• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cannot verify my license on PS4

sappyday

So I turn on my PS4 a couple of minutes ago and all my downloadable games are locked. Games that I've bought and gotten from PS+. I was on it a few hours ago and everything was fine. I called my friend who is sharing my account and he says he hasn't done nothing and he hasn't even been online (my account is primary on his PS4). I'm not sure if that's the issue since I've never had issues with it before. I am connected to PSN and everything too.

Any ideas?

Im having the same issue and its not cause of maintnance i can acces psn store just fine.I cant watch Netflix,play Destiny (dlc is broke) or play the Wolfenstein prequel i just bought and restoring license spits out an error sigh.

I dont understand how come it locks games and free apps ive downloaded when im the primary account.

Im having the same issue and its not cause of maintnance i can acces psn store just fine.I cant watch Netflix,play Destiny (dlc is broke) or play the Wolfenstein prequel i just bought and restoring license spits out an error sigh.

I dont understand how come it locks games and free apps ive downloaded when im the primary account.

You understand service side maintenance can effect different features in different ways?

I had this problem too a few weeks ago. Couldn't play online in Bloodborne first and then couldn't play the game at all with my console connected. It went away after about an hour or so.

It's a pain in the ass but that's really all it is.

This happened to me, and I even made a thread about it. Sony support were friendly, but they had no idea what to do beyond restoring the licences and rebuilding the database... After a day the licences just randomly came back and the issue solved itself.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

So I turn on my PS4 a couple of minutes ago and all my downloadable games are locked. Games that I've bought and gotten from PS+. I was on it a few hours ago and everything was fine. I called my friend who is sharing my account and he says he hasn't done nothing and he hasn't even been online (my account is primary on his PS4). I'm not sure if that's the issue since I've never had issues with it before. I am connected to PSN and everything too.

Any ideas?

That's gotta be against the T&Cs, right?

Maybe they found out.

sappyday

Restart your PS4 and it should be fine.
Nope, everything is still locked
This happened to me, and I even made a thread about it. Sony support were friendly, but they had no idea what to do beyond restoring the licences and rebuilding the database... After a day the licences just randomly came back and the issue solved itself.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I hope. I've spend too much on digital only to have it all stop working.

Gorger

If you're sharing you account with someone then you lose your primary license meaning all your games are going to be locked if you're not connected to Sony or the Internet.

It's a really sucky method Sony came up with, and it's a shame it doesn't work the opposite or the same way the PS3 did, but unless they change the rules that's what you're gonna have to deal with.

Davide

I had Yakuza 4 with plus and just told me it expired on PS3, only one though. And now it won't install after deleting it. Could be related?

andshrew

It's a really sucky method Sony came up with, and it's a shame it doesn't work the opposite or the same way as PS3 did, but unless they change the rules, that's what you're gonna have to deal with.

What? It's designed for you to use your purchases on multiple PS4s that you own not to share your purchases with someone else. It works fine for its intended purpose.

sappyday

If you're sharing you account with someone then you lose your primary license meaning all your games are going to be locked if you're not connected to Sony or the Internet.

It's a really sucky method Sony came up with, and it's a shame it doesn't work the opposite or the same way as PS3 did, but unless they change the rules, that's what you're gonna have to deal with.

This I am aware of but I am connected to PSN and online (can go into the store and can see join a party)

I am fully connected to PSN. But I can't verify my licenses. Gives me an error code every time I try.

I "purchased" PT, but never actually downloaded it.

My ps4 was fine until around 9pm with the scheduled maintenance. But it's nearly midnight now and it should be over. Yet I've got a nice little lock icon on every game.

Same issue here, i also have PT

The fuck?

The fuck!?

Goddamnit, Konami, this better not have affected me.

I am fully connected to PSN. But I can't verify my licenses. Gives me an error code every time I try.

My ps4 was fine until around 9pm with the scheduled maintenance. But it's nearly midnight now and it should be over. Yet I've got a nice little lock icon on every game.

If this truly is PT's fault... The ride never ends.

I think most people have PT, so I wouldn't count on that being the issue yet. I have PT (EU account) and everything is fine.

Lothars

Same here, It was working before maintence, This is strange because it says that I cannot use it and when I go to the playstation store it does say I have a license.

Tainted

Phone lines closed over 4 hours ago, the Twitter just closed (but doesn't do much to help, just link to articles) and live chat closed 2 hours ago

OK sure, but instead of him posting "you might be saying goodbye to your entire digital library forever" .... why not speak to Sony first to see if i can be resolved? I'm 100% sure they will resolve it for him after 1 phone call.

jadedm17

I'm starting to become annoyed the amount of times I can't do basic things like use Netflix when they do maintenance.
I'd love to watch Netflix on my PS4 right now.

Note : I've tried restoring licenses and resetting my console a dozen times with the former always giving an error and the latter not helping.

NP-34993-8
NP-35000-8 PSN is undergoing maintenance PSN is undergoing maintenance. Please try again later. You can check the status of the PSN here.
Why does this mean I can't watch Netflix? The Xbox 360 was never like this, was it? At the least I feel like they had these days far less.
It reminds me of when I first bought a PS3 how the game updates took hours and once I couldnt watch a bluray out of the box. Sold it after only a few weeks.

Edit : "All Services are up and running" Not for me. :\ sigh

OK sure, but instead of him posting "you might be saying goodbye to your entire digital library forever" .... why not speak to Sony first to see if i can be resolved? I'm 100% sure they will resolve it for him after 1 phone call.

Making a stink on social media is usually the best way to get things fixed quickly. Sad but true

vazel

Banned
I can't download any of my PS+ games on my PS3. I keep getting error code 80029780. I tried doing this fix but it doesn't work.

I have PT in my download list even though I don't have a PS4.

Gorger

What? It's designed for you to use your purchases on multiple PS4s that you own not to share your purchases with someone else. It works fine for its intended purpose.

That's what I am saying. You still lose primary license from your main account and PS4 no matter which secondary PS4 you give it too. Sharing between family or owning multiple PS4's you'd still prefer to keep primary license on your main PS4. Their intended purpose is balls.

sappyday

So it seems either we just have to wait for the license to come back (as one gaffer said happened to them), or sony decided that only primary ps4s can play games now. Or the maintenance fucked something over.

Someone I would find it funny if this was somehow all Konami's fault but I doubt it.

Davide

I can't download any of my PS+ games on my PS3. I keep getting error code 80029780. I tried doing this fix but it doesn't work.

I have PT in my download list even though I don't have a PS4.
I'm getting an error downloading Yakuza too but it's 80710D23

Edit: now also 80029780

I'm starting to become annoyed the amount of times I can't do basic things like use Netflix when they do maintenance.
I'd love to watch Netflix on my PS4 right now.
I'm having all of these issues, yet I can still watch Netflix on my PS4. Have you tried it?

Top Bottom