Sandwich
Calories - 600 (from Fat - 220)
Fat - 25g (Saturated Fat - 7g)
Sodium - 1850mg
Carbs - 63g (Sugar - 15g)
Protein - 30g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom