• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Rush sucks ass, read here why

E-phonk

Banned
I bought it, and kind of regret it. I'm possible a very bad gamer, but I can't manage to get past the fourth (?) level (vegas style, first level of that other character that I didn't care for).

It was pretty "ok" before that, but the frustration from not getting past a certain level spoiled the game for me.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
"Oh god, I gotta run through even moooooore levels?"

After Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, Advance 1, 2, 3, Game Gear Titles, Chaotix, CD...... I'm tired of 2D sonics.

Bebpo

Banned
demi said:
Now post in agreement.

Ok, I agree.

NSMB shows how you take a classic franchise and do justice to it in modern 2.5D visuals.

Sonic Rush shows how you make a game that's nothing like the originals after the first world.

polg said:
Press forward FTW
Bottomless pits FTL

Yeah, actually I think this is the only post we need for the entire thread.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bosses where shit getting all emeralds level was shitter than the shit bosses.

actual levels were sweet though.

demi

It seems like every new Sonic game has to introduce some gumpy ass character that's pretty useless.

Silver the Hedgehog just oozes character.

I liked Sonic Rush even more than NSMB. And I love NSMB. :D

Now let's all point and laugh at my username and Sonic-themed avatar.

NelsonHaha.gif

SantaC

SonicMegaDrive said:

Now let's all point and laugh at my username and Sonic-themed avatar.

NelsonHaha.gif

your username and avatar!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
SonicMegaDrive said:

You like anything Sonic though. So people please do not trust his Sonic game impressions! Believe mine that Sonic Rush is great!

demi

Lindsay said:
You like anything Sonic though. So people please do not trust his Sonic game impressions! Believe mine that Sonic Rush is great!

You also hate NSMB, do not believe her impressions either.

Trust in the demi factor.

Lindsay said:

Ah, but this is not so! I dislike all of the 3D Sonics(OK, I tolerate the Sonic stages in SA1 and SA2), Sonic Shuffle, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, the Game Gear Sonics(Minus Sonic 1, Triple Trouble, and Chaos), Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic R.

I did like Sonic Riders though. Hey, I thought it was fun. :)

E-phonk

Banned
It's not that it sucks persé, but it's seriously flawed in certain aspects of its level design, and very limited (no extra's - that other character thingy doesn't even count).

Worth a rental, and B for effort in trying to be a decent 2D sonic game.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I bought it after someone here told me to (it was cheap were I live), initially I thought it was complete shit, but I stuck at it and it turned into a decent game. It's great fun running through the levels at speed when you know them. I'd give it 7 or 8 out of 10.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
SonicMegaDrive said:
Ah, but this is not so! I dislike all of the 3D Sonics(OK, I tolerate the Sonic stages in SA1 and SA2), Sonic Shuffle, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, the Game Gear Sonics(Minus Sonic 1, Triple Trouble, and Chaos), Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic R.

But you played them all didn't you? Either your a sucker for punishment or a rich fanboy.

McBacon said:

Perfect.

Martini

Kabuki Waq said:
no i think ill pass. It is sega afterall. Never Trust Sega.

your loss. the game is oldschool sonic but harder. or maybe i just suck at sonic games now. either way the game is great and the haters can eat my asshole! yum!

Christopher

SonicMegaDrive said:

No. Sonic Adventure is a great game all the way through...(erm...Big i'll give you).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
You know for sure, that Sonic Rush definately does not suck.

I totally loved being locked in a room 3 times so I can kill the same 4 enemies over and over in that aircraft carrier level. The only thing I love more is replaying that level because I can't backtrack to find the special stage warp that isn't in plain sight as usual. I LOVE IT. The music is ok too.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It had promise and problems, Sonic rush 2 SHOULD be great.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
E-phonk said:
I bought it, and kind of regret it. I'm possible a very bad gamer, but I can't manage to get past the fourth (?) level (vegas style, first level of that other character that I didn't care for).

It was pretty "ok" before that, but the frustration from not getting past a certain level spoiled the game for me.

OH SNAAAAAAAAAP.

I might give it another go one day or I might have more fun with another game. Decisions.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Great King Bowser said:
OH SNAAAAAAAAAP.

I might give it another go one day or I might have more fun with another game. Decisions.
I was the exact same. I haven't played a sonic game since megadrive, and I just kept dying in this, therefore I thought it was shit, but if you give it some time and learn the levels it does become much better IMO.

Tommy Gun

My experience was similar--died a whole bunch at first until I learned to slow down in certain spots, and got more familiar with the controls. I actually really like Blaze's hover ability, it can save your ass when you miss a ledge. Overall, it's a pretty fun game. I'm glad they're coming out with more old school titles.

Top Bottom