• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The healthiest order at every major fast food chain

In the short term, beef isn't any less healthy for you than chicken. It has more fat (which isn't a bad thing) so you need to adjust your diet accordingly. But a grilled/griddled patty is actually going to be better for you than some nuggets because breading and because your body needs fat to survive.

In the long term it gives you cancer but that's not what you asked. 😛

Hmm makes sense.

I was literally going off the nutritional percentages but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Too bad grilled chicken sandwiches at fast places fucking suck. Dried out puck of chicken. And I love properly made grilled chicken sandwiches.

bigkrev

McDonalds tiny hamburgers are not filling unless you have like 3 of them

Taco Bell Fresca style tacos (I prefer the shredded chicken to the steak) are where it's at if you want something not terrible for you. You can add onions to any menu item for free to get some more food, and you can take 15% or more of the tortilla off (they don't fill them to the top, just tear off some of that excess tortilla) to lower the calories/carbs as well

friday

I will never understand why someone would go to McDonalds and order a salad.

Most fast food salads are okay, McDonalds are horrid.

Honestly I think Taco Bell is one of the best places for getting full and only eating 500-700 calories. Just stay away from all their special items, those things are like 900 calories.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
None of that stuff sounds good, though.

Why am I going to go to McDonald's and get a regular cheeseburger and salad. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I'm there to eat the worst possible thing and then hate myself for the rest of the evening. That's how this works.

Wait a second. You can order cheap while also ordering a lot.

Instead of spending over $5 on a big mac combo, mcgriddle combo, or double quarter pounder combo, why not try

- cheeseburger
- mcchicken
- mcdouble

For under $5. You can still order a drink if you want and still be at $5.

NewFresh

Wait a second. You can order cheap while also ordering a lot.

Instead of spending over $5 on a big mac combo, mcgriddle combo, or double quarter pounder combo, why not try

- cheeseburger
- mcchicken
- mcdouble

For under $5. You can still order a drink if you want and still be at $5.
I'll be honest. My go to for when im on the road for work and need a really quick bite is two Mcchickens, no mayo, add tomatoes.

Come to $3 and change and I ask for a glass of water.

Looks like it's 610 calories, 21g fat, 77g carbs, 29g protein.

Just wish it was lower in sodium at 44%dv

Popeyes
Three-piece blackened chicken tenders: 170 calories, 2 grams fat, 0 grams saturated, 0 grams fiber, 26 grams protein
Regular green beans: 55 calories, 2 grams fat, 0 grams saturated, 2 grams fiber, 3 grams protein

Fuck outta here that's not a damn meal.

225 calories wtf

Fat4all

Banned
they made a book like this, right?

sommit like, 'eat these, not those' and it was a bunch of fast food 'healthiest and unhealthiest'

They don't go to mcdonalds for the salad, they order the salad because they're stuck with mcdonalds for some reason.

Lol this ...

We used to theorize the same about Dennie's. I don't think I've ever gone unless it's like 2:30 in the morning after leaving a bar.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
No listing of sodium, carbs/sugar? Bleh.

I really have to pay attention to the later for my diet restrictions than calories.

Same here. For me to go down to 10% body fat or lower I have to limit calories AND carbs. They sort of go hand in hand when you're not eating as much anyway, but it's important for me to stay below 100g of carbs per day.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They don't list carbs.

Dumb shit like this list is why America is fat.

DOWN

Banned
This article is kind of shit unless you are a child.

McDonald’s grilled chicken Southwest salad is healthy and has great macros. As does Wendy’s Power Mediterranean salad. For adult stomach sizes.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Calories in calories out is all one needs to know to avoid being fat.
It's a lot more difficult to maintain a long-term calorie deficit if you're wasting the calorie budget on shitty carbs. This is why so many people fail.

studyguy

In N Out protein style is pretty cool, I get it sometimes for kicks.
It's just a hamburger without the bun, wrapped thick in big ass lettuce leaves.

IceCold

Calories in calories out is all one needs to know to avoid being fat.

Doesn't tell the full story. Limit calories while eating lots of carbs and you'll go hungry often since your body isn't fat adapted. Limit calories while doing low carb/keto and you'll have no problems skipping meals. The body is actually able to use its stored fat as energy. It's a beautiful thing when you let your body function the way it was supposed to. I've been on fasted bike rides for 30+ kms and don't even feel hungry afterwards. At this point I eat meals just to make sure I don't lose more weight!

Also if you want to make sure a decent amount of your weight loss isn't from muscle loss, then you have to eat enough protein too. So CICO doesn't tell the full story because calories aren't all equal. People who do low carb tend to lose weight faster and as a percentage less of it is muscle than those who slash calories across the board.

I understand why people do keto, and I see the benefits and think it's a great method. But some people can be way too snobbish about it tbh, and need to realize that it's really not for everyone. People get constipated from it, and many different heritages have proven time and time again that, despite having some pretty carb-heavy staples to their diet, they are still healthy. People's bodies are different, and bodies react differently to different diets. There are multiple ways to maintain a balanced, healthy diet. End of story.

Also, interesting OP! It does suck, though, that most of these meals wouldn't make me feel full in the slightest :p

IceCold

I understand why people do keto, and I see the benefits and think it's a great method. But some people can be way too snobbish about it tbh, and need to realize that it's really not for everyone. People get constipated from it, and many different heritages have proven time and time again that, despite having some pretty carb-heavy staples to their diet, they are still healthy. People's bodies are different, and bodies react differently to different diets. There are multiple ways to maintain a balanced, healthy diet. End of story.

Also, interesting OP! It does suck, though, that most of these meals wouldn't make me feel full in the slightest :p

Constipated? Maybe if you eat too much protein and not enough fat. Which heritages? Indian, and Chinese? You should have a look at the rate that diabetes is growing there and in other countries. Populations that thrive on high carb usually eat way less calories than Americans and certainty not as much refined sugar. So even if they eat rice, such as the Japanese, they aren't guzzling down sugar like Westerners, so their carb intake isn't that high. But those who eat lots of it, end up with same issues as westerners.

The problem is people are led to believe that sugar isn't a problem but fat is. You have people who are skinny and active who develop type 2 diabetes due to this or vegetarians/vegans with heart disease. So that's why many people on Keto are defensive about this shit.

HariKari

People get constipated from it, and many different heritages have proven time and time again that, despite having some pretty carb-heavy staples to their diet, they are still healthy.

Those carb heavy cultures are having problems with the introduction of modern, cheap, heavily processed food aka what most of America eats. Eliminating or severely limiting carbs is a way to encourage better food choices and easier portion control.

Top Bottom